Menu
Lingo Telecommunications
reviews & complaints

Lingo Telecommunications
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

25 complaints
13 resolved 12 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Lingo Telecommunications. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
D
3:08 pm

Lingo Telecommunications - No customer service

Our only company phone line has been down for 4 days, in that time although it was offered, our service has not been forwarded to a temporary number and we are stuck waiting for another 9 days in order to have a technician come to our property and repair our service. This is especially upsetting because just 2 short months ago we noticed our phone line down and then discovered it was because one of their representatives "accidentally" shut down our account. The line was never forwarded during that outage and we lost thousands in revenue while waiting 5 days for them to reconnect our service. And, that was after having to go through "sales" to recover our account. All of their "care/support" techs are useless, if they even speak good English, they offer nothing other than "escalating" my forwarding order. It is obvious this company does not care about its' customers at all

Desired outcome: Forward my downed phone line to the temporary number, repair my service, credit my account

L
4:14 pm

Lingo Telecommunications - EMERGENCY 911 POOL PHONE no longer working in N Richland Hills TX

My company, WATERFORD ON THE GREEN, has 1 phone at the back pool to be used to contact 911 in emergencies. Last Friday, May 13 I created a trouble ticket. After 1 week and no communication from Lingo, I called back. Talked to the boiler room set up in India and they tell me ..."Maam, we are sorry, but we are unable to login into the platform to connect to Texas lines". WHAT?!?!? Then today, I call back and I'm told they are "unable to give me any information or any estimated time of repair", the woman took my number and told me she will have a supervisor call me back. I was lucky enough to get an AT&T technician out to look at the phone same day...he tells me everything on his end is working correctly. It's as if the phone number has been disconnected. That would be the phone provider, which is the lovely LINGO COMUNICATIONS. The company I cannot get ANY communication from. I'm stuck and I WILL BE finding a new service provider, as my residents have patiently waiting for the pool to open.

Desired outcome: would like for my 911 phone to work

B
8:19 am

Lingo Telecommunications - Toll free number

I have had a toll free number for many years. It was hosted by Birch Communications then passed to Lingo. The number stopped working on Friday of last week. It is Wednesday of this week. I have opened a ticket on Lingo's website and called daily to the boiler room type customer call center in India where I have been promised daily the situation would be corrected "as soon as possible". I have not received a single response from Lingo as of yet. My toll free number is my business therefore I am out of business as of last Friday.

Desired outcome: bring the number back on line

S
4:49 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Starting April 15, 2021, Lingo started charging me for every call I made to their toll-free customer service number 866-405-4646. Their answering system rerouted my calls to a different number 716-871-4992 and 716-871-4990 which Lingo then charged me for. I changed to a new service provider in early May and my number ported out of Lingo early on 5/13/21 at...

Lingo Telecommunications - My name is Georgeta Stoica my phone mr 614.840.9520

My name is Georgeta Stoica from Columbus Ohio, my phone nr. 614.840.9520. I am your customer now, but I was a long time Impact's Communication customer and continue with you now Lingo Communication. Yesterday my line was bloked and I didn't know why ? I am in a very bad situation with money and before when was few times happened I didn't have money in my account Impact blocked my line I called and they told me that the bank didn't pay, I called Bank and I barrow money I depozited and I called Impact they took money and open my line. Now the people from you blocked my line and told me I have to pay $ 300. And I asked them why, they told me that I didn't pay my bills. I told them that I didn't get from them any letter, or bills, snd I asked why you didn't blocked my line, the told me was a mistake and told me that she is sorry. I asked her what is doing your worker there, why didn't do their job to send me a e-mail, to send me a letter, to blocked my line and I could call them to see what hapoened and to rezolve the problem. I am so sorry I cant not pay that money. I want to remain your customer, if I don't rezolve I have to move with other company. This is my home phone and I need in caz of a emercency. Please help me. Thank you and God Bless you.
Sincerely, georgeta

Lingo Telecommunications - Fiber internet

I have been paying 100meg internet service.
Whenever we get a soaking rain our service drops significantly. Yesterday it dropped to 2 megs in speed test. This has happened several times. Customer service is a joke.
I hired a IT person to figure out what was wrong. Within a minute he new what was wrong. He said: when the connection was made there was not enough room in the connection box and the fiber cable's arc was more than what the the cable tolerate. He said the fiber cable was damaged and that was my internet was not working properly. I called Lingo and explained what I found out, they said that was not the problem but never explained what the problem was. I continue to have problems when it rain but they have yet to send some to fix the issue. Each time I call I am put on hold for extremely long periods of time without the problem being fixed. This company has the absolute worst customer service I have ever seen!

Desired outcome: Fix the problem

View 0 more photos
C
7:51 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Lingo Telecommunications - Refusal of lingo to change of port name from business to residual.

4 January 2021 -
Was quiting lingo due to billing issues.

Problem:
Refusal of lingo Communications to change name of phone port from business to residual. (but lingo folks says they can change name from residual to business.)

Given:
New landline carrier stated lingo refused to 'port over' to them.

I contacted lingo and they refused to change name to allow 'porting over' to the new carrier. lingo folks were clear on refusal and no further explaination of why.

I fired lingo communication on the spot. One does not reward stupid

Desired outcome: Change name of port from business to residual.

A
1:08 pm

Lingo Telecommunications - Matrix Telephone Service

Phone service was stopped suddenly because they said they left a phone message to say they had to change the wiring... Phone message! There are so many scams - and call was probably from Lingo and all I know is I get a bill from Trinsic and pay Matrix Telecom. There are so many phone scams I will not call a company back ---- a company i never heard of. We seem to get a bill every month - why couldn't they have put a notice on the bill...that they I need to call them. We rarely listen to phone messages on our house phone anyway.

I have had a TERRIBLY experience with this company (Lingo/Trinsic/Mattrix) - and am trying to port the number to another carrier. I had cancelled the appointment for the Verizon guy to come to switch the wiring for Lingo-- why have him come just so I can leave the company... I find out just today after another 1.5 hours that the phone has to be back in order to PORT -- and since I cancelled on the 21st - the next date is the 29th... This company is awful.

Ann Sokol
201-927-0232

V
12:42 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In April of 2019 me and my family moved into a new house I have had phone service with lingo for about a year before they change hands with Birch and before that they were Sage phone Co. I am a long-time customer lingo offered me a new phone service during the process of me moving into our new place called wireless skybill phone service which never worked...

B
12:18 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Lingo Telecommunications - home phone service (landline)

My parents service was interrupted on 8/23/2019 because someone ran over a line with their lawnmower. I contacted Lingo and was told that it would be fixed on 8/27/2019 by 7:00 pm. It wasn't. Now when I try to contact them, there is NO answer. My parents are elderly and not in good health. God help these people if something happens to my parents and they can't get in touch with someone for help because someone is too sorry to do their job.

Update by Brenda Montanye
Aug 29, 2019 3:42 pm

Finally got hold of someone at Lingo Communications. They tried to tell me that there was a dispute between the people who are supposed to fix my parents phone and the linemen's bosses. The guy freaked when I told him that the dispute ended yesterday around 11:30 am. He tried to blow it off and told me that when the lineman decided to go fix my parents phone that the person would contact me directly. I call BS because it's not my job to do Lingoes job. Does anyone know a good attorney who deals with d-------s that don't care to do their job?

1 comment
H
Oct 30, 2019 2:14 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

@brenda montayne Sorry for your trouble, and GOOD LUCK getting anything done quickly or efficiently by this company. We have been long-time customers of Vartec, which is now owned by Lingo, and our phone went blank and needed service from JULY 5 THRU OCT. 6 -- no kidding! I called and called and talked to numerous reps, all saying it was being held up because "Verizon" was backed up and we were "on the list." They said several times the repairman was coming, but never showed up, the last time being scheduled for a Sunday (?) which I questioned. Then my husband (who had cancelled some plans) called that day, and they said "oh were sorry, it's supposed to be monday. ! During the whole ordeal I've noted names and dates, and have stressed to them that I'm demanding a credit for the entire 3 months, which I was ASSURED I would get, but later on was told " oh we have to wait for the technician to close out the ticket before you'll get any credit, and also you'll have to call back to check on it." So today, I was put on hold without being told, right in the middle of talking; then called back a second time, was frustrated, then was hung up on! ; called back a third time and the rep left a message for a manager to call me. All I can tell you is to FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE ALABAMA STATE'S ATTORNEY OFFICE, that's what I finally did. My heart goes out to you and esp. your elderly parents; I know what it's like because on top of this inconvenience, I'm handling my deceased parents' estate since my mom passed in 2017, and have handled their business since dad passed (and mom broke her hip) all in 2014. I have never dealt with a company like Lingo/Vartec before, and wouldnt be surprised if lawsuits/ investigations ensue from all the customer dissatisfaction.

