Having problems with GMX Mail?

1&1 Internet SE, Elgendorfer Str. 57
Montabaur
Germany - 56410

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with GMX Mail.

Complaints & Reviews

GMX Mailemail service sucks

Typical German company. They operate here like in Germany. Block accounts for no reason. Called customer service and the guy in India pretended not to be a GMX customer service. Called again and asked if this is GMX.com customer service, he said yes and hung up. Recently they put most of my emails into the spam folder and deleted all two days later. My setting was 30 days. I lost many important emails and time.

GMX emailunable to access my gmx account

Hi,

I'm unable to access my gmx email account [protected]@gmx.com which I've used for years and not had a problem with it before.

It says there has been irregular activity and asks me to fill in a contact form. When I do this and hit the 'send' button, it doesn't work but does nothing.

Please can you look into this asap as I use this address for all my main emails.

Kind regards,
    Mr Aidan Johnson in UK. 44 (0)[protected]. Alternate email: [protected]@gmail.com

GMX / 1&1 Mail & Media Inc.email provider

Since 35 days gmx makes me change my password every day.
      Every day they send me an email telling me that there is 'unusual activity' on my account, so I have been blocked.
      In that same mail they tell me to change my password.
      It is the only way to get into my account again.
      They do not read my emails to customer support when I ask help to solve this problem.
      I only get useless standard electronic responses.
      They have no telephone number for customer support.
      Gmx is the company that advertises itself withe this:
      "customer email support is our priority
      Our team is committed to helping you with any question or issue regarding your gmx email account. Email troubleshooting is our daily task - whenever you encounter any problem, contact us immediately. Our priority is to make gmx email accounts the best option for you. Our professional staff will provide you with any help you need."
      Clearly they don't mean it.

GMX / 1&1 Mail & Media Inc.gmx.com mail

GMX.com is the worst email provider I have had the experience with in 20 years of using online email. They just blatantly deleted my account after 2 weeks while I only had sendt 2-3 test emails to verify it working. After 5 emails complaining about this to even their press office they still refuses to even tell me why it has been deleted... GMX.com can not be trusted at all, stay away from this company at all cost !

I expected so much more from a company based in Germany and I will send complaint about them to the official German government agencies that has to do with user rights as. A Important company running infra structure can not be run this way and they need to be shut down or get their act together...

This happned after just 2 weeks of making an account with them for use with nicehash.com crypto mining for use as transaction verification, they simply deleted my account without warning or anything. At that time I had only used it 2 or 3 times sending and reciving emails to myself to verify that it would indeed function properly.

I did this before I gave it that important task of functioning as my transaction email that require 100% uptime as if it goes down I loose a lot of money as it is impossible to change the email and all the money will be lost forever.

When I descovered that I could not log on anymore I tried to send a email to myself and then saw that the email account had indeed been deleted, the worst thing that could happen had happened...

I sent immediately (2 weeks ago) email using another account I made at GMX.com asking why it had been deleted and explained them that I needed to get it back up running or I would loose money. Only reply I get is that security department have blocked the email and they refuse to tell why. That same message I get every time I complain that security has reviewed it and they refuse to tell why they have shut it down and why they will not re open it.

I have asked to get a phone number or email so I can speak with the security department directly but I only get the same answer that security have blocked the email after reviewing and will not tell me why...

I can only conclude by the basis of this that GMX.com is not a email provider that is safe to use as they block accounts on a whim and refuses to even tell why. I will now have to go to court and demand from official German court to make them re open the account and also reveal why they closed it in the first place... I will never ever use GMX.com anymore myself and I am loosing a lot of money because of this company...

GMX Account

I used GMX email service for some private business purposes and it was really important to me. One day I wanted to check my mail and when I tried to log into my account I was not able to do that. It said that my password was incorrect. I tried their "forgot password" option and nothing. I was supposed to answer the security question and I knew the answer, but it said that my answer was also incorrect.
          Then I tried to contact their customer service and get some help, but they never replied!! No matter how many times I emailed they never bothered to answer. I need to access my account, it's really important!

