Live Nationterrible service / unsafe venue

This is a copy of my unanswered complaint letter:

The security portion of the event staff was terrible. I go to several concerts per year and I have never seen a worse security staff. They cause more problems than they prevent by instigating members of the crowd. I don't drink and I am probably the most easy going person that will ever attend one of your shows, but I was still met with harsh words and posturing from a member of the "security team". I watched this same team member antagonize another individual to the point of a physical confrontation where the fan was grabbed and removed from the venue. After the fan was removed, the security guard joked about it and smiled. He then tried to antagonize the friends of the ejected fan. His shirt number was #164. I drove three hours for this concert and I would gladly drive another three hours to discuss this matter with him and his employer. I would imagine you have a record of him somewhere since he was wering a shirt with the "Live Nation" logo on the back as a representative of your company. As far as the venue goes, there was bird droppings on almost every seat in the house. It hadn't just happened, because a cleaning staff was trying to clean the seats 30 minutes befor the show was suppose to start and were struggling to get the job done because the droppings were basically baked into the seats. Traffic flow into the venue was well marked, but the staff were more interested in socializing than directing traffic. Leaving the venue was a different story. There was NO staff to direct traffic and it took an hour and fifteen minutes to leave the parking lot. I spoke with a Genesee County Deputy Sheriff who blamed the delay on "poor planning on the part of Darien Lake". Perhaps the biggest disappointment was the fact that after buying three digit tickets for this show, one of the acts, Cheap Trick, did not show. There was no announcement made and we only found out after the news had spread by word of mouth through the venue. We had wondered what the delay was because the show was suppose to begin at 7:00PM as printed on our tickets, but instead we sat for an hour with no idea what was going on. Leaving work early and driving three hours to wait and wonder for an hour is not acceptable. Adding insult to injury, I bought a Cheap Trick concert T-shirt for my girlfriend for $45 dollars as we entered, only to find out that they were the only act that was not going to perform and that the shirts were now being sold for $25 dollars. Of course the vending stand would not refund the additional $20 dollars to me when asked.
I am currently employed as a retail business development and customer relations manager as well as being a former police officer and I don't write these kinds of letters on a whim. I feel I have great insight from both a business and security perspective. I would certainly hope that the issues I've presented to you are addressed in some manner. My greatest wish is that the worst concert experience of my life wouldn't have occured as part of a birthday present to someone so special to me.
I do intend to follow up with the park itself in regards to the member of the security staff. This man has no business working in that capacity.
Thank you for your time. Sincerely,

• Ve
    Very rude staff Jul 25, 2016

The gate people were very rude, they opened another gate, as we were close to the entrance, the lady said we are not accepting warehouse tickets. So we had to go to end of a different line and wait longer to get in. Very disorganized, never will go back again!

Martyn Roy Jun 30, 2016

Sorry Last Comment was not about Vegas International Holdings

IT WAS ABOUT LIVE NATION TICKET SALES

• Ne
    Nelda Tijerina Nov 29, 2011

I paid double the amount on the ticket plus 17.00 handling fees and 15.00 for delivery. And not to mention that the concert for Demi Lovato was awful. The music drowned out her voice and something that should have been a memorable time turned into just another night.

• Lr
    lro1029 Sep 12, 2009

I was wondering if your letter to Live Nation got you anywhere? I had a similar situation happen to my friends/family that I was with last night at the Rascal Flatts concert in Camden, NJ. The security guards are all on a MAJOR power trip and take it out on anyone they feel like. One MALE security guard swung at my best friend (who is a girl) and another "HEAD OF SECURITY" proceeded to choke my sister on her way out, because my sister asked for his business card. This company is unprofessional and SERIOUSLY needs to take a better look at who they hire. This WILL be taken further...

• Co
    courtneymcbride Aug 11, 2009

No Refunds for the no show Cheap Trick...livenation sucks. Total lack of traffic direction at the EXIT of the show. Cars and trucks going right fron the left lane and left from the right lane could have caused a serious accident.

Lots of goon squad security to be had.

Madashell5 Aug 08, 2009

Somethin very similar happened to me last night. My boyfriend was punched in the face for NO reason. Event staff was no where to be found and when they saw my boyfriends black and blue eye, they asked us to identify the man who did it. After 5 other witnesses also identified him, and the guys hands were examined, it was clear he DID it. instead event staff admitted, the man had two many intimidating friends and they could not throw him out. They then proceeded to tell me I would be thrown out if I did not calm down. I did absolutely nohing wrong but try to seek justice and safety for myself and my boyfriend and instead I was threatened to be removed. Mind you, not a single police officer showed up even after they were "radioed" Livenation will be hearing from my boyfriend's lawyer this week because this is ridiculous. Dont host a hip-hop concert if your event staff are too scared to kick people out. When someone gets killed at a concert like this due to the lack of security, then Livenation will know whats up.

• Kr
    Krissyd Aug 03, 2009

Live Nation is terrible! Not only did I wind up paying $45.50 in miscellaneous fees for two tickets, but Live Nation refused to provide me with a refund after the artist I paid to see canceled his appearance on the tour. Live Nation said they do not provide refunds for “opening acts”. The only way to get a refund is if the headliner cancels. I only bought the tickets so that I could see his performance. I even asked if I could receive a credit for future tickets and that offer was denied. I will never use Live Nation again. Beware before purchasing tickets through this company.