Kmartnot meeting a confirmed hiring appointment

I applied via computer for a Loss and Recovery Associate at the above address and was scheduled for a 3:00 P.M. interview with the Human Resources Dept.on October 22nd, however, after sitting my day aside for this appointment and travelling 30 miles one way to meet this appointment, I was not seen. Why?

I arrived 15 minutes early and waited to the appropriate time, entered the office area, and looked for Human Resources office, found it, knock on closed door with no response. After standing around reading all the memo's, fire evacuation routes, etc.on the bulletin boards, a gentleman entered the area nodding his head acknowledging my presence, unlocked a door and disappeared. Five minutes later walked back out and which time I asked him, if the Human Resources person was present, that I had a 3:00 P.M. interview? He stated the Human Resources person is on vacation all week, go up front of the store and tell them and sign a book, they will call you later. I was shocked, thinking with the high technology available, telephones, e-mail's, or someone taking that extra step could not call me and cancel my interview and explain what happen. Yes, a emergency came up, but vacation, I was not impressed one bit and very disappointment in the fact that no one approached me and challenging me in the office area, and can only assume that this store is managed by very poor management or no management. I'am a retired military person, 20 years in the USAF, Law Enforcement and Security career field, a Law Enforcement Officer, 18 years with Wackenhut Security Services, contract with CIA and worked on a security proposal for NASA at all sites, been self employed the past 7 years as a security consultant with Department of Energy, and always worked with professional people. I and my spouse worked at K-Mart a few years back and what a change in attitude of employees, the handling of possible future employees, the overall appearance of the store, etc. I'am seriously now cnsidering, do I really want to work for a unprofessional company, that I just observed and waste their time, and mine?

Certainly, hope you straighten out this store ASAP or expect closure soon, if not already on the closure list.

• Do
    donna holleritter Nov 27, 2007

receipt #[protected]
    I really would enjoy being able to take this survey. I could really use a $2,500 gift card since I am on social security disability (a fixed income) and some months it gets a little rough finding enough money for grocieries at the end of the month. If I can't complete the survey then I won't be able to enter the drawing. I would really appreciate it if you would make the website available. Thank you.

• B
    B Nov 27, 2007

I had a hard time also, but the last try I went to Google and type in kmartfeedback.com without the www and it popped up and I took the survey.

• Sh
    sharon jo sommerfield Nov 28, 2007

there is no site that has a survey you can complete and have a chance to win $2500

Carol Vinci Dec 01, 2007

see under K-Mart-it won't post or something! I tried 3 times now, and I did use the confirmation code properly!

Carol Vinci Dec 01, 2007

see under K-Mart

• Me
    Meta OHare Dec 03, 2007

Chance to win $2,500 no such site or it is always down, I see it as a scam.

• Pa
    Pat Delaney Dec 03, 2007

THEY SAY ON THEIR RECEIPT TO GO TO KMART.COM AND REGISTER TO WIN A $2500 GIFT CERTIFICATE BY GIVING THEM YOUR EXPERIENCE THERE. THERE IS NO SUCH AREA ON THEIR WEBSITE TO FILL OUT THIS INFO. THIS IS FALSE ADVERTISING AND FALSE INFORMATION. EITHER UPDATE THE WEBSITE OR GET RID OF THIS CRAP OFF OF THE RECEIPT!

James J. Durrant Dec 04, 2007

They want you to take a survey Offering a possibility of winning $2,500. The site is non-existing. There is no such survey!

catherine madison lowder Dec 10, 2007

Non-existent website to give feedback, and be entered in sweepstakes for a chance to win a 2,500.00 gift card at k-mart.

Linda J. Brandenburg Dec 14, 2007

Items advertised were not available; employees were not familiar with sales items; could not get anyone to help with heavy items; only one checkout was open during the holiday shopping season.

Cash register receipt offered opportunity to register for a K-Mart gift card in return for providing feedback about shopping experience. Website listed for survey did not have any information about the gift card or the feedback survey.

• Sh
    shannon ellis Dec 15, 2007

I tried to access the kmartfeedback site and found this site instead... I was also told the site is down... No wonder they are going out of business they are not trust worthy... If they know the site is down they should remove the program from their system so that the survey will no longer print on the customers receipt until they get the site back up... This is bad business on kmarts part... All thats going to happen is they will end up with upset customers and a loss in business that will finally make them hit rock bottom once and for all...

