Menu
LinerWorld company logo
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

36 complaints
28 resolved 8 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by LinerWorld customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of LinerWorld. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
E
12:26 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We purchased a 27’ liner for our 27’ matrix pool. The day it was installed I had 3 men working on it in 100 degree weather. The liner ended up being too big by three feet! The men said that this liner was in fact not for our pool and was too big. I contacted support and she wanted me to take photos of the pool liner and the “extra material”. We did just...

C
7:25 am

LinerWorld - Pool liner

Liner was purchased in January 2022 and was installed on 03/11/2022 after two days of filling it up with we discovered a hole in the liner. No one has been in the pool to cause a hole. I contacted linerworld and the company that installed the liner. The company who installed the liner came out and checked it and told us it’s a defect in the liner. Linerworld told me to send pictures and send the so I Fedex and emailed pictures. Linerworld told me the warranty does not cover the hole. With no one getting into the pool to cause the hole and a company with over 30 years experience installing the liner ( and will reinstall a new one at no cost to me) why won’t linerworld stand behind their product. I’m not asking for money to refunded just give me a liner without holes in it.

Desired outcome: Just replace the liner with one without holes

9:36 pm

LinerWorld - Pool liner

Complaint number two. Linerworld not only does not stand by their defective products they LIE and say the conflict was resolved and to contact their solution center only to continually ignore you. This company is no good. They sell defective liners and after you are inconvenienced with one they want to sell you another defective liner for a slightly discounted price. Companies like this is what makes consumers so distrusting and disgusted. Do a better job, don't just pretend to to try and fix your bad ratings !

4:31 pm

LinerWorld - Pool liner

I ordered a pool liner in April of this year. Now in September the liner is 4 different colors and looks like a 10 year old trashy liner. I was offered a replacement for an additional charge of almost what I paid for the liner originally. They admitted when I sent pictures that it is defective yet still want me to purchase again citing its past the 90 days. Have barely used the pool for 4 months before the liner went to hell. I should at least be guaranteed a season before it looks like this!

Desired outcome: A liner replacement at no charge

11:00 am

LinerWorld - Defective Pool Liner

I needed a new liner for my above ground pool. I looked and looked for one. Everyone was out of stock. I was excited when I found one at LinerWorld. I ordered it at the end of the season (2020), not knowing if there would be one available in May (2021). I scheduled the installation team. They came out the week before Memorial Day (2021). When they began to install the liner, they found a manufacturer's defect. There was a four inch part of the seam that was not sealed properly. I reached out to LinerWorld (multiple times). They said that since the purchase date was past ninety days, they would not refund my money. I explained that it had just been unboxed, never had water in it and that they sold it to me at the end of the season. Logically, it would not be installed right away. The best they could do was to prorate a purchase of a new liner. The interesting part of this is that they would not have a liner until July. Another interesting part of the story is that the cost of liner had increased by 233%. I realize that retail locations need to have a return policy, I get it, but I would have hoped due the situation that Covid has caused and the timing, that an exception would have been made to keep their customers loyal. Reading recent reviews it seems that LinerWorld is knowingly sold defective liners. Order # 10014001

Desired outcome: At this point I purchased another liner locally. I would like my purchase price returned.

Sep 21, 2021 4:34 pm

Same situation! They are thieves. Tried to sell me another one as well with their 90 day nonsense

LinerWorld - Above ground pool liner

Above ground pool liner.
In the last two years I've purchased two liners from liner world the first one lasted two months the last one came out of the box with not one scene but two seams defective both times I had to pay for installation because the installers were there and set up ready for the defective liner. I ask for reimbursement for the $1400 I have spent for installation and no pool to show for it because I do not have a solid liner. Not to mention my two days of salary that I've lost getting my liners that were defective installed.

Desired outcome: I would like to be reimbursed the installation fees of $1400 for the defective liners. One lasted two months one came out of the box and the seam started coming apart as they were installing it.

