LensCrafterscustomer service

I ordered glasses for my son on July 13-2011. On July 23-2011 they came in but they were wrong. I was not mad or upset. Mistakes happen and we are all human. What I did not expect was that it would take until July 10 for them to come in again. To me, when a mistake has been made you should do everything possible to correct the mistake as soon as possible. When I called the store to check and see if they had come in they said "no the lab does not allow us to put a rush on an order". The peole at lenscrafters could have cared less if I cancelled to order. When I picked up the glasses they tried to give me a discount but it was not about money it was about Lenscrafters customer service policy that evidently the lab get to set for the company. There is too much competition to have a customer wait almost a month for glasses. I will not go back to Lenscrafters for glasses unless the policy is changed. My family has bought three pairs of glasses in the last year. I guess Lenscrafter does not care about the customer!!!

RESOLVED

• LensCrafters's response · Aug 16, 2011

Hi I'm Holly w/ LensCrafters. I am very sorry to hear your sons glasses were delayed, and that you were unhappy with the customer service provided as well. I would be happy to investigate this issue and bring it to the attention of the Manager of this location. Please contact me at [protected]@LensCrafters.com. Please provide the name the order was placed under, and any additional details that may be helpful. You may also call [protected] for assistance. Anyone here will be able to help! :)

• Mo
    Motts Aug 18, 2009

I placed my order for new glasses on a Friday evening. The young lady was very pleasant, but obviously new to the job, and another coworker corrected the prescription data, which resulted in a lower cost. When I picked up my glasses the next day, I couldn't see very well. The glasses are for computer use and the saleswoman told me to try them for a few days. Once I got home, I realized that when I covered my right eye, I couldn't see out of the left lenses at all! I had to return to my dr's office who verified that the prescription was wrong. I returned to LensCrafters with my dr's note that the left lens wasn't ground correctly. The salesman said, "oh well, mistakes happen, they'll be ready tomorrow morning." I returned - for the fourth time - at 1:20 in the afternoon the next day to find that the glasses were not ready for pick up. When I explained that I was back for the fourth time, the saleswoman looked at her watch and made a face. After waiting about 10 minutes, I finally left with glasses I could use. I will not use this store again and I will tell my family and friends about my experience.

annc2 Oct 19, 2009

I have been a LensCrafter’s customer for many years.
    Two years ago (2007) I purchased a pair of Prada glasses (multi focal) at the Braintree store. The ear piece disconnected from the frame, I wore my old Ann Klein’s for a while then went back to LensCrafter’s. I was told they could not be fixed.
    I purchased a pair of Burberry frames and lenses that day. I was upset that the glasses could not be fixed and in December of 2009 I returned to the store to buy sun glasses. The service was so rude I vowed never to return. I went to a local store and bought sunglasses and they fixed my Prada frames for FREE. Granted they were not perfect but they have been wearable for a year.
    Last month while on vacation (out of the country) my Burberry frames had the same problem. I went back to the Braintree store and “signed in”. Two other customers walked in and were taken ahead of me. I waited 15 minutes or so and then showed my glasses to a sales person. He asked when I purchased them and I told him the exact date because I had just looked it up myself on my sales slip. The date was 9/29/09. He said it is beyond one year but “let me check”. After giving my name and every phone number possible he could not find my records. I wonder what happened to them?
    That is the last time I will enter a LensCrafters Store. Your employees are condescending and have been rude. I will share my story with anyone who will listen as well as consumer websites.
    You must do something to improve your customer service.

• Op
    opticalnerd Dec 21, 2010

When you buy a designer frame, in my experience, you are paying for the name and some fancy decor but not necessarily for a better quality frame. Most frames offered by lenscrafters are of similar quality with the exception of some titanium frames that last longer (and even those break at solder point). So if you are thinking of buying a fancy designer frame, remember that you are paying for the latest styles and name...(in my opinion from working 4 yrs in an optical store).

• Ki
    Kissy Lucombe Jun 06, 2016

I have worked for Lens Crafters for Five Weeks, and still have not received a paid check, I'm very disappointed in the company, for treating their employees like this, this has given me reason to leave the company..