R
5:15 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been with lingo since 2002 or so. Lingo automatically charged my credit card every month since the beginning. I got a call today from Lingo billing about an overdue bill. I was surprised because I ported my number a year ago. I was called because the credit card was declined because it had my son's name and my credit card. I am checking with my...

S
7:45 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've been a customer of Lingo for 7 years and have been relatively happy. I work from home so phone service is critical. Sound quality hasn't been the greatest and recently calls started dropping. I was told at one point a few months back that I needed a new adapter, but then they changed their mind and said it was a port issue. I recently experienced a...

Lingo Telecommunications - Customer Service/Cancellation

We finished our 2 year contract with Lingo despite using it probably 5 times in the first few months. Today I called to cancel as this company states specifically that there is no way to cancel other than speaking with their customer service team. I have been holding now for 56 minutes and it is 10:30 am, within their normal hours of operation. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Their service is often interrupted, their hardward causes conflicts with our internet service provider hardware, and, obviously, their customer service does not care about making a person hold for unlimited amounts of time. I wonder how long I would have been on hold if I had called to sign up for the service? I'm sure I'd be on my way doing other things. Pathetic.

Lingo Telecommunications - fraud

Several months ago Lingo added a $10 per month add-on feature to my plan that I have no interest in and did not request. I called to cancel and request a refund. The customer service rep said there was no record of me ordering the add-on and said he would give me credit for the three months I was billed. However, he must transfer me to the cancellation dept. because only they can remove the feature. The service rep from the cancellation dept. (Cate) was very rude and insisted that I must have added the feature myself because they would never add I feature I did not request. However, it is a feature that I have never been interested in (softphone) so I am 100% certain I did not ask them to add it to my service three months ago. When I asked to speak to her supervisor she refused to transfer me and told me there was no supervisor above her.

I would warn anyone using Lingo, or thinking of using Lingo, to check your bill regularly. You may find that they have added features that you do not want.

May 11, 2011 8:45 pm

Just to follow up on the complaint. Several days after being told that the fraudulent charges would be reversed, I received a call from Lingo informing me that they were unable to reverse the charges. Apparently, if you do not catch their fraud within the first month, their policy is to refuse to refund the money.

2 comments

My Wife and I have decided to have LINGO as our International Calling Co.. They advertise UNLIMITED PHONE CALLS for about $20.00 per Cell phone. After 2 months my wife see that they charge more than was supposed too and this happened every single month until we have a $89, 00 debit for our 03/2017 bill. We asking for the LINGO Customer Service Why and they say that we are using a 1.800 number to call to Brazil. Well the thing is, THEY GAVE TO US THAT 1.800 NUMBER since we " sign" with them. They say "sign but in fact we have any SIGNATURE IN ANY CONTRACT. Now we are very UPSET because we have found this website, COMPLAINTSBOARD.COM and we see same complains 5 years ago. WHERE IS ON THIS COUNTRY THE CONSUMERS RIGHTS DEFENDANTS WHERE THEY ARE? WHY LINGO STILL DOING THE SAME WITHOUT ANY, I MEAN, AAANNNNYYYYYY SUE.

L
Apr 22, 2012 7:30 pm

I signed up with Lingo some time ago but I could never get the service to work. I tried calling the “tech” people but we were still unable to get the service to connect. I have never made one phone call using their system. They had me sign up for direct debit from my checking account so when I sent the equipment back I told them to stop the direct debit and cancel the service. However, they never stopped. Many months went by before I realized they were still taking my money.

When I realized it, I called them again and said stop taking my money. I then put a stop payment on my account for the amount they had been charging me. The next thing I knew they were charging me again….but a different amount…in order to get around the stop payment. I then called my bank and had them put a stop payment on Lingo for any amount.

Now they have sent me to COLLECTION for not paying them. They are a bunch of very devious CROOKS!

O
3:21 pm

Lingo Telecommunications - Scam

I have signed up with Lingo for a 2 year contract for a plan called "Lingo World Max" unlimited calling plan. I have recieved the following email from them:

"Thank you for using Lingo digital home phone service for all your domestic and international calling needs.

We see from our reports and analyses that frequent calls are being made from your Lingo phone that are inconsistent with the normal calling patterns of a residential customer. For security purposes, we are sending you this notice to inform you that if this calling pattern continues, it poses a risk of violating Lingo’s Terms & Conditions, which can be found at www.Lingo.com.