• Ge
    Gerald O'Neil Dec 16, 2007

After making a purchase I logged on to the above site to give my feed back on my purchase and the web site was down. According to other messages I am not the first have this experience. Not a good PR approach.

christine gavrielides Dec 17, 2007

Says on receipt to go to website to enter to win 2500 dollar gift card before the 7 days of your receipt is up, there is no such website to enter or take the survey mentioned, am very disappointed in this finding.

Jonathan M. Herman Dec 18, 2007

Advertised a $2500 survey contest if I went to the kmartfeedback site and did a survey. When I went to the site all I found were complaints about the fraudulent survey. I have to agree with the rest of the people. This was and is BAD business to advertise this contest and then have people willing to participate and go to the trouble of looking up this site and find the BOMB. Come on now... that is really BAD BUSINESS!

Andrice Williams Dec 19, 2007

web site was not up and running, and no clue when it would be.

• Te
    Teri Waldrep Dec 20, 2007

I made a purchase at k-mart on 12/18/07 and on the receipt there was a on-line survey and a chance to win a $2,500.00 k-mart gift card for telling them about my experience at the store. On 12/20/07 I try to find the web site (kmartfeedback.com) to take the survey only to find out that there is no such web site.

Why would they advertise something on the receipt that is totally bogus...

Teri:

I just tried the website & it works to me. It forwards you to this website:

Try that and see if it works!

Scott Johnson Dec 20, 2007

As of 20 Dec 2007 23:29 EST the website is working for me. It redirects you to another website which is:

Try the above website and see if it works for you. It should be up and working.

Scott Johnson Dec 20, 2007

As of 23:20 EST on 20 Dec 2007 the website is working for me. It redirects you to a website which is:

Try to go to that website and see if it works for you.

• Sy
    Sylvia Cerrillo Dec 24, 2007

I am writing you to let you know how unhappy I am with the layaway department at K Mart on Atrisco and Central. On Thursday November 22, 2007 I went in and shopped for hours on Thanksgiving day. I got alot of my Christmas shopping done supposedly ahead of time. My layaway was for $137 and I put $40 down. I went back for it the following weekend and it was lost. I had got things that were on sale that day only. It was not my fault the layaway was lost. I had my receipt and I feel that I should have been able to receive the same merchandise even though it was no longer on sale. I lost time shopping that day to end up having to start all over again. My family started Thanksgiving without me.

• Da
    Dan Block Dec 24, 2007

I believe that you cannot find a worst K-Mart in this state. Absolutely no management. Very little to no services in any department. One time I waited 20 minutes for someone to answer a question in a department and that person didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Very little or no service at the checkout counter. Service desk has no manners and cannot resolve any problems. I have lived in this neighborhood all my life and watched this K-Mart being built. Every year the problems get worst. My answer to this problem, don't waste your money, Just Close them down.

Dan Block.

Norma J. Abraham Dec 28, 2007

Kmart had only two cashiers the day before and the day after Christmas, causing long lines, especially if there was a problem like price checking (which happened a lot). There were about 6 other stations that could have been opened. I know they are in trouble and trying to save money. If they had good customer service and not import so many junk dangerous Chinese things, they would be in better shape!

Janet Ward Dec 28, 2007

I visited your store in Grove City, Ohio, to my disappointment the store was a mess. I know that after the Christmas rush there should be a little mess, trying to sort holiday goods from normal goods, but the whole store was in shambles and very dirty. The place looked like a thirst store that people dropped off their unwanted goods.

I usually shop K-Mart at Hamilton & Refugee Rd., where they have cleaned up and organized their store where it is a pleasure to shop.

Anthony Walker Feb 03, 2008

If you want to sign up people for new credit cards then set up a place where they can do it, not in the checkout line. Its a bunch of crap to have to stand in line and wait for three people to complete the application for a card. Thats fifteen minutes longer than I want to stand in line. It won't happen with me again because i will drop whatever I purchased and leave.

I you that desperate to push these cards.

