Kirby VacuumKirby ruined my floor

C Review updated:

I purchased a Kirby vacuum cleaner and I hate it. It is so hard to use and it does not do what it is supposed to do. This vacuum that is supposed to have the best suction won't even pick up strings off the floor. I studied the instructions and followed directions to lower the beater brush because this was the answer to the problem according to their instruction manual. I started vacuuming my kitchen floor and bent down to pick something up that the vacuum would not, and it put a hole in the floor the entire length of the beater brush. Do not buy this vacuum it is a ripoff.

• Re
    Ren Hutchinson Jan 21, 2020

I too hate the Kirby vacuum we bought from a pushy salesman who knocked on our door. I was always skeptical especially about spending thousands on a vacuum. It is a pain to use. Its heavy cumbersome and I can't just easily switch to the upholstery hose while vacuuming like I used to be able to do on my Shark. I feel so ripped off. The suction is lousy and I'm always having to adjust until I just give up and pick up whatever debris or dirt with my fingers. I JUST HATE THIS VACUUM CLEANER and I know I won't even get a pittance back from what we paid for it if I sell it. I doubt it will even sell.

• Mr
    mr brown86 Mar 23, 2012

hey try this.. for the hard floors turn the belt off.. this will stop the beater brush from spinning, but when you are back on the carpet turn the belt back on, this will make the brush spin.. i think you probably might have some soft laminate flooring.. so the brush roll probably ate it all up.. that kinda sucks.. just try that out if you want