Loan Care Servicingloan modification

Started mortgage modification 6/09. Send multiples requests for updated P & L information. Nothing happened until february 2010, on 8/29/10 -- Loan Care said they had us approved for trial modification and that I didn't need to make payment until 10/10. At the end of August 2010, I was only two months behind on mortgage. I waited for documentation, there was a delay, my negotiator's wife had cancer. totally understandable. They needed a couple more bank statements. No problem. My trial modification letter was dated September 30, 2010, and WHOOPEE!!! I didn't have to start the first payment until 11/1/10, which I did. I also made the 12/10 and 1/11 payments right on time. Eagerly called Loan Care asking what next step would be (I found out that LoanCare had started Foreclosure proceedings on 10/5/10 and that an attorney had my file). To add insult to injury, my loan has now been sold to Cenlar -- do not believe we will get a modification. DON'T TRUST ANYBODY WHO TELLS YOU "YOU DON'T HAVE TO MAKE A PAYMENT UNTIL..." Everytime I call Cenlar, I get a different person with a different story. AND i BASICALLY HAVE TO START OVER WITH MODIFICATION. Loan Care doesn't have my file anymore. I now have pneumonia and colitis from the grieve they have wrought!! DON'T TRUST THEM!!!

• Df
    DfJack Feb 21, 2012

My home was totally destroyed by fire. After getting my composure, I called my insurance company. A rep was at the site within an hour of the call, with an immediate hardship check in hand. In route to us he received information that my premium had not been paid. Loan Care was billed in August for premium and the fire was the following January. I had no insurance for four months and Loan Care hadn't even noted it. They set up a replacement policy costing 3x my original premium after 2weeks of phone calls and this policy didn't not have the coverage of my original policy. I have been displaced since January and loan care's policy has no displacement benefits. Where as mind did.