Lumber Liquidatorsthey are thieves and fraudulent, don't buy from them

A

I purchased flooring from Lumber Liquidators on 4/21/11. I waited a couple of days to put it down. As I was putting it down over half the product was no good and the floor was falling apart. They would only exchange the wood still in boxes so I returned over half the flooring. I purchased a different floor that I was told would have a lot of defective pieces, but that since I needed 420 sqft and I was purchasing 485 sqft I would have enough to make it work. When I got home and organized the wood, each package was missing pieces so I was only given about 380 sqft and about 30 sqft of it was a different product that they had put the correct flooring on each side so it looked correct. So I only received about 350 sqft of what I ordered and paid for 485 sqft. Of the 350, only about 100-150 sqft was usable. The company refuses to honor the product or give me my money back. They are thieves and fraudulent. Don't buy from them!

• Ka
    Kay Spencer Jun 17, 2013

My complaint is with an employee at the sotre in Johnson City NY # 1246. 1st time in the store no problems very helpful. Than I became receiving phone calls about sales that was up comimg. (about the product I was interested in) Again really no problem but finally received a call about BIG sale going on for a short time I would need to come up (1:45 min drive) by the end of the weekend to get my product at a reduce rate. Once at the store the product we wanted was not even on sale at all. So we did pick out our flooring ( Morning Star Bamboo) nail down. I had been told the 1st time at the store the product I thought I wanted click and lock floating floor would need a padding ok no problem. Once we choose the nail down was 1st told we did not need the padding but once we had decided on the color all of a sudden oh no we did need padding. So I drive back up a week later and pick up flooring and padding. Than we hired a person to install our flooring (who by the way installs for LL and does it a little cheaper when you go thru him in person and not the store). Once at our home his 1st question was why did we buy the padding when we had a solid subfloor. Told him they said even with our subfloor we needed the padding. He said no way did we need it. We took the padding back yesterday. Once in the store never were we asked if everything was ok with out floors or we like them. I ask the saleperson why I was sold the padding and he said because you needed it. Told him what we were told by the installer and all we got was well you can have or not have it. Like having a sole on your shoe or not. Not friendly in any way. You can bet I came home and called 4 friends who seen our floor and love it about how we were treated. So that is 5 customers I know you have loss. So guys y'all need more training on customer service or you will find word of mouth is your worst friend.

• Ri
    Riverton Illinois Dec 19, 2012

I have to comment: LL this is not true... I was mislead by the sales staff. The disclaimer that was brought to my attention, was a small letter sentence in a 10 page document that was shoved in front of me to sign. Since no one is willing to help with the situation I believe what the person is saying. I will until the the I die not recommend Lumber Liquidators to anyone and I will write complains and show everyone the horrible flooring I was sold after asking for the best they had.

• LL Response to the Haywoods complaint:

The purchase involves a liquidation item clearly marked as such with a disclaimer that states: "The item has been discounted becuase it did not pass our product inspection. It may have defects including, but not limited to, splits, misgrading, unfinished areas, rough finish and so on- THIS PRODUCT IS SOLD AS IS with No returns, cancellations, or warranties" The claims made here by the consumer are a matter of hear-say and LL only addresses facts when investigating such claims. The FACT here is that LL fully disclosed the material before purchase and the best advice we can give is to purchase a product with a warranty if quality is of concern, otherwise buying a close out liquidated item as they did, we retain a signed copy of their acceptance of the material SOLD AS IS, on file and they had every right to choose somethign else, but purchased this for the low price. If you want quality, don't shop for liquidated items as we have tons of brand new in the box items will warranties up to 100 years for instance when buying Bellawood. Sorry you remain unhappy, but our position here remains unchanged as we addressed this with you many months ago.