Levis 505quality steadily diminish

R

Just bought two pair of levis 505s. I have the same complaint that bill posted on your site. Fit is not what it used to be, and material is much lighter. I've been a levis wearer most of my life, and in the last several years i've seen the quality steadily diminish. This is the last straw. Anyone out there have recommendations on other brands?

• Bo
    bopa Jul 20, 2008

The quality of fabric that Levi Strauss is now using in their jeans is little better than what you would find in a dish towel. I, foolishly, just bought a pair of 505's (tan color) at Sears (made in the Dominican Republic), yesterday, and it is of such flimsy quality that I can't imagine any company would want to put their label on it. I should have examined it further, before buying, but I was in such a rush that I just grabbed the size and style thinking that it was Levi's. What a mistake. Stay away from anything "Levis" is my advice. It's a company that once was known for quality, but not anymore.

• Ro
    Ron Taub Sep 13, 2008

I totally agree. I always loved the fit of My Levis 505s so after years of buying other brands I broke down and spent twice as much to get some new 505s because nothing else fit as nice. I didn't try them on because all 505s used to be the same. The new ones are at least an inch bigger in the waist, the loops are wider apart, and the material is thinner than my bargain rack jeans. I knew the Levi signature brand sucked, but I didn't realize Levi's was actually fraudulent.

• Cc
    CCATGARD Dec 04, 2008

My last 2 pair of Levi 505 (and have worn them for the past 22 years) were so thin it does not even feel like denim. I have Lee jeans to work in and they are so much thicker. I will never buy Levi jeans again. The quality you could trust can no longer be trusted!