GMX — Email services

I am continually spammed by emails from this site gmx.com. An example is below: = Dear admin, A new...

gmx.co.ukLost my money with them

I recently signed up for free email address on the website www.gmx.co.uk. It was mentioned that the website was for free, but they charged my card, and I didn’t find their contact information, because they didn’t provide it on the website. Maybe someone has any idea how to track the owners of this website and return money back, please contact me then or leave a comment. Thanks.

GMX — AWARD SMS

GOT A SMS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT FROM GMX "CONGRATULATIONS YOUR WON A 9.8 M USD FOR WORLD BANK AWARD TO...

GMX Receipt of scam text message

I received a text message at 6.37am stating "Congratulations your mobile has won US$9.8M for World Bank Award. To claim contact Mrs Ann Doyle Via [protected]@gala.net. Obviously this is a scam, as who the hell would text that information to someone if it was true!!! In Australia we are pretty laid back, however not that much. People be warned. Someone has to stop these people for wasting others time on crap like this.

• Hm
                  hm hm Feb 02, 2011

i received same message on my mbl this morning.. i wonder how they get access to our numbers when my number is a slient number as well.

• Hm
                  hm hm Feb 02, 2011

I recieved same message this morning.. I am glad I checked this website and it looks like it is going around for a while...

• Le
                  leah123 Feb 05, 2011

i too recieved the same message thismorning twice within minutes...how stupid do they think we are!!

• De
                  Deborah1962 Mar 14, 2011

Hey funny thing I received one 13/03/11 at 13 minutes past One this morning it says Congratulations your mobile has won US $7.8M for commonwealth games award.
                  To claim contact Mrs. Rachael Martins via [email protected]
                  Who is Rachael Martins?

• De
                  Deborah1962 Mar 14, 2011

I beleive that this type of scamming has become part of our lives, and we who have electronic gadgets which are used for communication via phone line or Internet leaves an open line for
                  evil little people to use it for scamming. We all have to be smarter, which I beleive isn't difficult. Why? Because those type of people very rarely have "Common Nous". Notice we are all
                  getting the idea now what to look for in an electronic scam. Just be vigilant and keep reporting because reporting helps other people realise that they are not alone. Sometimes
                  seeing that someone else received the same message helps us to realise it isn't true and to deal with it properly.

• Wi
                  wiremu jim hart Mar 15, 2011

same happened2me, rip off artists like these need tracking down, they are probly hackers n crackers. wiremu

Gmx.comGMX will not let me cancel my email account with them

Captive account - GMX will not let me cancel my email account with them. Deletion place on their website is non-operative.

GMX — MONEY

I recieved an SMS this morning 18/11/10 at 6.40 am from GMX stating"Congratulations your mobile have won...

Gold Coast

GMX scam

I received the same text today "Congratulations your mobile have won US$5.8M for FIFA 2014 Int'l Award. To claim contact Mrs.J.Mcafee via [protected]@yahoo.com.hk". I live in New Zealand also.
                  It seemed like a scam - read; 'poor English'. I wonder who Mrs.J.Mcafee is???? Ha ha ha. I wonder if she knows the McAfee Security people??!!
                  I see one of the things that McAfee Security Centre sell is an "Identity Protection" - hmmm maybe it would be a good idea to have such a thing!?!?! Mind you, these clowns send us this fictitious junk on our cell phones.
                  As we say in NZ - If it seems too good to be true...it usually is!!!
                  Hopefully no-one will get sucked in and send these people anything.
                  I hope yahoo.com can do something about them!
                  Thanks for everyone's post - appreciated!

• Sm
                      smile lady Jul 26, 2010

Well, its seem alot of people receiving this txt from gmx. I received the same txt today saying my mobil have won US$5.8M for FIFA 2014 Int'L Award. To claim contact Mrs.J.Mcafee via:[email protected] wonder who's Mrs.J.Mcafee n I wonder who's behind all this nonsense... Yes if it's real I want my money but if this one a scam please don't fooled arond the people or else I'll take forward this txt to the fair go tv show to short out this nonsense...I want an answer as soon as possible from Mrs.J.Mcafee cause that email send to me to claim the prize doesn't get thru so whoever do this stupid thing better stop it now before any harms will occuring.I do hope that the yahoo.com will check this out or else their website no longer tustworthy to be used by the audition.
                      Thanks.

