Complaints & Reviews

winter pool cover - return policy

They advertise a warranty of 15 years implying good long lasting quality. But when you get the product, you find the quality is crap and the warranty is 90 days.

When I called to return the product, they said they would send me email instructions. Never happened. The return policy says 10 days which is pretty restrictive. But I called on day 10.

Then there is a 25% restocking fee for the privilege of being duped by their awful product and policies, and misleading product description.

I've learned my lesson. This cover will go in the trash, because that is what it is. I feel like I've been robbed.

Don't believe them when you read:

"We are very friendly and want to help our customers get back into their swimming pool without too much hassle."

They're not. Their goal is to dup you into spending your money and making it as difficult as possible to get the FULL refund you deserve.

[Resolved] swimming pool liner

Purchased a 18x33 liner in May of 2017. It is August 2019 and the liner has almost completely faded and the bottom peeled causing the water to leak out as well as my sand. Reach out to Linerworld and was offered a discount of around $100. I'll be out more than that to get the liner replaced and filled back up with water. Very disappointed with their product. Attached a picture of the liner..

swimming pool liner

• LinerWorld's response · Aug 19, 2019

We are sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your liner. Our warranty is a pro-rated warranty and you are in your 3rd season. Contact us and perhaps we can work out a better solution.

P
We purchased a liner from Linerworld in July 2019. After the installers installed the liner it had a leak at the seams. We also found a 1/4 inch hole in wall of liner. These liners are not very good. I e-mailed with no response. You will out of cost of liner and the installation and money that you paid for water to fill pool. Do not waste your money on a liner from this company.

• LinerWorld's response · Aug 19, 2019

We are sorry to hear about the experience that you have had with your LinerWorld order and would like the chance to make it right.

[Resolved] pool liner

I have purchased two pool liners from Diggers (Liner World)and both have only lasted 1 year before separating at the bead. I thought the first liner was just a fluke but having two give out the same way and they don't offer much other than some in store credit if you have a failure. I think this is some sort of scam that they know will generate return customers and it did once for me because I took the discounted sale and bought a second. The very first pool liner I ever bought was from someone else and it lasted great until my dog got in the pool and shredded the side. I don't know why these have not lasted but it sure appears to be poor products and a predatory warranty policy. I am posting to try and warn others who might be considering a purchase to stay away from these people.

• Updated by paulnay · Aug 19, 2019

The only way you could possibly make it right at this point would be to give a refund or even a pro-rated refund. Your team already told e you do not offer any sort of refund. Posting on here to try and seem like you have resolved the complaint is just more of the scam. If you decide to step up and refund a reasonable amount I will gladly acknowledge it here on the complaint board forum. If no one hears from me they know the real story. I am not buying another liner. Basically bought two in 2 years. Total out of pocket around $500 for two years worth of liner.

• LinerWorld's response · Aug 20, 2019

Can you please give me an order number and the name that's on the order, I am here to help. You can send the information to [email protected]

[Resolved] liner return complaint

Ordered a liner didn't show it processed so next day I ordered and all of sudden shows 2 of the same liners being shipped. Emailed them and informed I only ordered and want one liner. Two were delivered tried to return one of the unneeded liners and was informed I was responsible for 69.00 shipping. Rediculous when they sent 2. Any other company would send a free shipping label to return. Won't order from them again. I had used them in past but more.

[Resolved] pool liner

Purchase a pool liner for my 24' round above ground pool. It has already faded out and began "shedding" which...

[Resolved] ripped seam

Received a liner from LinerWorld. We had it installed by our pool company on Friday and within 3 hours, my pool - all 12, 000 gallons of water, was empty. Seam ripped. this cause considerable wash0-out damage around the pool. We had 2 other pool companies come up to look at and the conclusion was the same - defective liner. Installation was done correctly.
Upon calling LinerWorld, we were told that it was not covered. We were told to send pictures and we did. The response from them was that "we can purchase a new liner for a flat rate of $150 per our pro-rated manufacturers warranty" .
We are now on the hook for a second liner, install and water. We will not be buying a second liner from this company - we are just looking to get some sort of restitution.

