La Quinta Inns & Suites — hotel - queens new york
We recently made reservations at the La Quinta Inn in Queens, NY for Thursday, September 26 and Saturday, September 28th. Check in on Thursday was smooth and was content with the hotel and price we paid for (CAA rate at $108 usd). Upon check in we mentioned that we also had a Saturday reservation and that we would be back and hoped to get the same room as it was near the back entrance of the hotel, the gentlemen at the front said he would try his best.
On Saturday, September 28th we got to the hotel at around 3:30pm and was in the process of checking in when the gentlemen said our reservation was cancelled that morning. I was confused and shocked at the same time because why would we cancel a hotel especially at the rate I got it for. He said it could be that I called in to cancel or that my CC didn't go through. When I made the reservation they mentioned that the CC would not be charged until we checked in and provided the card, I gave the same card info when I had booked the Thursday and had no problems check-in. This was a total inconvenience as we were left scrambling with no hotel room. He mentioned he can give me a king bed for double the price. I don't typically complain about these type of stuff but this was the worst experience I had ever had. There needs to be a better way of handling things like this and not just say "oh you must've cancelled your room" I'd like to actually pull the call saying I would like to cancel my room. I would like someone to contact me about this and figure out a way to handle this moving forward.
More La Quinta Inns & Suites Complaints & Reviews
- La Quinta Inns & Suites - charged twice 
- La Quinta Inns & Suites - hold on debit card
- La Quinta Inns & Suites - $50.00 incidental charge
- La Quinta Inns & Suites - incomplete dental crown service since 11/2009 
- La Quinta Inns & Suites - overcharged 
- La Quinta Inns & Suites 31 W 71st New York, New York. 10023 - front desk attendant and elevator
- La Quinta Inns & Suites - disgusting room/ health hazard
- La Quinta Inns & Suites - bad experience 
- La Quinta Inns & Suites - bed bugs & staph infection
- La Quinta Inn Valdosta GA - employee