Lowes — scam and cheating

I ordered hardwood pellets for my stove. I paid for them on a Friday. No problem 37 tons in stock. Monday the delivery shows up with the cheaper softwood pellets. I told the driver that I ordered hardwood pellets. He called the store then told me that they sold out of the hardwood pellets. I told him take them back. I called corporate and was told the store manager would get back to me. I got a call saying there was a mistake. The hardwood pellets were in the warehouse. I gave them a hour to get the right pellets to me. They did. I let them know I wasn't happy about this. All I get is "it was a mistake and they corrected it. I'm sure if the pellets were delivered to someone who didn't check, they would have received a cheaper product and possibly not known the difference. I can see the wrong pellets being loaded. But to be told that they were all sold out after I discovered it, doesn't fly. Especially when they did have what I ordered at the store.

• Valerie Sep 18, 2008

I ordered an exterior door with 'professional' installation. They ordered the wrong door, the installer (Ron Grub) arrived late, unprepared, and left early with job unfinished for first install appt. Was a no-show no-call for the second appt. Forgot parts on the third install appt, and was late for the fourth (and I hope final) install appt. I've called Lowes for assistance in getting the install completed and they've been of little help. Since I had to pay up front for the whole thing I guess there was no incentive. I will never do business with the Terre Haute Lowes again. If you find that you have to and they refer you to Ron Grub as a 'professional' installer, get a prescription for valium because you'll need it.

Martha Arestegui Nov 11, 2008

I went to Lowes in Miami Lakes, that store is very clean and organize we went with my husband to do first installation and they called some one Evelin Olivera and she hardly speaks english and also she has a very bad actitud, seems like she had more important things to do than help and talk to the customers.

We had a couple of questions for her she did not know and she was bad informed later on her supervisor took over and did a good job with us and the questions we have were answer.

When we were ready to pay we went to customer service and a lady Vanesa asked if was some thing wrong, we just told her how bad we feld about this lady and the experience with her, she said no matter what we wil do she always will be fine since the managmet team will protect her, we never paid the installation agreedment and walk out of the store and we went to the competition.

This lady in customer service said that they are many cases in the store like this with other employees but the friendship inside the store goes beyong that and bad employees get away with murder, because of the things that going on such a personal friendship between employees and the people incharge, thats why they don't feel confident on say the complaint to no one else and tried to talk to the customer out of any complaint, my personal opinion, Lowes need to change employees and managers around so no one will do such a friendship where the customer is the one who waks away for ever and very unhappy or they need to be out the job for good and get better people, profesional and caring.

• Ro
    Rossjerry Apr 25, 2019

Lowes is running a rebate scam. After years of shopping at lowes I will never enter their store again. Their company is untrust worthy.

• Ro
    Rossjerry Apr 25, 2019

After years of shopping at lowes I have made my last purchase from lowes. Your rebate program is a scam and your refusal to honor 35 dollars you have lost all future purchases.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices