LA Fitness — membership cancellation
I went into the LA Fitness (Seattle /Aurora location) to cancel my membership in late September. They said they could not cancel it at that moment, but that I would have to submit a cancellation form (which they gave me) to their head office by snail mail. I objected and asked why I could not cancel immediately in person. They said it was their policy. I sent in the form and received no confirmation. When my Master Card bill arrived, I noticed that there was another charge dated October 4th. I decided to let it go, thinking that it took awhile to process the cancellation. In November, I checked my Master Card account online and saw that they had charged me again in November. I called the local office to complain and they said my cancellation had been post marked in mid October and because of some 20 day rule I was charged in November, but would not be charged again. On November 10th, I received an email stating that my cancellation had been received on November 5th. This time I called the head office and was told that my cancellation letter had been post marked on November 5th, the approximate day of my phone call to the local office. I told the rep that was a lie. She said they had a copy of my postmarked envelope and asked if I had sent my cancellation letter certified to prove that I had sent it in earlier. I said no, but if they could send me a copy of the postmarked envelope I would not contest the charge. She said she could not do that. I said that I would refuse to pay the charge and would file a complaint with M/C.
More LA Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- LA Fitness - confessions of a former la fitness employee
- LA Fitness - la fitness membership cancellation cheating!
- LA Fitness - inappropriate behavior at la fitness!
- LA Fitness - swimming pool
- Lafitness-Personal Training - misleading/scam
- LA Fitness - personal training contracts
- LA Fitness - fitness trainers
- LA Fitness - rude front desk with harassing closing announcements
- LA Fitness - staff professionalism and competence
- LA Fitness - very bad service