Menu

I
Author of the complaint
12:23 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Persistent Unsolicited Phone Calls from [protected]. I answered one time,
and no one was there, but heard noises in the back ground. Did not answer
this number again. Listed on Mariposa Street, Orlando Florida, at Latitude 28.5412, Longitude-81.3728, a Landline Level 3 Communications, LLC.

Orlando Police, do your job! Other complaints re this number are scattered over the internet.

More CenturyLink complaints & reviews

CenturyLink - Unsolicited phone calls
CenturyLink - extremely slow internet service
CenturyLink - century link rip off
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
CenturyLink - bad service
13 comments
K
Oct 24, 2021 12:28 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This random phone calling is a major problem. I live in a rural Pennsylvania location, and have had as many as 39 phone calls when I was not home, in a day, from many different locations that I have no contact with otherwise. When I am home, I do not even answer the phone unless I recognize the name or number, but.quite often, the location listed on my caller ID is from my local area, with a local area code, and a local exchange, which I know is inaccurate. How can scammers call me with a bogus telephone number purporting to be from my local area showing up on my caller ID ? I would think this is illegal, an addition to frustrating for the person called

Jul 28, 2021 6:15 am EDT

Level 3 got bought out by Century Link, which is apparently, in turn, now owned by Lumen Technologies. Level 3 ALSO apparently got dinged with about $7 or 8 million bucks in fines for failing to lay fiberoptic cable along some highways in Massachusetts in 2016 (whether they've actually coughed the money up wasn't entirely clear).
I started looking into them to report a series of hangup calls from the same Massachusetts # [protected] that was allegedly issued by Level 3. I've gotten 6 calls from them in about 10 days (including TWO yesterday!): some coming up as "Potential Spam" on the caller ID, some coming up just as the number ("[protected]"), and a couple coming up with NO caller ID at all. Tried to contact Century and their website chatbot was useless (even by useless chatbot standards of pisspoor IT by [censored]s who can't program their way out of a paper bag) and the number to call didn't even put me through to voicemail to leave a message, just said nobody was available before 9 AM (the WEBSITE said 7 AM...). So I left the APPROPRIATE feedback on their website (including where you're supposed to be *commending* employees for their explemplary service -- yeah, what a complete crock) which included threatening them with the FCC and FTC for aiding and abetting spammers, and with a class action lawsuit. Betting there are LOTS of people out there who will be happy to join the fun, and the lawyer I'd contact has worked in the telecommunications industry dealing with land rights and such (and is a good friend, my husband calls the person "OUR FAVORITE LAWYER". Oh and successfully sued the county we live in over the train wreck that was property reassessment around 20+ years ago. Heh heh...

L
Oct 13, 2021 9:13 pm EDT

I’d stand right beside you.

C
Jul 05, 2021 4:21 pm EDT

Has anybody got an address for these clowns

H
Dec 31, 2019 1:43 pm EST

it would be great if i could stop any and all calls from level 3 communications. they are the provider for most of the scam calls i get.
sure would like a way to stop any calls coming from their service.
please advise if you know of any way to do that.
govt and law agencies dont seem to be able to do anything.

K
Dec 11, 2018 1:58 pm EST

Received unsolicited phone calls on a cell phone that is on the do not call list. Calls come in from the number [protected], #1), a level 3 number operating out of Annandale, VA or Alexandria, VA, landline. Unable to trace name due to them having removed their name from public access, so I consider it a possible scam boiler room operation.

S
Mar 28, 2018 6:54 pm EDT

Yup same [censor]! Calling and calling.
I don't answer numbers I don't know!

Feb 14, 2018 11:46 am EST

Level 3 Communications, Llc called from [protected] I blocked their number after they called 3 times every day without a message I think they are fishing.

I never pick up a number that doesn't leave a message and I never call back unless I am forced to.

Jun 28, 2017 2:24 pm EDT

who is this! it says they owe me this information? with a link

Jun 28, 2017 2:23 pm EDT

receiving txt from [protected] with a link to open, im not opening that! I call and no answer!

P
Dec 02, 2016 10:02 am EST

Received numerous calls from Level 3 Communications at [protected] in Tennessee. I will be passing on complaint to BBB about them.
No message left, no answer when picked up. etc. scam and phony and unsolicited. Makes me angry.

B
Jan 12, 2015 12:38 pm EST

Received unsolicited call from a Level 3 Communications Landline in Le Sueur, MN. [protected].
I have no interest in calling them back, since they do not bona fide identify themselves.
Any number I receive a call from in future that is identified as a Level 3 Communications line will not be responded to.

S
Feb 06, 2014 6:29 pm EST

Received 11 phone calls today from 7 different phone numbers, ymax communications, paetec communications, bandwidth.com, level 3 communications. They are looking for____but the person does not live here...when asked what they wanted, they just kept saying hello and then hung up. will be keeping track of the calls, comments, etc. will press charges through the FCC

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

655 complaints