Levi Strauss Jeansbelt loops ripped

D Review updated:

Levi's - levis 505 - classic jeans with zipper —

I am very well impressed with the levis company, my brotherinlaw lives in a small rural town in the south. They dont have very many choices on clothing stores in their small town. The only place to shop was at goodys, inc that resently closed to bankruptcy. My brotherinlaw had purchased like 10 pairs of levis from goodys department store and he seems to think they just got a bad shippment or something, every pair he purchased the belt loop ripped off from the jeans after only 3 or 4 times wearing them. Goodys had already closed the store when he realized he had problems. He emailed levis and told them the problem levis told him to boxed all the defected jeans up and send them to him. So he boxed all ten pair of jeans and shipped them. He thought they would just repair them by sewing the belt loop back on well he was wrong. Four weeks later he recieved a package from levis with 10 pair of brand new jeans. Now is that not awesome or is it simply awesome!!! If you want a company whom stands behind their product then choose levis. From now on levis has my business and if you watch sears sales they run great deals on levis like buy one pair and the second half off and sometimes its get one free... And sears guarantees guality on thier inventory just keep your reciept if your not happy..

• Ro
    RosieAtLS&CO Jul 12, 2010

Thank you for the comment! I'm really glad to hear it!

• Ex
    Ex Levi customer May 16, 2011

How much did it cost you to ship them the JEans? I call BS on this. The last 5 pair of jeans I have bought the last 5 years all had torn belt loops. It seems they skimp on stitching the pockets too.

I have bought my last pair of Levi's ever. Just buy lee unwashed jeans instead and save the trouble and cost of sending them back.

Levis quality SUCKS! Taht is why young people no longer buy them. Old folks buy em out of habit and many are stopping that habit after realizing that the problems are not one off issues but systematic.

Plus you can no longer pull a pair off the shelf and know tehy will fit. Size vaireis widely.

Chuck Camp Hill, Pa Mar 22, 2012

They've shortened the crotch and have gone fron 7 to 5 belt loops on the 505's. I've been wearing Levis for over 60 years but no more. Their stiching stinks and the weight of the denim is way down. You could stand a new pair of Levis in the corner "back in the day" and they were so heavy they wouldn't bend. They seemed to last forever (except when you kept sliding into bases on the old gravel baseball fields or wore out the knees from shooting marbles). Just to show you how old I am, my Mom paid $4.75 a pair and she would complain because "the other blue jeans" were only $3 bucks and change.

tom eaton jr. Feb 08, 2013

i got 3 to 4 pairs of pants the the knee is ripped out and the pocket is ripped out will u replace them my e mail is tomeaton67 @yahoo .com i live in newton, il 62448 thank you tom

tom eaton jr. Feb 08, 2013

ripped out knee

• Rk
    Rkwalk Aug 29, 2014

Just took 5 pairs of Levi jeans this morning to a seamstress have the belt loops sewn back on to the jeans. Four months ago i took 3 pair in for repair.

• Be
    Bear Jordan Mar 19, 2015

I've always worn Levi's never worn anything else and am 58 years old, but every pair I bought lately the belt loop's have ripped off with-in a day or so seems like they are knock-offs. they were bought at J C Penny never have had a problem before don't know what to do...I guess the are made in china, that's what is wrong with this country today, nothing is made in America anymore.

• Ge
    George_S Jan 28, 2016

Broken belt loop above left rear pocket. Rips at bottom of loop. Happened to AT LEAST 8-10 pairs of mine over the past few years, but NEVER before that, for as long as I have been buying Levi's. (I'm 55, so that's a LOT of years. Tuesday I put on a brand new pair of 569's, wore them again on Wednesday, and the belt loop broke (after only 2 wears). Usually I get to wear them for 6 month's or more before they break. Apparently this is a common problem. I have even reached back while sitting at work or in the car to see if that loop was being overly pulled or stressed, and it was not. Levi's need to fix this or will be loosing many customers.

Toad Grimley Nov 09, 2016

I have stopped buying Levi's for the belt loop issue as well. Their quality is very sub par in the last 4 years.
    So has anyone found a big-n-tall tapered leg that replaces the Levis brand?

• Ro
    Roger Ramj Dec 17, 2016

I am 61 years old and been wearing Levi's all my life. The last 4 pair of 505s I purchased on Amazon one of the back belt loops ripped out within one week of wearing. I've been buying them out of habit for 45 years but I am done now, I will find a replacement. So sad

• Kc
    Kc68chev Aug 02, 2018

I have purchased levis for 40 plus years. The last twenty pairs I have bought have had belt loops break and have split in the crotch with only being washed a few times. . I have taken a few pairs into a seamstress to have the belt loops reinforced but the material is so thin they say I'm wasting my time. Some have been returned but the retailers are getting tired of seeing me. I have exchanged 5 pairs in the last four weeks. I think it's time to find another brand.