M & T Banklost payment checks

M&T Bank has consistantly lost my on-line-bill -pay check. They called me a liar that every paid. I had to prove that I actually paid that way by getting a confirmation number. Then they blamed on the postal service, only my husband works for the postal servince. It only takes 3 days to reach Maryland. I am the who keeps getting charged the late fee, only I didn't send out late. Where is it sitting for 3 weeks.

Can anyon help me keep from getting ripped off. They even have lost my credit card payment. I have had to send that certified, just to have a courier sign one signature for all the payments, and I couldn't prove who picked up. I was able to prove when It reached Maryland and how long it took the courier to pick it up, not whose desk it sat on before it was processed.

Audrey Matesic

• Ol
    OLDER & DUMBER Jan 04, 2011

Since the check was said to be "same as cash" the bank should have had no holds placed on the transaction.

• Ol
    OLDER & DUMBER Jan 10, 2010

On 12/30/2009 I deposited a check for $10000 into my checking account. The check was from my Charles Schwab account and was written to me by Charles Schwab. Today I looked at my account and M&T had put a two day hold on the check. The checks I wrote for the end of the year bills caused M&T to draw $2500 from my overdraft protection.
    They never notified me and because I had their $2500 for seven days I had to pay $12.30 for the privilege.