If you believe your future calling patterns will remain consistent with your current use of the Lingo service, we would like you to consider switching to another Lingo calling plan, such as our South Asia Plan (just $29.95/month with unlimited US and Canada calling and a low 2.9¢/m rate to both Bangladesh and India!).

Our systems will continue to monitor your calling and usage patterns for conformity with Lingo’s terms and conditions of service. If you have any questions regarding this notification, please contact Lingo Customer Care at either [email protected] or 1-888-667-4281.

We thank you for your cooperation!

Sincerely,
Lingo"

I have just checked my minutes usage and for the month of March (3/13/2010 - 4/12/2010) and I have used only 853 minutes. As I understand from other comments on this website and on the Internet, the next step is they will automatically charge me extra and if I cancel at that time, I will be charged with cancellation fee. So Lingo makes money either way by ripping people off. They do not define what constitues residential usage pattern / high usage pattern in the their terms and condition. I can not believe that basic consumer rights are violated in such a brazen way and nobody is doing anything about it.

V
7:21 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I took their Unlimited Plan called Lingo World Max – they claimed unlimited calls to 70 countries per month. I took the service and found out the calling limit is 5000 minutes per month. 5000 minutes are way lot of minutes anyway for our residential usage. So, I did not bother with their misleading unlimited slogan. We talked around 900 minutes first month...

3:31 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Lingo is selling "Unlimited" calling plan but they actually lie. They limit the calls to 5000 minutes and on top of it they have hidden residential usage requirement that limits your calling number to 6. However, they have suspended lines of 3, 500+ customers for using over 500 (yes five hundred) minutes leaving them unable to call 911 in case of emergency...

C
2:30 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

LINGO INC (phone Service), Primus Lingo Phone, Lingo VOIP, Lingo Inc, Primus Telecom Pure scam. False advertising. They do not have true unlimited plan. Their fine pint (terms and condition clearly states that). Also you give you rights to Trial by Jury for any dispute resolution. Read their fine print before subscribing to their service. There are many...

F
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

i took lingo phone october 13th with2years agrement local&80 coutries unlimited talk.yesterday they suspened my line cause of high uses but i have unlimited talk line.i have two kids.my daughter is sick.she has brnocritis taking medication.two days i don;t phone line.i send them e-mail call lot of times but they didnot response me.without phone if something...

View 0 more photos
H
5:52 am

Lingo Telecommunications - Will re-run same charge many times to hold huge dollar ammounts from your account

I had been a customer of Lingo's for at least a couple of years and had not had too many problems with the service, just the usual outages, common to all VOIP providers. My wife bought two airline tickets a week and a half ago so I logged into our bank's web site to make sure they cleared and they had. While on the bank web site I also noticed Lingo had ran a charge of $248.43 and while it was listed as pending it was immediately deducted from my account. All was fine and well with the world or so I thought. Then Lingo emails me threatening to cut off my service! I called Mr. Beneflor Mas back (and after having some difficulty understanding his accent) managed to explain that he had taken the money from me 10 days or more prior. Also I asked that he not just run the charge again and freeze up $500 of my money. Mr. Mas was given the phone number on the back of my bank card and was to call the bank and fix this. When I got home Mr. Mas had emailed me to tell me that he had "processed" the charge, and after looking at my bank account I saw that he had TAKEN $500 from me! After taking a screen cap of the bank site showing his double error, I emailed him back at which time the JERK ran the $248.43 charge agian in retaliation for me having the nerve to complain about his stupidity. So now I have $750 frozen for a good part of the day causing my account to go negative while other charges came in! I tried talking to the bank and was told that there was nothing I could to to stop this fraud until either Lingo took the money or the holds fell off in 3 business days! I had to cancel the card to stop Lingo from machine gun charging the same amount again and again. They are horrible uncaring jerks, they have a to hell with you, we are going smash your face in until we have what we want attitude. Even after I SHOWED THEM what they were doing to me they just kept right on trying to cause as much damage as they possibly could!

NEVER DEAL WITH THESE LYING SNAKES! One day they will BITE YOU! I am telling you, years of being a high paying customer (thousands of dollars a year), they make an error and it's straight to slash and burn!

Talking to a supervisor (Katherine Manuel in my case if she even is a supervisor) just gets you the run around and lies about how they only ran the charge ONCE! The bank told me about at least 4! Mr. Mas admitted to 2 of them in his email.

Lingo Telecommunications contacts