A. Walker.

Linda Burke Feb 10, 2008

I have NEVER seen a store in such a mess as this store (even in the bad cities the stores were in better shape) If I were the manager of this store I'd be ashamed of the job I was doing. As an employee in retail for several years I was astounded by this store (3rd time in this store)We came in to have our pictures taken. When we walked in this store the beepers were going off as a man walked out the door no one made any effort to check his bags or talk with him (loss prevention is obviously NOT a concern in this store) As we walked around the store stationary was scattered in the isle it was like someone took their arm and ran it across the shelves,to knock everything on the floor. The cleareance section was just as bad.The store is not to concern about customers falling or getting hurt ""hello LAWSUIT" and believe me if I were a con or a scammer I'd fall on purpose to get free $$$,and I'd WIN because the store was really in this condition!!! and with camera cell phones it would be hard for the store to denie that it was that disorganized. As we went through the store we noticed the sporting goods was unattended by an associate.That may not sound as a concern but you sell GUNS,so yeah it is a big concern to me as a shopper,and it should concern management especially if you just fired an employee who is not to happy about loosing his/her job.First easy access to the amo then break the cabinet to the guns they could go on a shooting spree... As we waited for our pictures to be taken I watched two young ladies go into the fitting room NO One was there to lead them in or to see them out and surprisingly they went in with and article of clothing and did not come out with it. Humm what do you think (((again LOSS PREVENTION is no issue in this store!!!))) So I was curious I went in just to see if they left that item in the dressing room,honestly it was hard to say I looked in several rooms and there was several articals of clothing in each one so maybe they did leave it in there. We had our pictures done and decided we had enough and wanted to get home .I used the bathrooms and they we nasty sad to say they are so close to the food court I would never eat here.We went to cash out and there were only two registers open at this time (6:00 p.m after work hours when customers would be coming in) stood in line about 5-8 minutes when we got up there we bought 2 sodas and sweatpants the cashier had to go up and get change (loose change) so other customers behind us were waiting longer than what we did.This cashier took her sweet time, when she came back she handed me my change never said sorry for the long wait in fact she was not to personable at all.

When I got home I called the store and spoke with a assistant manager Adam,very kind and understanding to what I shared with him in this store.he seemed concerned, he mentioned that the main manager was in stationary and this mess was his I couldn't believe it! Holy moly this is how a manager takes care of his store with no concern of the danger he himself put his customers in and to open the store to a law suit.

• Ci
    Cindy Feb 28, 2008

The bottom of the receipt says "Tell us about your experience and you could win a $2,500.00 Kmart gift card". Is this another way for us to hit this website and somebody gets money. Well it also says on the receipt, and they ask you when you check out, if you want to donate to the March of Dimes. Does that money really go to the March of Dimes?

Maggie Mar 20, 2008

There is no such a survey. I went directly to http:// tlgsurvey.com etc. and I was unable to write the last 3 digit
    numbers of my receipt number. It did'nt let me to continue to
    the next page, so there is no survey to complete. I think this is
    a fake. Shame on K-mart!

jaeri bruggeman Apr 15, 2008

They lead you to believe that there is a promotion by sending you to kmartfeedback.com.. What other false advertising is going on? I was duped, I'm sure I'm not alone.

• Ro
    robert haris Apr 26, 2008

KMART.COM IS A RIPPOFF, BEWARE!!!
    My wife bought a kitchen island from Kmart.com.
    It was around $300.00.

When it arrived it was badly damaged, so we called kmart.com to have it picked up and to get our refund.
    They said it would be picked up within a week, after about three weeks we called again, and was told they had no record of a pickup or us calling.

After another week it was picked up and then we waited for the charge to be taken off our card.

Two months latter we still did not have our refund, so we called again and were told that they had no record of our purchase, the pickup, or any phone calls.

And that IF we had bought anything from them WE were the ones who had to prove it!

The person was very rude, and when I made a comment about contacting bbb or or another agency to complain I was told " you can do what you want I dont care, Kmart doesn't care.

We talked to our credit card company, and had them send kmart the statment proving the purchase.

That was a month ago and still nothing back from them.

This is a SCAM, most people would give up and they know it. They keep your money and you get nothing.

I will tell everyone I know about this and post it as many places as I can .

