Koodocharging for calls to free phone (800) numbers

L

I am a customer of Koodo mobile and pay a monthly fee for my phone bill. I do not have a contract with them. I got my recent phone bill and on it I am being charged for calls to 800 numbers. They told me they could charge this fee for connection. I recently changed phone plans. My previous plan had a limit of 150 minutes before I am charged for calls. Because I went over my allocated 150 minutes per month, they say they can charge me for calls to free phone (800) numbers. I was charged a total of $38.16 for these calls, not including taxes.

My question is - is this illegal? I got no satisfaction when I spoke to them today.

Christopher Borger Sep 18, 2019

It is illegal. Join me in lawsuit against Koodoo and their parent company Telus.
    Chris Borger on Facebook or email me [email protected]