Complaints & Reviews

has not paid in over 10 months. scammer.

In December of 2018, I Steve Hauseman sent a item (sponge bob stuffed sponge bob ) to animal lover via express mail. Yes I was wrong for sending this item to him without being paid first. He promised to send the money and he wanted it before Christmas for a gift. So, nice guy me sent this to him via express mail. The item was only $8.00 dollars but sending it was a total of $21.00. To this day this person has not sent me the payment. I have ask very nicely to sent the money or send back the item. I always hear that he will or he asked his mom to send it. It has been 10 months.. I would really like Letgo to ban this person from trying to scam anyone else. He admitted scamming me and said he will not pay. Calling me names and very much making me mad. I would really appreciate Letgo to ban this person. He says he is a 14 year kid. Another reason to stop him from trying to scam anyone else..I was wrong for sending anything without being paid. Lesson learned. My email address is [protected]@yahoo.com Could you please reply to me and tell me what has been done about this problem person. My phone number is [protected] if you want to call.. I ask him everyday to please send the item back or send me the money..Today 9/1/2019 he said he sold the item. If you look at his picture of profile, it is sponge bob. I have sold a few items here on Letgo and I really would like him banned. I do not think I will ever get my money, but to have him removed from this site might save someone from being scammed. Thank you for your time in reading this. Please let me know what has been done or what can be done..

• Updated by steve hauseman · Sep 02, 2019

Never sell to a person called "animal lover" Get the money first no matter what. Scammer

• Updated by steve hauseman · Sep 10, 2019

This is a sad site I feel. No one has done ANYTHING to stop the bad apples from Scamming. I have written 2 complaints about a user named "animal lover" and nothing has been done. No one has contacted me about this issue. Watch out people. Letgo does not care. Very poor operation and very angry about their support team. He should be banned. Admitted being a scammer. Terrible

iphone 7 plus

I contacted this person about an iPhone 7 Plus that they were selling for $100 in the description it explained why they were selling it and why they were selling it at that price as im asking them for the last time has it shipped because they said they weee going to ship it immediately and I sent the money using Facebook because cash app wasn't working I go back on letgo to see if they shipped it and they blocked me idk why they blocked me maybe because I kept asking if they shipped it but I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a scam now I'll never know if it is because I can't communicate with the seller anymore.. only way I'll really know if it's real is if it shows up to my house foreal or not

counterfeit check

I listed some tires and wheels on the Letgo site and had someone that was interested in purchasing the items from me. I was selling the items for $2300 which the person agreed to. They sent me a cashier's check from the Murray State Credit Union in Kentucky totaling $4, 980. They said they wanted me to send the remaining balance to the people that would be picking up the wheels and tires. I deposited the funds into my bank account and sent $2, 500 to the one individual that was supposed to pick up the items.

The person first wanted me send the funds to a person named Michael Campbell, only to later change the recipient to a person name Adejoke. The funds were transferred to this person's account via the Zelle app. The person that received the funds email address is [protected]@gmail.com. The person's cell number that reached out to me on Letgo is [protected] but I never got their name.

I checked my account this morning and noticed that my account was deducted $4, 980. I called my bank and a representative told me that the check was counterfeit.

I'm sure they are using this scam on other people on Letgo. Feel free to contact me at [protected] if you have additional questions.

They have to be caught and brought to justice.

Adonus

counterfeit check

locked out of my account

Today, August 29 2019, I was locked out of my account. I had been using it to buy things from people and out of the blue it was locked. From what I think was a breach of terms and conditions, but I don't know how. There was no harassment, no adult content, nothing of the sorts. I am not unable to make and account or sign in to my existing one. I went to the guidelines, I did not do anything against what they said. I did not break the terms and conditions. My account is just locked.

fraud alert

Hello,

I recently sold a couch to letgo user Jeanette Gage. Turns out her and her "step dad" completely scammed me and the check that originally cleared, just bounced back. Now I'm out a lot of money. Is there ANYTHING i can do? Really need to get my money back.

Now her account in my messages says "Account pending moderation."

Thanks,
Brittany

iphone

friday august 23, 2019 i talked with a lady that said her son had an iphone for free and all we had to do wa...

Scammed on an iphone xr

My son and I went to Camarillo, CA. yesterday afternoon to buy and iphone XR and the guy was so nice and told us it was unlocked. He claimed he paid $250 a month ago and sold it to us for $130 as he could not get into it. Come to find out the phone is icloud locked so we cannot get it activated and it is not unlocked from any carrier. We got the phone # for him and he said if we need anything to let him know. We tried to contact him and he blocked my son from Letgo and he refuses to give us our money back. He scammed us and I am not only reporting him to you but I am reporting him to the police and letting them know you allow for scammers to sell on your site and take advantage of young people. HE IS FRAUD AND YOU BETTER DO SOMETHING OR I WILL SUE YOU.

His name is Rudy Castro and his phone # is [protected] and hope he didn't lie about that or change his #. He is refusing to make things right.

unethical behavior; app being used for sexual activity.

I was looking on letgo on my boyfriends phone. When I went to his messages I found hundreds of messages from people wanting to meet up for sex. He has been using the app to meet with locals for sex. I am unsure if he has been paying or if they have or if no one has. But this app could possibly be used for prostitution here in Okaloosa and Walton county Florida. I feel violated and disgusted at this point and think he should be blocked off of the website and things should be looked into as far as the website goes bc it's not being used just for what it's made for. Illegal activity is being done also.

someone who is selling a car

Well I was on on the app and a person who says it's ashely wilson, but really it's a guy due to u can tell when he took pictures of the car there is a shadow of a male, he scam me for 1200 witch now I wil not get back he created a fake ebay account and pretended he was from ebay. That person is a scam. Please do something about that person he will just keep scamming people for the money and that's not right. I was looking to buy a new car and now I don't even have money to buy a car so I have to start all over again because I don't believe I be able to get my 1200 back.

• Updated by Nicole Liebzeit · Aug 20, 2019

Today i went to check if the person the scam me still was doing it and he is still creating different account names to scam people. Something needs to be done because if y'all just delete his account he will keep making new once and reposting the pics and keep scamming people. He now had 2 different cars on this app and something had to happen either got police involved because that's what i had to do.

• SubSquirrel Aug 20, 2019

Ashley is a male name as well as female.

How did you pay for the car? Unless you were dumb enough to pay cash, you can get your money back.

Did you get an address for the person? Did you see the car in person to verify the details? Did you get the license plate number?

• Ni
    Nicole Liebzeit Aug 20, 2019

@SubSquirrel They created a eBay account and had me do gift cards like they are good at what they doing, because the. I called eBay and ask if they have anything and they said no he created a eBay account and portended to be eBay as well

SCAM- fraudulent activity .

I Have been defrauded for $2400 on a item I have for sale on your website. I want these people shut down ASAP you need to investigate this and take it very seriously as I do. Please let me know what steps I need to take to clear this up and not let this happen to anyone else!😡😡 This is my second notice to you, I haven't heard a word back!!😡

• SubSquirrel Aug 18, 2019

You take your chance selling your items on a website without buyer and seller protection.

This isn’t LetGo complaints forum and I doubt that they read the site.

fraud account

The person I was in contact with for buying a product is fraudulent. I was willing to meet at Starbucks for...

Letgo

homes for rent scam

Why are you allowing home and rental scams on your site. there are several homes for rent in the colorado springs area + other areas that are being scammed. alert — standar llc scammer. home for rent advertised by this scumbag below... please remove him, send a virus to his ip address or something.

$850
House for rent 2br 1ba
6 days ago
Beautiful, wonderfully-kept home! two bedrooms, living room and dining room, kitchen with tons of cabinets! lots of storage in this unit. upper level of a duplex. walk to memorial park; walk or bike to downtown! well-kept, fenced yard; lawn care included in rent price! large laundry room with washer and dryer provided! garage parking plus storage; central ac; pets permitted with owner approval.