• LinerWorld's response · Oct 13, 2017

I am sorry to hear of the experience that you are having.
    Please email me your name and order #, and I will try to help you in anyway that I can.
    Send to : [email protected]

scammers

Do not and I repeat do not order any products from this company. AKA (Diggers Pool Services) (linerworld) (Shopthegreatbackyard) (pool experts on Ebay} they also sell on (Amazon) Customer Service so called manager "BRITTANY" is the rudest women I have ever had to deal with. She refused to give me her last name. Not only did she take my order wrong she literally told me I told her the wrong size. She also told me liners stretch to 72 inches so that means the expandable liners they sell are just regular liners which they are selling as expandable. She hung up on me 2 times, and when i informed her that i wanted to talk to the owner, which after research i find out his name is David Phelps. Of course she handles everything and he could not be reached. What a JOKE. She did not want to admit she took my order wrong she also said i am at wrong. She has the worse attitude ever. PLEASE READ ALL REVIEWS BEFORE ORDERING FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE A SCAM...

wrong size liner

I thought we were buying a liner for a 24'x52" pool. Liner arrived and will only fit a 24'x48" pool. Notified company who insisted it would stretch enough to fit and we must have installed it improperly. It is a unibead liner meaning it has a j-hook option. Well the J-hook doesn't work. The minute there is any water added to the bottom of the pool and you have warm weather ( which is what the company says you have to have in order to have the liner stretch) the liner will pull out of the j-hook. Well we installed it by our selves the first time and it failed. Liner came unattached and we lost the water that we had put in. That water ran out and washed out the cove that was in there so we needed more sand to replace it and start again. The next time we hired 2 installers from a local pool place only to have it fail same as it did the first time. The company still insists that the liner is the right size and nothing is wrong with the liner. They refuse to replace it with one that is an overlap or one that will not need to be stretched at least 4" in order to fit the 52" walls. They will not refund our money either as it is over their refund time. Of course we have been trying to put it in for 2 months now as we had to have weather over 80 degrees with the sun shinning. They are nothing but a rip off. To date we have put more than $800 into this new liner and still don't have a pool we can cool off in. I am very disgusted with them and will never buy anything from them again and if you don't want the headaches and cost, do not buy from them.

wrong size pool liner was sent to me

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY RIP OFF SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO SELL POOL SUPPLIES

I purchased a new liner in the fall of 2016 to install when I opened the pool for summer 2017. They sold me the liner knowing it was suppose to fit a 24' x 52" pool that used a j-hook. It was made for a 24"x 48" pool and will not stretch the extra 4". They told us we didn't install it correctly so we then hired a professional installer and the had the same results. The liner pulls out at the top when you try adding water. When this happens the water runs out and washes out the sand cove around the bottom. We have been in contact with the company numerous times since 7/5/17. We have spent close to $800. trying to get the pool up and running with this liner that is too short. The company refuses to refund the money for the liner or replace it with one that will fit and they definitely will not reimburse for any additional costs like the loss of almost 10, 000 gallons of water, 2 loads of sand and professional installers as they insisted we had not installed it correctly.
I have tried attaching photos but it keeps saying the photos are too large to attach, also it will not allow me to add all the emails that have gone between them and myself.

Order # 65980
Customer : Bernard Walker and Kathy Wright,

[Resolved] pool liner

After 3 years I have to replace the liner. Ordered a liner with a design after the first season it already...

[Resolved] defective product

Back in October, I purchased a liner from this company on the recommendation of my pool install guy. The...

[Resolved] pool liner

Do not order from this company!! It says by the price sell out high!! I didn't know this because I ordered...

liner coping

I purchased a liner from Liner World in the Spring 2016. During the winter the coping failed and half of the...

[Resolved] liner too big

I ordered a liner but before I pushed the final part of the order through I called to make sure what I wa...

above ground pool liner

I ordered a 27 ft round overlap liner because my pool company said that is what I needed (Pro Atlas Pool...

[Resolved] wrong product sent

We ordered a beaded liner for our 24' above ground pool. As the weather had been lousy it took us a couple weeks to install the new liner. We took it out of the box, unwrapped it and began to install. it was what they called a unibead liner so we had to cut the top jhook portion off to get to the standard bead part. The bead was too large to fit in our bead receiver. My husband is a machinist and got his micrometer out and measured the old liner bead, the bead receiver and the new liner bead. A standard bead is 1/8 x 5/16 which is what our old liner and bead receiver are. The new liner was 1/2 x 1/4. It was too wide and too long to fit into the bead receiver. Contacted linerworld and they told me that they only sold standard beaded liners and that our bead receiver was the problem. We ordered a new standard beaded liner from a new company and it fit perfectly. Linerworld has told us that there is nothing they can do about it as we opened it and tried to install. What they sold was not what is advertised. They should be refunding us the money we have paid seeing as their merchandise is flawed.

• LinerWorld's response · Jun 06, 2017

Please return the item for a full refund. You can contact us at [email protected] so that we can help to resolve the problem.

holes popping up too

They are scam artists what they sell you is not worth buying they are rude when you do complain about their...

[Resolved] ripped liner

Date of Incident: July 15, 2016 This companies warranty policy is ridiculous. They will only guarantee the...

[Resolved] above ground coping

I was looking to purchase a new liner for my above ground pool, website said to replace coping every time you...