Intex Recreation Logo

Intex Recreation

Having problems with Intex Recreation?

Dept. 1665 Hughes Way
Fri8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed
Hong Kong
Intex Development Company, 9/F Everbright Centre, 108 Gloucester Road, WanChai, Hong Kong

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Intex Recreation.

Complaints & Reviews

Intex Recreation26' round metal frame pool cover

Winterized my pool and drained it below the skimmer went to install the cover that came with it, does not fit not even close extremely tight, to the point it tore. I had to go buy a new one; not happy at all!! This is not my first intex pool and cover, but this one was not even close to fitting; wasted all winterizing chemicals and had to clean the pool and vacuum again plus added more chemicals. In all spent an additional 150.00 for new cover and chemicals, not to mention the added time..

Jul 09, 2020

Intex Recreation Corporation — Missing part #12797 air nozzles and resistant customer service representative

On July 9, 2020 at 12:26 p.m. CST, I contacted Customer Service and spoke with Sarah (ID # 431) in China. I...

Intex Recreation CorporationFull pool

I bought pool and haven't sent it but took the money my phone [protected] call me so I know where my pools is I bought it from guy hany and he took the money and I want pool I paid over 100 dollars

Intex Recreation CorporationBrand new 15x42 pool liner on prism frame pool

I am outraged and completely disgusted with this company. I purchased a liner for the 15x42 Prism Frame Pool, on June 6th. 2 days after being up it's leaking and I've lost half of my pool water! No one even had the opportunity to swim in it!!! I want my money back. All $148.26 of it, otherwise I will be taking legal action! Customer service doesn't even answer the phone, so getting in touch with them is pretty impossible. I cannot believe they are able to get away with having faulty products that don't even work upon installation! This is completely unacceptable and I will NOT let this go, until I am refunded in full.

Intex Recreation CorporationIntex pure spa Hot tub

Hi, I purchased this hot tub in April 2019. I started having problems with it in June 2019 and notified Intex. . They had me do a bunch of maint things that made it a little better. At the end of last year the pump started making a noise. I notified them again before the warranty ran out and they again sent a list of "fixes". It never has been correct. Now this year the pump died and I sent Intex 3 emails and did not get a return email or call. I have purchased many of their products over the years. This pump is defective and I need it replaced. I have spent over $100 on fix issues.

May 27, 2020

Intex Recreation Corporation — Item # 28429e purespa plus bubble massage set - claim # 677033

Intex has had my claim form and hot tub cutouts since april 30, 2020 and I have not received a replacement...

May 22, 2020

Intex Recreation Corporation — 26679eg krystal clear 2150 gph pump & saltwater sand filter saltwater system, grey

Today is May 22nd, 2020 We have had three of Intex's saltwater generator systems. When the first one...

Intex Recreation CorporationAqua pool cleaner for 18' intex pool

I ordered an Intex aqua pool cleaner for my 18' ag pool and the parts that came in the box are the wrong size and will not connect. I have contacted Doheny whom I made the purchase through. They then said call Intex only they can resolve this matter... WTH? Almost 3 weeks of this crap. Take it back, refund, return email at the very least. Very unprofessional to have a monopoly on this brand and not allow any resolution through the company of purchase... Very poor service..

Apr 01, 2020

Intex Recreation Corporation — Purespa I have bought and am trying to return with my warranty that is still valid. My claim # is 675698 name is aaron davis.

I'm trying to get a replacement for my pure spa 6 person hot tub. The form that says what to send back...

IntexAir mattress for intex

This is my 2 air mattress that I bought from Intex air mattress company it bubbled and it hurts my back.
            I will post this on Facebook and share this with everyone. The store where I purchased it is useless.

Jan Wise

Air mattress for intex
            Air mattress for intex

Intex Recreation CorporationIntex 24" air mattress

I purchased an 24" air matress back in Sept 2019 from walmart. $79 only used it once. Pump or cord has a shortage in. I have no box or receipt from 5 months ago. Needless to say the rep was no help because I didnt have a receipt, rudely said a supervisor will tell you the same thing got my info from off their caller ID, verified my info, told me that other customers have their receipts as if I'm other customers, then hung up in my face. I dont recommend purchasing this brand. I'm stuck with an air matress that doesn't work and out of $79 such a scam company to know their are a lot of people who don't hold onto stuff for 5 months in a 500sq ft home, no room to store boxes.

