Lexusgs450h hybrid battery

N

My gs450h has 102, 000 miles and my hybrid battery went out the warranty is for 100, 000 the dealership is telling me that the cost is going to be $6, 000 I think this is really low miles for a hybrid battery to malfunction the car is a 2007 and I purchased it in 2008. I'm waiting for the el monte lexus to get back to me regarding the cost. I drove the car into the dealer but was told that I can't drive it out because the battery is bad after they put it on the diagnostic system. I've only taken my car to lexus for repairs.

• Ad
    adamselene Jul 29, 2017

Had my battery replaced at 55, 000. I just had my 95, 000 service- did everything at dealer for my 2008. just got the hybrid warning screen again. Warranty on replacement parts including the hybrid battery is one year. The sales manager says they'll take care of me. Watch this space!

• Ri
    Richard Schenkman Aug 12, 2017

@adamselene they could not find the problem, said "no problem on computer." Four days later and 10 gallons of gas down the road, got same error message. They say everything checks ok, but avoid hybrid power mode! One enery screen, full charge lasts --not very long.

I am strapping on my assertiveness and continuing... watch this space

• Ro
    Rob Christman Oct 27, 2016

I have a 2008. The warranty expired in July. I have a touch over 70, 000 miles on the car. The estimated repair bill is $7100 for replacement of the entire Hybrid system. I had my dealership contact Lexus and they agreed to pay $4420 of the cost. I suppose that is fair. I was hoping they would pick up the whole tab.

• Ge
    George Cogan Apr 23, 2016

I have 92, 000 miles on my 450h but it was purchased 8.5 years ago. With an 8 year 100K warranty, I am also looking a $8K for a replacement. Are there cheaper options?

• Ki
    Kimber7 Mar 27, 2015

I agree my 2008 has only 27 K miles I don't have a problem with the hybrid, yet... Thank god. But I'm about to have to have the 4th 12 volt Battery put into my car! The 1st Battery. Lasted almost 5 yrs the next 2 about 1 yr each. I am furious.

• Te
    tech-guru Jun 21, 2014

Did you contact Lexus USA? They should cover the cost if the vehicle has been going to Lexus dealership for service.

• Aq
    aqu Oct 16, 2013

My lexus ist at 101, 168 miles and the hybrid battery failed also. Since they dont comply with CARB, Lexus can get away with charging outrageous amounts while Toyota warranties their battery for 150, 000 miles because they made a deal with CARB.

Jon Walker Jan 24, 2013

I am having the exact same problem at 102, 000 miles. How convenient that the battery is designed to last 100K and cost me 6K right after that. I am so pissed.