Having problems with LTD Commodities?

LTD Commodities reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 11, 2007. The latest review Slim white storage tower was posted on Jan 8, 2021. The latest complaint payer 6314662617 was resolved on Nov 19, 2018. LTD Commodities has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 49 reviews. LTD Commodities has resolved 29 complaints.

LTD Commodities Customer Service Contacts

2800 Lakeside Dr.
Bannockburn, Illinois
United States - 60015-1246

LTD Commodities Complaints & Reviews

LTD Commoditiescomplaint about the people who write this complaints

This complaint is actually about the people who write these complaints. Whenever you purchase merchandise from anywhere you should as an adult, inform yourself of the policies of a company. If they request prepayment of your order, thats only logical that they don't hold the merchandise till they receive payment. I have ad good experiences with LTD. Shipping i know is based on weight as well as destination and I have made myself informed of what LTD policies are. They have multiple warehouses that they ship from. while some company's quote shipping and handling they don't. If you want the merchandise then you have to deal with that. As for merchandise that is out of stock, that can happen anywhere...

• De
      debbie ingham Oct 09, 2009

DearMelissa, Account specialist; I cannot see the shipping chart making a difference. There are still bad business practices going on.
      Supervisors do not return phone calls. You still take it upon yourselves to send whatever you want, and place of what was requested,
      and the billing dept., well that also leaves alot to be desired. I would rather be one less person that has to deal with your practices, then
      to ever go through your lies and bad business dealing again. It caused a strong dislike for the company.

Hi Stan!

I was following up on your previous blog comment on LTD's shipping policies.

At LTD Commodities, we really take customer feedback seriously. We heard your requests and I am really excited to let you know we made significant improvements to our shipping policies by creating a shipping rate chart! Now you can know your total shipping costs up front, and whether we ship your order in one box or several, you’ll never pay more than what our chart indicates.

If you want to learn more about these great changes please visit us at www.ltdcommodities.com
      or let me know how I can answer any questions by emailing me at [email protected]

LTD Commodities

• Ba
      baker512 Dec 12, 2008

Your complaint is ridiculous. The do not return emails nor do they answer questions through the customer service line. I have had no help on an order placed and paid for a month ago...Majority rules...LTD is pathetic.

ABC Distributingfalse advertising

Bought a "mirrored" wall sconce from ABC Distributing about a month ago. I was amazed they could not give me a shipping amount. I was going to cancel the order but could not find any way of doing it on their website. However, I paid by PayPal and it looked like the process did not go through. So, I figured they would just not send it to me. Case closed.

Well, I received my item today, September 24, 2008. I opened it and was confused because where the mirrors should be there are what looks like pieces of cheap brushed metal, most of which are scratched up. I searched the entire package looking for the mirrors thinking they must have packed them separately. Nope. What a cheap piece of junk. I'm debating on whether or not to return this crap. It might cost me more to send it back than what I paid. And who knows if I will actually get credit. Buyer beware of ABC Distributing.

Hi Anita New!

I was following up on your previous blog comment on abc’s shipping policies.

At abc distributing, we really take customer feedback seriously. We heard your requests and I am really excited to let you know we made significant improvements to our shipping policies by creating a shipping rate chart! Now you can know your total shipping costs up front, and whether we ship your order in one box or several, you’ll never pay more than what our chart indicates.

If you want to learn more about these great changes please visit us at www.abcdistributing.com

abc distributing

LTD Commoditiesovercharged

I wanted to do Christmas shopping since this catalog had such great things and low prices... but some of the things aren't worth the low price. The biggest thing is they ship your order in many different shipments so you end up paying many different shipping costs.

I'm disabled and can't get out much so on-line shopping is great for me, but I'll look elsewhere from now on. I can't afford to pay for shipping more than once and I ended up paying 4 times on just 7 items.

If they would give you the option of waiting until all the items are in stalk before shipping the order it would be much cheaper.

Hi Drogan!

I was following up on your previous blog comment on LTD's shipping policies.

LTD Commodities

LTD Commodities — not worth it

For the first time ever I decided to purchase early Christmas gifts from a catalog. I chose LTD Commoditie...

LTD Commoditiesit's always on backorder

I ordered one product from LTD on the first day of July, it is now the 3 of September and my item is still on backorder!!! I ordered the item for my fathers birthday and now I’m just hoping that I have the *** thing by Christmas!!! This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen!! I really don’t see myself ordering from them again! They just really don’t seem to care if a consumer is satisfied or not! The item I ordered can not be that popular!!! This is the first and last time that ever order from them!!!

• Kr
            Kris Oct 31, 2008

I have been ordering from LTD since 1982. My first order was Kitt, the car from the original Knight Rider.
            I also wish they would let you know the shipping ahead of time but that has never stopped me from ordering. Over the years I have had a few back orders but considering the many years I have been doing business with them it hasn't been many. 90% of the time we have all been satisfied with our orders.

• Lo
            lorri Sep 03, 2008

dont use slomins they are scammers

LTD Commodities — shipping charges are a joke

After reading everyone’s reviews, I concur completely. Here's an example of the scam they are...

ABC Distributingrip off artists

I have been dealing with abc distributing for years. Their company rips people off. I can tell you at least half a dozen stories of people who were ripped off by them but here is my story. My roommate told me about abc. We decided to place a large order for some t-shirts and resell them online and in our weekend vendor store. We placed an order of 100 dollars worth of biker, sports and men’s t-shirts. They were all under 9 bucks each and some shirts were 3 dollars each on clearance. What a great deal because we were going to resell them for about 10 bucks each. We placed the order and I started to receive the items, only ABC decided to ship one to two shirts at a time! It took them 4 months to ship all the shirts!! Each with a shipping charge of at least 8 dollars or more. When all was said and done the shipping charges on all the items were over 200 dollars!! My co-owner and I decided to pay the invoice for the shirts but only to pay shipping charges on ONE shipment, because the items could have easily been shipped in one big box. I contacted their consumer number, a toll call. I was on hold for 30 mins before someone picked up, hardly spoke English and told me that a mgr, would have to call me back. I started to receive demands for payment and they blew up my phone with their pre-recorded messages demanding payment. Never did I receive a call about the shipping charges. Finally, I called again, the lady I spoke to said they have no control over shipments and they ship things as they see fit. Well, I refused to send the payment for the excess shipping. They continued to call and demand payment. Now, this is where it gets crazy, about 5 months after all of this was said and done, we started to get more orders from them for the same items we ordered before! We did NOT place another order, but they started sending the same t-shirts, same order again and again. I called the company but they left me with an answering machine. I left many many messages and no one called us back. Three WEEKS later, we started to receive MORE shirts, the same order kept being sent to us like a Groundhog Day movie!

I tried again to call these idiots and let them know and they never called back. So after all this time we received THREE of the same orders back to back. I want to return these items but I will be damned if I pay to ship them back. It is their mistake. To this day the items sit waiting for someone to call me back and tell me what to do with all this crap they sent again and again. The only calls I receive are from their collections dept who claim they have no idea about the extra orders or shipping charges. Do NOT order from this company, they are not only rip off artist but they are crazy!

Hi Warlock!

I was following up on your previous blog comment on abc’s shipping policies.

abc distributing

ABC Distributing — scam charges!

In May of 2007 I placed an order with ABC DISTRIBUTING and payed the full amount. After about a month after...

Bannockburn

LTD Commodities — do not shop at ltd commodities

I placed my order on August 31st. I quickly learned that LTD Commodities does not give you a complete total...