• Se
    seo tool Aug 13, 2019

great man really love his expertise pro money saving tips are always enable us to save money and also you can do fisshiering in different cities like manchester

• Se
    seo tool Aug 13, 2019

@seo tool https://promoneysavings.com/

apple watch sell scam

This person has posted some items on Letgo app.She asks for money transfer in order to ship the product.I have transferred money to buy Apple Watch .After receiving money she haven't shipped the product.Upon asking about the product shipping she told me that she have lost the receipt of shipment.I have called her several times and messaged her over chat.From that day she is not picking up my calls. She have blocked me on let go app as well.How can I get my money back from her?
Letgo app should take immediate actions on this SCAM .Her account is still active and she will rob other people's money as well.Let go should provide strict identity verification and buyer protection.

apple watch sell scam

can't see buyers messages

I have been selling on Let Go for a couple years now. At first, I may have had a problem with the app or website every now and then, but in the last 6 months, the messages from buyers have went from sometimes having problems with the messages dissaoearing, and I would reboot my phone or log out and back in of Let Go and the messages would re appear, but now, every person who sends me a message, I can view the header, but as soon as I click on the message all I can see is the buyers name and information, No message what so ever! And God forbid if you try to provide the buyer with your phone number or email All of the sudden you are now some kind of fraudulent Crackhead who is trying to deceive the buyer simply because I offered my phone number! Rediculous! This needs to end! I have sold on several other websites, Offer Up, eBay, Amazon, Mercari, Bonanza, and Never had this problem before! To me it doesn't make any since. I can't help but wonder, if Let Go were making money off every sale would these problems still exist? Doubt it very seriously! Someone help if you can PLEASE!!!

car sale

PROFILE/USER= Roger Neal. Claimed had a 2001 Honda Accord for Sale in Rodeo, CA. Texted with him over the app. Said had title in hand and was from a tow company looking to sell the car. Seemed reasonable. Drove to Rodeo-could not figure out how to get into the tow yard. So I yelled through the locked gate to see if anyone was there. An older woman came out and asked what I was looking for. When I told her I was there to look at the car she sighed and explained I was like the 20th person to come by. More than a few people had Venmo'd this guy money to put a deposit to hold the car. They were obviously furious. I hadn't given any money to anyone so I was just frustrated and disappointed. When I text Roger Neal back to inform him I'd just come from the tow yard and his whole scam had been explained to me, he blocked me. DON'T reply to this guy and anything he posts isn't real. Do NOT give anyone money in advance. This Roger Neal guy needs to come off the app ASAP.

iphone

We chatted about a listing on the app letgo, we met up in person.. I was purchasing an iphone and when I went to connect it, it was reported, lost stolen.. I asked her all these questions before purchasing..Then when I tried contacting her she blocked me... She scammed me $150!!! She even gave me her number but of course she didn't answer... Person who committed Fraud!!!

• Updated by Gorjess19 · Aug 01, 2019

We chatted about a listing, we met up in person.. I was purchasing an iphone and when I went to connect it, it was reported, lost stolen.. I asked her all these questions before purchasing?? Then when I tried contacting her she blocked me... She robbed me $150.. I doubt I can get my money back but i just want to report this theif!!! Her name is Robin Roberts!!

fraud by users ashley brown and cortney collins

I provided down payment for a vehicle to hold th evehicle for two days for my sons first car purchase. After...

apartment rental

On 7/1/19 I responded to [protected]@RPMREALTY to see a 2br apt. in Lynwood Ill. I old her that I was a middle...

2006 suzuki

I am on Letgo in Richmond, VA. I recently expressed interest in a motorcycle for sale on that site. When it...

harassment

I was a harassed by a young gentlemen about a week ago making sexual advances towards me and being extremely inappropriate . I had triee blocking him multiple times but it wouldnt work but eventually after pushing the block button w dozen times it finally worked . today i received a facebook friend request from the same gentlemen and it concerns me greatly how he was able to find me. It makes me scared that apparently through the app someone has access to my personal information and can send me feiend requests to my social media