L'Core Pariscustomer service in kailua - kona, hi

L

First, I would like to publicly apologize to the customer service staff at the Kailua-Kona location because today I made a very inappropriate, implicitly racist comment to the staff while I was with a friend who had gone back to the store to return the products she purchased, yesterday. The staff was failing to produce the receipt for her purchase, which they had promised to send via email, but did not. When we went back to the store the next morning the staff refused to accept her return for product she had been coaxed into purchasing ($471 worth). She was returning her purchase, unopened and in compliance with the 24 hour return policy. I, regrettably wondered out loud if, "this is how they do business in Israel?" My comment implied that because these particular people were not honoring their own return policy that all people from Israel must have bad business practices. I know that is an absolutely unfair catagorization of Israeli people. I understand that the customer service people at the Kailua- Kona store are not representative of all people from Israel, and that the fact that these three people were all from Israel has nothing to do with the fact that their business practices are unscrupulous. I acknowledge that my comment was insensative stereotyping, and that there is no excuse for my prejudice. I am not justifying it or excusing it. I hope that I am taking adequate steps to right that wrong. I accept responsibility for my part in this deplorable exchange, and sincerely apologize to all the good people of Israel who would be injured by my words, including the staff at L'Core.

Other words were said, particularly by one of the male staff members. I know if I had been a customer in that store and he had been trying to sell me skin care products he would have been very complimentary, and charming. That is a big part of the sales game the staff at L'Core employ, to make sales. However, as I was only a person aiding a friend to get her rightful refund, he treated me with disrespect and venom. Among other things he disparaged me due to my fatness, pulled a wad of money out of his pocket and offered to buy me McDonald's, and said that if he looked like me he would "kill himself". He attributed a person's value/raison de vivre, to their physical attractiveness. This assertion is ridiculous in general, but also ironic because if he took a good look in the mirror he might realize that he too is far from the physical ideal. Not that I would suggest he kill himself over it. That being said, his behavior does not justify my behavior nor vice versa. We were both disrepectful and wrong. We might both try to be better people and focus on who we are on the inside.

Generally, the whole exchange was very, very hurtful, messy and unnecessary. Kailua-Kona is a small town that welcomes all people, and as a member of this community I hope to reflect that same attitude. I hope we can all learn something from this unfortunate exchange. I know I am still learning, and I will continue to examine why I said what I said.

• Ro
    Robyn Bates Blake Aug 28, 2018

I and my mother were in the King's Shops in Kona and were inticed into the L'core by first given a sample and then urged to come and sit and let the girl apply their product that was supposedly the best thing since slice bread as far as skin care. It was first applied to my mom under her eyes and there was a difference. Then she applied it to me and I saw some difference. As the sales person went on calling me honey, my love and such and acted like she was my best friend, it got to the point she went and stood by my mom and said to me -"You don't want to look like her" How offensive could she be. Then tried to pressure me into buying the cream with the cleanser products as a free gift, put the products in a bag and instructed me to just hold the bag. I told her that I would have to talk to my husband about spending that kind of money and she asked where he was that she would talk to him. I did not tell her where he was and I walked out of the store with the comment being the deal was on the table for 20 minutes- good thing she didn't say longer cause she would be waiting for a long time. I had no intention of going back. If I did go back it would have been to tell her how upset and disgusted I was that she insulted my mother. STAY CLEAR OF THE L'CORE PARIS STORE IN KINGS SHOP KONA- DON'T BUY ANYTHING THERE - VERY PRESSURED SALES TACTICS.

• Tp
    Tpring Jun 07, 2018

I was on the Big Island in February 2018 and two days before leaving I, relucantly, accepted the invitation by one of the sales people at L’Core in Kailua-Kona to try one of their products. Although I was reluctant, knowing the `sales pitch’ and `games’ that often comes with sales people, I take full responsibility for the purchases I made. I actually did see a change in the puffiness under my eyes, so did trust the product.

Since I left the Big Island shortly after buying the product I didn’t use it until I returned home. When I tried to use the Black Truffle Line Correction, the syringe did not work...nothing would come out. It just malfunctioned. I contacted the L’Core Kona store and spoke with Lucas, the store manager. I explained the situation with the syringe and he asked me to call him the following Monday and give him my contact information so he could send me a replacement. This I did and he said the replacement would arrive in 6-8 business days.

After waiting for over 2 weeks, I called Lucas again; no answer, so I left a message. I also texted him with the same message and to my delight he responded to my text saying that he would send me a replacement and the tracking number. Great! I thought...he is honouring his ageement and sending a replacement. And naturally I would return the malfunctioning syringe upon receipt of the replacement.

To make a rather long story short: I never got the tracking number or the replacement. I tried for over a month to talk with him...all my phone calls and messages and text messages were ignored. What to do next? I wasn’t going to give up!

I then decided to call the L’Core Headquarters in Las Vegas to get their help. I talked with several lovely ladies in their customer service department. To my delight they would send me a line correction replacement even though L’Core Kona is not part of the US L’Core company...they are an independent store.

Today, June 7, I received my replacement...over 3 months after my original purchase...but, TO BE NOTED, not from the source of my original purchase, L’Core Kona and its manager Lucas.

L’Core Las Vegas honors and respects their customers and puts customer satisfaction as a priority. My gratitude to them for following through with what they say and believe in, especially since I did not purchase the products from one of their company stores. Unfortunately, there is no way I can say the same for L’Core Kona and its manager Lucas. This store is giving the L’Core name a bad reputation.

CAUTION to everyone: DO NOT PURCHASE anything from the L’Core location in Kona. Not because of the L’Core products, but because of the unethical and dishonourable business practices of the manager (and owner?), Lucas.

• Ki
    Kileyozzy May 07, 2018

My name is Kiely, I am a 55 years old housewife from Sydney, Australia. I was stopped by a guy called Dr.Lucas in Waikoa, Big Island, Hawaii in a cosmetic store in the King shopping center.
    Lucas claimed he is a skin specialist from Italy and his main specialty is face and neck lift. His girlfriend, a Russian woman named Victoria was inside the store. Lucas flirted with me at the door while passing me gently to the Russian lady. He asked her to "fix my eyes". That young lady had a disturbing face; she has serious acne scars on her cheeks and nose, it almost as if hre face was caught in a fire. She claimed it was way worst and she told me that "Dr.Lucas" saved her skin. To make a long story short, they charged me over 5000$ for face products claiming it will help my acne issues as well. Sadly, a day after I got a horrible rash all over my face and neck. When's I got back to the store my husband asked to speak with, Lucas, the manager aka the owner. After several attempts to get our money back, the Russian girl kicked us out of the store claiming there's nothing they can do. The same day, my husband found out from one of the local stores that the couple are scammers.

The young woman's real name is Ksenia, the locals said that she is his mistress. The owner's real name is Nir and not only he is not Italian but he has no medical certificate or qualifications to provide anyone skin care. When my husband confronted him about it, he claimed there's nothing he can do to help us and he left the store with the Russian girl. When we turned to the other worker, he pretended he doesn't understand English. A week ago, my sister told me that the same guy opened a new store in Kona. If the owner is an Israeli, red head called Lucas (Nir) and and a scared face woman called Victoria (Ksenta) - stay away! please do not buy from that couple!

Lucas is a scammer and a thief!!!