T
7:58 pm

LinerWorld - Pool cover

The liner I purchased August of 2019 and it has a huge tear all of a sudden and several holes. It was a 24' round winter pool cover, Rhinoguard Technology, order #111084. From the information I read prior to the purchase, this was supposed to be a very good cover that would last a long time. I always cover my pool during off season and have never had a cover go bad so quickly. My pool is green slush now. I asked for a replacement but they replied it is out of the 90-day warranty period. So, they sell crap and know it will be out of warranty by the time you realize it is no good. I'm pretty sure they KNOW the covers won't last long.

Desired outcome: I would like a replacement because this one must have been defective

Update by Tambo1234
May 05, 2021 7:53 pm

Good news. They actually did respond and are trying to make it right. I will give an update if things change.

They responded and have tried to make things right. I am satisfied with the result. Thanks.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I installed my liner Sunday when the temperature was 82° and bright sunshine, fill the liner about halfway up and then turn the water off. Tuesday I went out to finish filling it and noticed a rip at the top where the liner folds over, this rip was not there Sunday at installation time it was not there Monday. To me it looks like a stretch tear, I am now...

8:00 pm

LinerWorld - Pool liner

Pool liner has multiple holes all over. Some are very precise as though they already existed. Have had the liner for less than a year and they refuse to do anything about it. Claiming it was something we did. It isn't under any trees, no ladder close to the holes. Nothing in the pool that would have damaged it. They say it's not a manufacturer defect. I beg to differ. It seems as though the liner is super thin and not as durable and they advertised

Desired outcome: Send a new liner

4:11 pm

LinerWorld - 21x52 glimmer glass beaded pool liner

Bought in may of 2020 had no problems with it till I uncovered this spring to get it ready for open there was a white spot on floor. I do not use any chemical when I winterize my pool i drain blow skimmer remove lines and install pool winter cover i contacted linerworld theytold me I did use chemical so I let them know I didnt then they stopped replying back. I will contact BBB. And a lawyer if need to be but I had liner 1 yr and use it about 4 months then spot should not be in liner. I always close my pool down the way I did last fall with mo problems. [email protected]

Desired outcome: New liner

Oct 02, 2021 9:40 pm

Same exact thing happened with my pool. Terrible product this company sells.

R
6:57 pm

LinerWorld - Pool liner

Bought a pool liner lasted maybe 2 seasons and was completely faded contacted them and was told to much chlorine, i have dozen of records of water getting tested by a local pool place that uses a 2000$ digital tester not droplets method. Pool water was always fine, was told to bad so sad and offered a simple blue liner at a small discount. 5 year Warranty should be that and yup we all use chlorine so it should be resistant to fade.

Desired outcome: Replacement

M
10:24 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Linerworld sold me a "25" gauge liner last year in july. It ripped at the seam in less than two weeks. They sent a new liner... I asked what happens if the new liner does the same, because honestly to have taken the liner out we would have lost most of the rest of our swimming season last year. I was told that if it happened again within a year we would...

C
4:08 pm

LinerWorld - Liner size

Purchased the overlap liner for 24 ft round pool. Says it fits up to 54" wall...followed all instructions. We pre measured the base of the liner as instructed (though no measurements were provided to "double check" and began putting water in. & wall height is to short. Will not stretch enough. We now have to try to get 4 inches of water re
Moved from the pool to to take out this liner & try to find one that is actually constructed to fit. Cannot get through to customer service.

9:40 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

After much investigating I decided to purchase a my Liner from Liner World, I ordered a 30 ft 72 inch expandable liner that was advertised as 25 gauge. As soon as I took the liner out of the box I noticed in felt very thin compared to my old liner of 15 years which was also a 25 gauge. I actually felt so thin I thought it was going to tear apart just trying...

4:32 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered a pool liner on May 28th. i purchased the liner for $269.00 with skimmer gaskets. Before I could hit the buy button the coupon code for the gaskets was gone. I emailed them and instead of the gasket deal they sent me a 10% off code to use. The liner price was then reduced $27.00. The total purchase price was $242.00, with free shipping. Arrived...