• Lo
                      longtooth Jul 26, 2010

United Kingdom Investigation Bureau
                      on [email protected]

Can you trust this address also, as they want the full info for your status and address, phone number, how to receive the money. I would be very weary and hit the delete button quickly.
                      As it has gone to many people this is a scam, just like you get on the net, e-mails and so on. Just how many people can win that much money.
                      Toss them out. NZ

• Si
                      sickofbeingscammed2011 Mar 15, 2011

I am also from NZ and received the text this morning. read over the text and thought "what a load" and then decided to research it to see whether anyone else has received a similar txt as well. So far people all over the world have posted about this text. I'm more concerned about how they have got my number and do they have any other details as well. So far i have discovered there has been various contact names associated with various amounts of money they are offering. for example my text said: "Congratulations your mobile have won US9.8M for World Bank Award. To claim contact Mrs. Hahn Doyle via: [email protected]"I would like to know what they want and how do they go about getting it. How do we stop these scams and stop us from feeling violated of our privacy?

GMX FIFA 2014 Intl Award

Has appeared on my mobile:
                    Congratulations your mobile have won US$5.8M for FIFA 2010 Int'l Award. To claim contact Ms Mcafee via: [protected]@yahoo.com.hk

Seems that many others have received the same message.

Assumed that this is a scam.

• Ha
                        Hate fraud Jul 25, 2010

I'm Leaving in NZ but I'm not a citizen here. I just come and study. I still got this message!
                        I just have got this message too on Monday 26th July 2010.

Sender GMX: Congratulations your mobile have won US$5.8M for FIFA 2014 Int'l Award. To claim contact Mrs.J. Mcafee via: [email protected]

I agree, It's a scam message!
                        I was never sign for lucky draw or anything for lucky future.
                        I think, someone must slove these fraud company.

• Rh
                        rhey Jul 26, 2010

I'm also leaving here in NZ and i also recieved your massage in same date, and i realy thanks this opportunity if is true, , , can you plz give me some guidance to claim, , , thank"s

• Di
                        Dislike18 Jul 30, 2010

Message from GMX: Congradulations your mobile have won US5.8M for FIFA 2014 Int'l Award to claim contact Mrs.J.Mcafee via:judym12014 @yahoo.com.hk

Don't you think its time whoever is doing this to grow up and get a proper day job

• Ca
                        Catnz Aug 01, 2010

Received same scam via my mobile phone,

Congratulations your mobile have won US$5.8m for FIFA 2014 Int'l Award. To claim contact Mrs . J. Mcafree
                        [email protected]

Scammer!!! They seems to have a lot of time on their hands, need to get a life these parasites.

• Co
                        Cornchips Aug 02, 2010

August 3 2010
                        Christchurch NZ
                        Via Mobile

Congratulations your mobile have won US5.8M for FIFA 2014 Int?I Award. To claim contact Mrs.J.Clarke via: clarkejudith60yahoo.com.uk

Please go back to school Mrs Clarke and learn grammar. Also please give me an email address containing an '@' so that if I was truly stupid enough to email you I'd be able to do so

• Em
                        EMANUEL MENDES TAVARES Aug 06, 2010

I am from Cabo verde
                        my mobile phone is [protected]

Received same scam via my mobile phone,

[email protected]

• Pa
                        paulini biu tuwai Aug 10, 2010

ok hi i am from fiji and i also received the same message...

• Pa
                        paulini biu tuwai Aug 10, 2010

hi the same message also appeared on my fone last week...

GMX — fifa award

congragulation your mobile have won us $5.8 m for fifa 2010 international award.to claim contact mrs.j.mcafee...

GMX — SMS

RECIEVED A TEXT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT SAYING "CONGRATULATIONS YOUR MOBILE HAVE WON US$5.8M FOR FIFA 2010...

GMX — money scam using US Postal Service

I receive multiples scams by e-mail telling me I've won the Lottery or a distinct relative has died and...