Love Technologies, Inc / Ftft / American Cash Awardsfraud / refund issue

Primary Complaints:
- Salesperson lied about their identity to achieve the sale
- No one responds until the 3 day refund window is up
- They threaten you with collections once the 3 days is up

Real Company Info:
Love Technologies, Inc
17301 West Colfax Ave., Golden, CO 80401, United States
[protected]

On November 26th 2008 a young lady came to my door saying she was a relative of my neighbor and selling magazines. I wanted to help out my neighbors relative so I bought a magazine with a check. When I told my neighbor about my deed, she informed me that she didn't know the girl at all. My neighbor had simply given her my name and said I might buy magazines.

I promptly stopped payment on the check and sent an email to the company letting them know what happened. I also used the online form to inform them of the fraud and to tell them to cancel the order.

Today, 5 business days later, I received an email from the a Kristen Hanson ([protected]@americancashawards.com) from American Cash Awards stating that they will take me to collections. She also informed me that I only had 3 days including Saturday to mail my receipt and that it would take 120 days more me to get the refund if I had sent it in that window.

• De
    Deb P Jan 14, 2009

My 83-year-old mother had the exact same thing happen as the previous writer -- she was preyed upon by these leeches. "Kristin" came to the door last August (2008)and pretended to know the people downstairs, asking my mother to buy a magazine for them. My mother was surprised and initimidated, and agreed to buy a magazine she didn't want or need. Not only was the magazine a whopping $52, but they added on $5 for postage!

After "Kristin" left, within the hour, my mother came to her senses and mailed off a cancellation letter to the company.

About two months ago, I wrote them an e-mail and left a phone message. To my surprise, I received a message on my phone from another single-name employee, saying that the refund was in process and that she "didn't know" why it was taking so long, and that she would expedite it. (She left me no extension or other way to contact her again. Surprise!)

Needless to say, as of this writing, over five months later, my mother has yet to receive a refund OR a million-dollar magazine. The company's mailbox is perpetually full because they're "on the other line helping satisfied customers."

WHAT A SCAM!!! BEWARE! And if anyone else knows who I can complain to, I'd love to hear from you.

• Bo
    Bobsi Sep 25, 2009

It is sept. 25, 2009 and back on june 20th I bought one mag. subscription for a total of 63 dollars. I was going to do more. I was scetchy at first, but did it anyways. Needless to say if i knew it was a scam i would not have done it. But I have yet to recieve any sort of magazine and I know they will not refund my money. What a pathetic way of getting yourself some money. Go find a real job!!!

• He
    Heather1626 Feb 19, 2010

SCAM... I never got my magazines and called 6 mo. later and they told me they are going under so they can't refund me the money.

• Ba
    bargain queen Apr 28, 2010

That is just wrong! If you really want magazine subscriptions, go to ebay and search for "magazine gift certificates". There are many great sellers with excellent reputations who can get you any title you're looking for! Much safer & MUCH cheaper than unauthorized door-2-door salespeople!

marial May 11, 2010

Most of the comments are untrue. First off the company is not going under so whoever you called gave you the wrong information. If you followed the correct cancelation procedure before the three day mark you would have recieved your refund minus the shipping and handling charges. Most of you that have complained did not even allow the allotted time for your subscription to show up which is 90 days. Most of you have read what complaints on the internet and decide to cancle after the 3 days. Sometimes the zip code or address gets messed up so we encourage you to save your reciepts in case this occurs. Our company does not condone our reps to be dishonest and when we find out that it is happening we try to rectify the situation. Door to door sales is what brought our country out of depression.

• Mi
    Mike.S Oct 01, 2010

Dang just did the same thing, some young girl saying she was 18 came to door and said she was in a contest for a scholarship and there were young people blanketing the neighborhood. They now call themselves Love Technologies but same address PO box 1060 in Kittredge CO. Scam is a little different. They claim to send magazine subscription to American Military Personal. Same outrages price. After she was gone I looked up company and found a whole lot of complaints. I just stopped payment on my chech and that will cost me 30 bucks. I hope they call me so I can give them a big piece of my mind.

display__name Apr 04, 2011

chris love hat be his name.

that**

display__name Apr 04, 2011

there are tons of magazine crews...love tech is just one of them...they would do better but chris love is a [censor] and treats his employees like garbage

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices