Mail.comimpossible to cancel premium account

M

I have been trying to cancel my premium mail account for over a year. Their own admin control panel does not contain the option to downgrade the account or opt for their "free" service so I sent them an e-mail request asking them to cancel for me.
They refuse to admit they received my request despite my producing their own e-mail acknowledgement. Now they claim that was a phishing e-mail!
No matter how I answer their notes they always come back with demands for money and no attempt to deal with my complaint.

Very sad since they were excellent under previous ownership - I have had an account with them for about 12 years.

• Li
    Lisa Dibb Aug 24, 2018

They have scammed us too. We are a charity with no money & we are all volunteers. They won’t let us go. It is terrible. They charge for “free email”.

• Li
    Lisa Dibb Aug 24, 2018

This has been our experience too.

• Gu
    Gueon Jun 22, 2013

Mail.com premium service is a scam as far as I am concerned. They will use any excuse to keep charging you and will make you jump through hoops while you try to cancel. I tried to cancel multiple times over the phone. Then I cancelled via email. Then they said that wasn't sufficient so I had to call back to confirm so they could be sure it was me who tried to cancel... Ridiculous. And unscrupulous.

• Bi
    bismi May 14, 2012

i had cancelled my premium account by sending an email to [email protected]

Once they accept the request, The premium service will stop automatically after the date of expiry of current premium service.

• Bi
    bismi May 14, 2012

pls contact [email protected] or [email protected]

• Mi
    mikethemix Apr 29, 2012

I have very similar experience. I have been trying to cancel for over 15 months and they will not accept that I have given them notice - they just keep sending demands for money. The latest nonsense e-mail from them claims that the cancelation acknowledgement note they sent me last year was actually a phishing scam!
    I moved my email away to gmail and am delighted with them...