H
8:07 am

LinerWorld - Stoney creek print pool liner

Stoney Creek liner. Poor seem mostly around the whole pool. It Has 3 visibly holes where seem are thinly seemed. Hardly any overlapping for strength. Is this normal? One side of pool leaky/wet on ground. It Only had a couple inches on a warm day that created this issue. Curious if you had any other complaints with this specific print? It was for a 30 round pool. Liner was purchased in May 2020. Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

7:26 am

LinerWorld - Winter pool cover - return policy

They advertise a warranty of 15 years implying good long lasting quality. But when you get the product, you find the quality is crap and the warranty is 90 days.

When I called to return the product, they said they would send me email instructions. Never happened. The return policy says 10 days which is pretty restrictive. But I called on day 10.

Then there is a 25% restocking fee for the privilege of being duped by their awful product and policies, and misleading product description.

I've learned my lesson. This cover will go in the trash, because that is what it is. I feel like I've been robbed.

Don't believe them when you read:

"We are very friendly and want to help our customers get back into their swimming pool without too much hassle."

They're not. Their goal is to dup you into spending your money and making it as difficult as possible to get the FULL refund you deserve.

Oct 02, 2021 9:43 pm

Absolutely 100 percent accurate description of this dispicable company. Throw it in the trash and buy from a real company. This one won’t be around for long, not if I have anything to do with it.

T
4:17 pm

LinerWorld - swimming pool liner

Purchased a 18x33 liner in May of 2017. It is August 2019 and the liner has almost completely faded and the bottom peeled causing the water to leak out as well as my sand. Reach out to Linerworld and was offered a discount of around $100. I'll be out more than that to get the liner replaced and filled back up with water. Very disappointed with their product. Attached a picture of the liner..

Oct 02, 2021 9:46 pm

Same thing here. This company is awful. Completely faded piece of garbage liner with a fake 15-25 year warranty which really means 90 day and then we will sell you a slightly discounted piece of garbage liner. Your liner will be white in a few months if you buy from them. I’d have had better luck with a garbage bag.

11:59 am

LinerWorld - pool liner

P
We purchased a liner from Linerworld in July 2019. After the installers installed the liner it had a leak at the seams. We also found a 1/4 inch hole in wall of liner. These liners are not very good. I e-mailed with no response. You will out of cost of liner and the installation and money that you paid for water to fill pool. Do not waste your money on a liner from this company.

9:10 am

LinerWorld - pool liner

I have purchased two pool liners from Diggers (Liner World)and both have only lasted 1 year before separating at the bead. I thought the first liner was just a fluke but having two give out the same way and they don't offer much other than some in store credit if you have a failure. I think this is some sort of scam that they know will generate return customers and it did once for me because I took the discounted sale and bought a second. The very first pool liner I ever bought was from someone else and it lasted great until my dog got in the pool and shredded the side. I don't know why these have not lasted but it sure appears to be poor products and a predatory warranty policy. I am posting to try and warn others who might be considering a purchase to stay away from these people.

Update by paulnay
Aug 19, 2019 5:19 pm

The only way you could possibly make it right at this point would be to give a refund or even a pro-rated refund. Your team already told e you do not offer any sort of refund. Posting on here to try and seem like you have resolved the complaint is just more of the scam. If you decide to step up and refund a reasonable amount I will gladly acknowledge it here on the complaint board forum. If no one hears from me they know the real story. I am not buying another liner. Basically bought two in 2 years. Total out of pocket around $500 for two years worth of liner.

3 comments
Oct 02, 2021 9:49 pm

Wish I would have read your review before dealing with this awful company. They know they are selling garbage, it’s part of their sale plan. Sell garbage then offer to replace it with more garbage for a discounted rate. Buy somewhere else. Fake warranties, no resolutions. All fake.

LinerWorld contacts