Dunraven Windows Logo

Dunraven Windows

Having problems with Dunraven Windows?

Dunraven Windows reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 11, 2014. The latest review Conservatory installation and they're warranty was posted on Oct 15, 2021. The latest complaint Damage of Product and Poor Installation was resolved on Sep 11, 2014. Dunraven Windows has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 12 reviews. Dunraven Windows has resolved 1 complaints.

Dunraven Windows Customer Service Contacts

St David's House, Heol Mostyn, Village Farm Industrial Estate, Pyle
Bridgend, Wales, Mid Glamorgan
United Kingdom - CF336BJ

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Dunraven Windows Customer Service. Initial Dunraven Windows complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Dunraven Windows above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Dunraven Windows. Discuss the issues you have had with Dunraven Windows and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Dunraven Windows Complaints & Reviews

Dunraven WindowsConservatory installation and they're warranty

Warranty is FAKE no customer service Break things don't tidy up and don't complete job to a usable standard DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!
Useless workers and annoying phones calls and spams emails. Wanting more custom without fixing they're shoddy work it's been awful paying out thousands for rubbish work causing more expense fixing black mould and the broken window is ridiculous

Dunraven WindowsOrangery Extension

Please accept this correspondence as my intention to record an official complaint in respect of the above order number. Unfortunately, we are approximately seven years since our orangery extension at our home address and since this time we have experienced years of issues. Each of these issues have been reported on countless occasions, however, the problem remains to this day unresolved. You should have on record the volume of leaks we have experienced since the orangery extension has been fitted. These leaks have not been minor issues, but have resulted in a heavy ingress of water from the lintel inside the property which appears to be a result of poor workmanship where the orangery has been sealed to the house. I have lost count the number of times we have had to repaint inside the orangery as a result of damp and consecutive leaks. Your records will show a series of what appear to be temporary repair jobs which have not resolved the problem. This problem with the seal and connection with the house remains, however, you also now have on record the fact that the whole of the fibreglass roof has blown which is resulting in further leaks and damp inside the orangery. The roof damage has been reported from Spring/Summer 2020 and still we await a repair almost twelve months later. I have an extensive list of images and videos of the damp, water ingress, and mould as a result of the leaks, and failed attempts to resolve this issue. We are now at the stage where I have been left with no alternative but to make my complaint in writing, although I am sure you would accept, we have been extremely patient after seven years of unresolved building issues.
    For the sake of brevity, I intend to focus on the most recent issue with the roof which has blown and is the cause of damp, water ingress, and mould (also outside on the building). Please see the following record of correspondence from July 2020:
    • 20th July 2020 13:45 - I spoke with Sarah in respect of this issue who referred me to the buildings department. I spoke with Ian and advised him about the numerous leaks since purchase and now damage to the fibreglass roof which had blown causing interior leak and damp. I also advised that due to the issues we had experienced for seven years, the orangery extension had still not been signed off by a building inspector. Ian stated he wasn't aware of the reports but stated he needed to speak with a buildings manager and intended to call me back the following day to discuss the issue further. I explained that my fear was the damage was gradually getting worst and would be more difficult to repair so I requested particular urgency in respect of the request. I didn't get a call back.

• 26th August 2020 09:30 - I had a visit at our home address from Steve, a builder for Dunraven Windows. This visit by Steve followed on from a previous visit (no date) from Gareth the building manager who had come to inspect the damage. Steve stated that the roof had completely blown and needed to be removed, his exacts words were that it had ‘blown and was loose'. I looked at him walking on the roof which was moving and bouncing as he walked, the roof did not look safe and was clearly beyond basic repair. Steve showed me his paperwork which simply stated a sand and repaint of the roof, this was endorsed by Gareth the building manager despite him knowing the condition the roof was in. This was completely misleading and Steve knew this to be the case, he stated that a sand and repair was no good as the whole roof needed replacing. Steve finished his visit by saying the job needed four men and two days. I explained that the roof leaks every time it rains and not just once or twice a year which was listed on the paperwork. Steve took a video of the damage.

• 31st October 2020 - Still no contact from Dunraven following Steve's visit. I documented that the leak and damp was getting worst. I made repeated attempts to contact Dunraven but got no response.

• 10th January 2021 - I made another record that at this time (six months post report) there was still no meaningful contact. We had experienced some serious inclement weather conditions over the course of the winter and the extension has started to look even more dishevelled and the interior damp and unsightly.

• Wednesday 14th March 2021 - We received a phone call from Dunraven customer care team member Harrison who was attempting to sell us further products. I explained to Harrison all of the issues we had since our purchase which he appeared to acknowledge and stated he would email the service team on my behalf. I asked him to copy me into the email. He did not.

• 22nd March 2021 - My wife called Dunraven and was promised a call back by the building department. Unfortunately, no call back was received.

• Thursday 15th April 2021 - Susannah contacted me from the service department at 16:45 hours. I again explained the situation. Susannah advised I would need to speak with Ian from the buildings department and I explained I had done so on numerous occasions and it was getting me nowhere. Susannah explained she would contact them again and explain the urgency of the situation. I reiterated my concerns that we had spent approximately £25'000 on the extension and every year we were experiencing problem after problem. Unfortunately, I have heard nothing since this last communication in April. Susannah also asked that should I get further contact from the customer care team that I don't mention the issues as I should report this to the service department.

I have had no recent contact or update. Since April we have had two weather storms which have been graded Amber warnings by the Met office. These storms have caused further leakage and damp inside the property, so much so we have had to clean the damp and repaint the interior to make it look slightly more presentable.
    I am now at the stage where should this matter not be prioritised in the immediate coming weeks/months then I will be seeking legal advice for civil recompense since the purchase.
    I therefore request the following as quickly as possible on receipt of this correspondence:
    1. A confirmed date for the roof replacement and remedial work to explore the flashing, seal, and tray connected to the house.
    2. On completion of the work an inspection by an external building inspector to confirm satisfactory completion and safety of the extension.
    3. *Important* Please consider this a direct freedom of information request in respect of all historical reports made by myself or my wife in respect of issues with this extension since the purchase. You will no doubt have these reports on record. I would therefore like the exact nature of the reports and the records of what work has been completed.

I am hopeful of an immediate response to this correspondence and will remain duly patient over the next seven days for confirmation that you have received this correspondence and are working towards processing my requests. If I receive no reply then I will assume the matter has once again been ignored and I will arrange for civil proceedings to commence. It is also my intention to get an independent contractor to repair the work at which point I will be sending the bill to yourselves for payment.
    The standard of service we have received from Dunraven since the purchase has fallen far below our expectations. This purchase took a great deal of consideration by myself and my wife, the cost involved is extraordinary. We have not been able to enjoy the purchase due to the long list of issues and leaks we have had. It has caused considerable stress and anxiety and after seven years I am now at the stage where unless the matter is resolved without further issue then it is my sole intention to not pay anything further and to seek further civil redress for payments made thus far. I think I have been fair in my requests and have allowed sufficient time for this work to be completed.
    Please can you respond to me as soon as possible in respect of points 1-3 above.

Dunraven WindowsGlass Roof replacement

I have sent many emails, to which I haven't had a single reply. A man came to treasure the panel again, I told him it was ordered months ago, and should be in your warehouse.

I'm still waiting for your roofer to come and put the tiles back, that your workmen moved

I also have leaks that need sorting out, and the drafts left by your workmen blocked up. There are gaps and holes that need insulation. There's no point in having this insulated glass roof, when your men left gaping holes. Also I'm not happy with the roof weight, resting on strips of wood, onto the window frame, surely the weight should be on the walls at with end. I'm sure that under building regulations, it's unsafe.

I had a call about a month ago from a man at your call centre. I made it very clear, how dissatisfied I was with the workmanship, and the way I have been ignored by no response from my emails. I have been extremely patient because this Covid Virus, has left us all in a very uncertain situation. I understand the problems businesses are under, and I've left it to you to deal with, but nothing has been done to put right the problems. I have been very ill in the last year, also caring for a member of family with Cancer.  Ive been unable to deal with all the stress this roof has caused me, with water and drafts. The room is as cold as it was before the roof was replaced. Ive had to stuff the gaps with paper to help stop the drafts. Both times someone came out, they didn't have enough Silicon to fill all the gaps left.

Please will you give this some priority please, I'm at my wits end with all neglect your company has shown me.

Yours

Ann Macleod

20GLANMORE ROAD LLANELLI SA15 2LU

[protected]

Jan 02, 2021

Dunraven Windows — Windows

Nicola King 5 Usk Court Thornhill Cwmbran NP44 5UP [protected] [protected]@gmail.com My windows were...

Dec 16, 2019

Dunraven Windows — extension/conservatory

I have had an absolute nightmare with this company! They promised me the extension would be built and...

Nov 04, 2019

Dunraven Windows — cold calling

Going on the reviews from people who have actually had work done by this company I can see why the need to...

Aug 22, 2019

Dunraven — extension/conservatory

From day one everything was wrong! I was told the whole thing would take 3 weeks, it was started on 1st July...

Dunraven Windowsporch

porch was installed on Friday 5th July. Installers said their buildi.ng works team would finish off on monday (including repair of damaged brickwork. A manager contacted me and said he would check all had been completed later in the week and payment was taken. Since payment, phone calls have resulted in the standard reply "the manager dealing with this is in a meeting and will call you back" which has yet to happen, E-mails have been ignored,
        Since I made the the mistake of paying before the snags were completed, I am being ignored and my trust in this company and its customer service claims have evaporated. I amleft with the impression rhat now they have their money I no longer matter.

1 Response
          • Am
            Amanda Whitfield Aug 30, 2019

Agree - they dont appear to CARE - Very unhappy with cost of windows, appear to be overpriced and paying £10, 000 + for 5 windows and 1 door is obscene, windows are nothing special and there is not even a guarantee that is transferable to the new owner of the house which has had to be sold though probate - BEWARE if you think you will have this guarantee . My late husband was very poorly and has since died, he made this order in October 18 died in February19. In my opinion a vulnerable person was taken advantage of by the consultant. I have looked at costs of reputable large glazing companies for the SAME WINDOWS and DOOR and even they were 1/2 the price. Unfortunately I was not in the UK at the time of this order and by the time I was aware of it - it was too late to stop it going through. Aftersales not good, no apologies and not much help, BEWARE

Dunraven Windows — unfit for purpose

We have had windows and door installed for 2 years. First 18 months with 20 call outs final cross finger...

Dunraven Windows — double glazing

Recently bought a house which had relatively new double glazing throughout. After purchase we realised the...

Pontypool

Dunraven Windows — persistent unwanted phone calls, spanning years!

This is the very worst company that I have ever had the misfortune of communicating with. All it took was a...

Swansea

Dunraven Windows, Doors " Conservatories — Damage of Product and Poor Installation

We placed an order on Friday 21st March 14 for one window and a new front door from Dunraven Windows, who are...