Intex Recreation CorporationPlastic impeller housing and ceramic shaft for index spa

Very poor engineering, and material used. Had to dismantle pump several times to keep working. The parts for pump should be available, without having to pay $130.00 for new pump every couple months. I've been able to keep mind going with maintenance for two years now, but it's going to destroy itself soon. I think if Amazon was smart they should press Intex on this issue.

Intex Recreation Corporationpump and filter for 633t

This is the third pump since original purchase May 27, 2019. Intex support finally determined (while I did all the work), that the problem was in the filter. I had been using Intex "B" filters as designated, but filters would clog up after 4-6hrs of run time. So their solution was to have me purchase updated Intex "B" filters thru their website. Six pump hours after installing updated filter, problem returned. The original problem was the system would have little to no suction on the intakes and the same on the output pressure due to filter clogging to easily. Updated filters that I purchased had no bearing on the outcome of what was supposed to fix that. I should also state here that there is NO decernable difference mechanically nor visually between the Intex "B" filters I was buying and the "New Updated" filters Intex had me to purchase from their website. This pump and filter system is simply a bad design for any pool it's attached to.

Apparently, I'm not the only one that's had issues with this particular pump and filter. Most have simply bitten the preverbal bullet and bought larger more advanced pumps that do not require filters. This is about a $500-600 investment above the cost of the pool. Not to mention the time and aggravation gone thru.

Intex Recreation Corporationintex explorer k2 kayak

When the kayak arrived I pumped it up to check it before I got to the water.

I folded the kayak according thr the specific "folding instructions" in the owners guide/manual.

When I got to the water and pumped it up there was a hole in the pontoon. Luckily I brought the patches that came with the kayak and patched the hole.

About ten minutes into the maiden voyage my 10 year old passenger noticed the other pontoon was deflating. We returned to the shore and cleaned and patched that one too but it did not hold...

I called Intex, they told me to cut out parts and return it to them in Long Beach.

It has been over a month now since I mailed it and they are claiming it never arrived.

I have called them several times to see if it showed up and what options I had if it was not received. They said there are no options and there is nothing they will offer.

They suck. I get that they don't want to be replacing old items but this was brand new and was returned 3 days after purchase.

Intex Recreation Corporationair leak

The air mattress should be called air leaker or rip-off 101. This is a defective company operated by defective Sub-humans should all burn in hell l for eternity. I bought two air mattresses in two months they both did the same thing . Both had built in pumps. I did not off-topic the mattress yet the chamber broke creating a lump and soon after years happen making product(?) Use-less. Save your money and sleep on the floor before you buy anything from this crooked company.

Intex Recreation CorporationIntolerance in working with customer

Bought an E.C. O. unit 2 years ago and it worked well, it died unexpected last week for no apparent reason. I contacted Intex and they told me sorry, I'm 3 weeks over the warranty and there is nothing that can be done. This is the second time that an intex unit dies on me shortly after the warranty expired.
                        Hmmmmm? coincidence. Think not.
                        Will not purchase any more intex items since they customer service is non existing, I almost feel like dealing with the DMV.

Intex Recreation Corporationairbed with pump

This company has the worst customer service I had ever seen! That is probably because they provide the market with defective items that they do not acknowledge that they are defective and of course they cannot explain why they do not work.
                          They provide a very limited warranty period of 90 days and this is so limited, that if you do not suspect that most of their items are defective you may very well pass this period without making a claim. All companies which respect their customers would at list listen to them and try to help them.
                          But NOT this company!! I have tried to contact them very many times both in written complaints, as well as on the phone, but they do not come back to me.
                          I have a defective item (and I can prove it), which practically never worked properly, they do not care about it, most probably because that is the case with most of their products.
                          Never trust this company, never again!! I will submit negative reviews about them in every possible site that I can find so that I can protect people from buying from them!

Aug 10, 2019

Intex Recreation Corporation — customer service

We have purchased Intex products for years and, because I have had difficulties finding a particular Intex...

Aug 02, 2019

Intex Recreation Corporation — pure spa sjb-hs-20

I purchased this spa 14/03/19 at a cost of 899€ Due to bad weather and a holiday we didnt inflate the spa...

Jul 31, 2019

Intex Recreation Corporation — intex above ground pool

we purchased a 20'x48"pool last april and of course warranty is 90 days thepool started showing signs of...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices