The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Kwik Fit — Beware Kwik Fit
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I visited a Kwik-Fit garage (on Balham High Road) to have the coolant level topped up and my tires filled with air.
I am heavily pregnant, and have a 3 year old child, and told the mechanic I was making a long journey that day. Shortly thereafter I was told that 3 of my tyres needed replacing due to 1 having a slice in the side wall and 2 others having low tread depth. For this I was charged £500.00 (down from an initial quote of £550). The mechanic was adamant that there was no choice as the tires were not safe.
I was shocked at both the cost and the fact that the tyres were apparently not fit for purpose. I have since done the following:
• As the car had a full MOT just over 2 weeks earlier. I have since contacted the MOT centre and they confirm that the tyres were completely safe and had more than an estimated years additional wear left in them; and
• The cost of Vauxhall Vectra tyres should be closer to £70 each not £180 each. This price has been confirmed by 2 additional garages.
I had no idea Kwik Fit were up-sellers and assumed their employees were professionals as they are such a large company.
More Kwik Fit Complaints & Reviews
- Kwik Fit - Ripping people off
- Kwik Fit - Unprofessional, inexperience and incompetent Service and MOT
- Kwik Fit - Where do i start?
- Kwik Fit - Wages
- Kwik Fit - Stay away
- Kwik - Fit - Never Again
- Kwik Fit - poor customer service ref: kf60-6003045
- Kwik Fit - Rip off
- Kwik Fit - Poor Work
- Kwik Fit - Air Conditioning Service