KirbyVerbal Agreement

I was working with a dealer representative who is on my team, we had a few scheduled appointment's throughout our day to those who were interested in a free deep clean and shampoo. Before we left our office, a dealer representative and I was told by Mark Leppo (my boss) "If you sell any Kirby today, I am giving a 50/50 split profit to the both of you. Meaning that if you sell a Kirby at full price, you both split $1100. $550 for the both of you. Ok?" and then we both agreed and carried on.

We sell a Kirby at full price later that day. $2400--

Our field supervisor calls my partner after us selling a Kirby to an Amish home, and says. "Great, you both made $550 on that deal." So, for the past few days I've been excited and telling everyone who matters to me that I've made $550 today. I receive no phone call from Mark or his field supervisor about a change of pay as of this date.

Before I went to bed last night I wanted to call my partner to verify the sale, and to verify the amount of $ I was being paid. I had him agreeing that Mark Leppo told us that morning it was a 50/50 split deal. He wanted to make sure that our pay was correct, so my partner called our field supervisor that night.

The dealer representative then tells me that I am only getting 10% of that deal, because I was still training and that Mark was not aware of the fact that i'm 2 weeks new to the business. This was according to a conversation made by my partner dealer rep and field supervisor on my so called "team".

Mark Leppo of Distinktive Solutions, Inc. is currently ripping me off and stealing $300 out of my paycheck.

My field supervisor and Mark Leppo are doing this intentionally. There are no money mistakes, when business is involved.

Verbal Agreement

RESOLVED

I had to call the top dog of the company recruiter who hired me, and he resolved this matter himself. He said this was bad business to Mark, and Mark had no choice but to pay me the money that he had promised.

Marc Leppo Mar 24, 2018

"regardless of your background," did have 1 or 2 exceptions, still does... like when tier 1 sex offenders lie on job applications, for instance.
    "assault, 20+ years ago," has a very different ring to it, if one were to compare it to, say, "aggravated indecent assault," or the 2-3 additional sex offenses that captain comments was charged with, and convicted of.
    These guys don't just "play the victim"... it's a finely polished routine, a defense mechanism, reoccurring role that they've won like 5-6 emmys a piece for.
    As for the other felon that managed to squeak through the cracks (his offenses weren't megan's law related, fyi)-
    Taking hearsay, and turning it into gospel, especially when it comes to money, generally causes problems. this thread was started before the individual even attempted to contact the only person that had direct control over the amounts that appear on paychecks. I know we're going back some years, but still, shame on both of you guys for messing with that poor kid. he got every cent that was promised; despite the fact that the above mentioned 'partner' (manager that accompanied him into the demonstration appointment) kicked and screamed about it. this 'partner' was mainly empathizing with the poor lady (customer), however, who had to endure having dirt samples literally waved several inches from her face, by the person that posted this, before he finally got control over the situation and got the kid to sit down and shut up. our organization has never/will never condoned tactics of this nature. mistreating independent contractors or customers in this manner is not how companies manage to stay in business for over a century; ours has.

• Ho
    Honesty speaks Jan 12, 2014

I've worked with that company and Marc. Let me tell you what they promise isn't always done. Was told I'd have a job regardless of my past and shortly after working with the company and earning decent money, I was fired cause my background wasn't right. 24 year old record made me lose my job

Johnnyng Dec 18, 2013

I work for Kirby before back in 1990 in Queens New York, back then they did the same to me. they didn't even give me 10% they just say I was still in training, the didn't pay me, you know what I did, I wen to work the next day take the vacuum out of the office and keep it as my payment, two can play this game. LOL