• Le
    Lee May 02, 2008

My complaint is the same as the rest. No website for the $2500.00 feedback sweepstakes. My mother got hit with this one and asked me to do it for her, as she does own a pc.
    Really sad, as we where devoted K-mart shoppers, but I won't go back there now.

• Mi
    Mike May 02, 2008

As she "does" own a PC? That doesn't make sense. Do you ever check what you just typed?

Linda Kargle May 03, 2008

LIKE OTHERS I'VE READ HERE ARE LOOKING FOR THIS WEBSITE kmartfeedback.com TO ENTER TO WIN $2500.00 GIFT CARD WHEN YOU TELL ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE AT THE STORE...I'VE HAD GREAT EXPERIENCES AT K-MART WITH EVERY PURCHASE...BUT WOULD ALSO LIKE TO ENTER THIS CONTEST...PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS...THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

Sandra Kay Karl May 10, 2008

$2500 Survey fake? Kmart store # 7632 on 5/5/08 in Alexandria, MN. Reciept #[protected]. Please see to it that others are not mislead.

• Ar
    Art Ray May 20, 2008

Received receipt from shopping at K-Mart and it indicates you could win a $2500 gift card by participating in the survey. Survey site not available to enter comments in the survey and have a chance to win the gift card. Should not advertise if the survey site is not going to be available.

• Vi
    Vicki Dumars Jun 04, 2008

Did K-Mart decide to only use a website with fake information and eliminated phone numbers to call for the drawing of the $2, 500.00 gift card? Perhaps it is because there is no drawing but simply a way to average the amount of shoppers using the Hemet store?

• Lc
    L. Crenshaw Jun 04, 2008

I, too have tried to pull up this web site (www.kmartfeedback.com) and to no avail have I been able to pull this up to enter the survey. Every time I put in this web site address, I get the Kmart Complaint screen. It simply does not exist. I thought that everybody's comments were wrong, but I see they were right. This is useless, and false advertisement. This company would be represented a whole lot better without informing the general public of such information that does not exist.

• Je
    jeanette a camatti Jun 09, 2008

on the day of 6/08/08 i went to the k-mart in oak harbor on whidbey island and purchesed a 12 gage shot gun for fathers day. I was told thier were no boxes for this gun and filled out no federal paperwok. I walked out of their with writing them a check and was good to go. I went home and relized that i needed some pcs that were missing .So i called and talked to a very nice lady named kim she then call clen to come and help her out .Then glen calls me and tells me i have to make a special trip back to k-mart to fill out the federal background paperwork. That was a big hassel for me but i did due to i wanted the gun to be leagel. As i am a mother i think that they need to rethink about how they train. I could have had bullets in my pocket and they would have never know.Securiy was never called for any of this matter. The reason i want to complain is this was not a safe situation, i was scared for others after i started home.The fire arm is now filled out right and the backgroung check was clear. Please look into this and get back with me asap.

• Ji
    Jim Donovan Jun 13, 2008

I came in to K-mart to have batteries changed on two watches and a new watchband on one of them.
    "Can I help you, sir?"
    "I'd like a two new batteries and a new watchband."
    "Did you purchase these at Kmart?"
    "No."
    "Then I can't help you. We can only work on watches purchased at Kmart."
    "Why?"
    "It's our policy since the first of the year."
    "Then why was I able to get a new battery on Tuesday for one of my other watches here at Kmart? She asked if I purchased that watch from Kmart and said that she could not be held responsible if it was damaged and I said that it was a cheap watch and she changed the battery."
    "That was a violation of our policy. Do you know who it was?"
    "No." I did know that I was not going to turn someone in that gave me good service.
    When I was there on Tuesday I also went to the snack bar. How much money are you losing by this policy in other departments?

• Ka
    Kathie Herrman Jun 16, 2008

Same as about 1000 other customers, I
    tried to leave feed back on their bogus
    web site for a chance to win a $2500.00
    gift card. No such thing available!!
    K-Mart really does suckas Rainman said!

• Ge
    Gertrude Saunders Jun 19, 2008

Filled out and answer all questions concerning contest entry. Last question was e-mail address and validation. Answered correctly-kept telling me it was not valid. Entry was not taken.