King SoopersAbusive to employees

J Review updated:

We are subject to Harsh Discipline.
If we forget to say "Congratulations, you have been chosen to apply for a King Soopers 123 rewards mastercard!"
We are automatically suspended.
There is favoritism toward teenagers. Teenagers do not get into trouble for talking amoungst themselves but if you are
over 30 you are expected to stay in your work area and keep working.
Or we will get in trouble.
No One deserves to be subjected to such a hostile working environment.

• Gm
    Gmlady Feb 04, 2021

King Soopers doesn't care if an employee gets COVID 19, They let customers come into the stores without mask. There have been associates of King Soopers who have died from COVID 19. The Management at King Soopers thinks it is funny if a customer comes in without masks and gets the rest of us sick. They would rather see us die instead of letting us have our pensions.

• Rh
    Rhiannagirl Dec 09, 2019

Management at King Soopers 58 are racist against Blacks. I was hired as a courtesy clerk, first I was harassed by a Joey, a Checker, first He kept telling Me that "His Black Friend." burns red in the sun. Then He asked Me to come to His House for a threesome with His Girlfriend. That made me sick, especially since He smells like Garbage, and when I saw His Girlfriend I was even sicker. I told Tawnia about it and She moved Me to the Fuel Center. I was discriminated against by Lisa the Manager of the Fuel Center, She would write me up for calling in sick while the White Employees there got to do whatever they wanted. I quit King Soopers because all of the Managers hate Black People. Managers at King Soopers should know that #blacklivesmatter. They got promoted to management because of thier #whiteprivelege, I wish the Black Community would boycott King Soopers and show them that #blacklivesmatter.

• Li
    Lianne0099 Nov 13, 2019

The Promise team is a joke, King Soopers always promises a better work environment. They only care about getting rich. Managers are now real jerks since thier job security is hanging by a thread... Each and every store Manager should get fired. Don De La Rosa is the new president of King Soopers, I saw his picture and He looks like a mafia boss, who bribes the union to look the other way when they treat us like crap especially when Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines Day, 4th of July, Memorial Day, and Labor Day are here. Management is evil, do not apply for a job at King Soopers, they will ruin you and they will make you lose your will to live.

• Sw
    Sweetsarah Nov 12, 2019

King Soopers Management loves to cause thier employees to be depressed, they will be extra nice to you when you are a new hire, they will build you up, if you are at the age if 18 or 19 years old they will promote you into Management but only if you are Handsome or pretty. If you have any flaws they will quickly treat you like crap and either make you quit or find a reason to fire You. God help you if You complain to the Union, then you are on thier crap list, and the union will turn around and tell you that there is nothing they can do about it. Working at King Soopers will also make you hate Thanksgiving and Christmas because Management gets really nasty, and so do customers, King Soopers encourages customers to vent thier anger on employees during Thanksgiving and Christmas, the Union reps do not visit the stores during those holidays probably because the company bribed them to stay away so that they can have thier way with the employees. This is the time of year that King Soopers wants to try to get rid of long time employees so that they can replace them with Younger and prettier employees who look good in ads and commercials. Your best bet is not to work for King Soopers because if You do, Management will destroy Your Mental health.

Kingsooperssucks Sep 26, 2019

I used to be a head ckerk at King Soopers 58, Shirley the store manager promised me a promotion to service manager, she is a liar, instead she brought in a service manager from another store. Store Managers lie, Store Managers are evil, King Soopers trsate thier employees like crap, take my advise and don't work for them.

• Hs
    [email protected]#$ Dec 29, 2018

i work a #77 can you get fired for giving the middle finger to a CC?

King slave Nov 09, 2018

Store 118 trying to write people up for calling in sick not even on weekends and requiring a doctors note for all sick calls which is 3 days before 1 is required

• Su
    Susie101 Aug 24, 2018

At the King Soopers on 815 E Cheyenne Meadows in Colorado Springs I visited the store with the intent of buying food, I worked at another location but found that the supervisor named Tania Weber who bragged that she slept with Danny Bustamento who is also an evil manager so that she could be promoted to Management. I also saw a Blonde Head Clerk named Kristina who was wearing a red off the shoulder blouse and bragging that she got promoted to Management because She wears loose clothing and flirts with 50-60 year old customers so that it makes more money for the store, this is disgusting, I quit King Soopers because of stuff like this, and now I do not even want to shop at king soooers because of the Conditions of promotions and fair treatment are contingent upon looks and willingness to flaunt your body then of course who you are willing to sleep with in order to be promoted.

Tony Gonzalez Jan 14, 2018

My story is very complex, and long.I'll just give basics;I was involved in a head on collision, {police were chasing a bank robber in Colorado Springs}-The perpetrator struck my vehicle in excess of-140-mph.I sustained deep muscle tissue injuries that did not surface till several years later.I started having major issues within a few years.At the time i was a head clerk for king soopers.Under my doctors advise, i needed surgery.I tried getting the store manager to assist me in filing for short term leave, so i could get this surgery.Doctors notes provided to the store manager, on several occasions, as well as my doctors advice, directly to the store manager to call my doctor if he had any questions{the store manager would not call my doctor}Next thing im getting a certified letter in the mail, terminating me.This went all the through all channels;from the eeoc-the union-into an arbitrator-I ultimately received nothing in compensation-the union misrepresented me severely-the eeoc dropped the ball-And at least three years after-I lost everything i had, including my career-THANKS TO KEVIN "KILLER" KELLY-I spent alot of time and money on this, and the bureaucracy of paper...

Jennifer J Rodas Alegre Nov 30, 2017

hello again,

I am going to make my final decision, I am going to LEAVE soon. Because Union protects the company, I have tried to have a lawyer, ADA laws, civil right, and EEOC for oppression and discrimination. they won't help because of stupid UNION. After I get a new car, then I'd make a lot of plans ahead of my life. Please DO NOT consider to work at King Soopers because it is just a living hell place and they would own you for life once you apply for a job. Please DON'T work there, look elsewhere!! Do not shop there either. shop Amazon!

Jennifer Rodas May 25, 2017

Hello,
    This is my third time..
    I still work at King Soopers as a night crew.. Nothing has changed yet because I still do facing from October 2016 to May 2017... Guess what? a new girl (a hearing female) joined (May 2017) and is learning a lot more than I did. She has done facing just for a week, now she is learning to stock the items. i am so jealous of her because managers have never taught me anything new.. Now I am going to DVR to see counseling and will have to educate all employees and employers about ADA laws, and deaf cultures. Unless if they knew the better, to violate the laws if they would choose to, I will file lawsuit to King Soopers if I will have to. Because of ADA laws.
    then I will look for a job to get a better training and better treatments from managers.
    If you are deaf, please be aware of managers because they might will not train you ever but just throw you in and forget about you. Please, please GO TO DVR and protect your rights!! that is my advice! i will update in a few months then.

Jennifer J Rodas Alegre Feb 23, 2017

I work at King Soopers.. I couldn't say anything bad about it and I respect the others.. However, I have been disappointed in not getting more training than I have been facing in one same position for more than three months, I have not tried anything new yet and I have a GOOD BRAIN that I can learn not because I am deaf and being deaf doesn't make me be dumb and to be limited on just facing every day and not doing anything else. I CAN LEARN, I CAN UNDERSTAND, I CAN COMMUNICATE AND I CAN DO ANYTHING, YES ANYTHING but hear!!
    Second, I have been fighting and fighting to get W-2 form but i CAN'T GET IT.. Very frustrated and being stressed out.
    I hate to say that I don't feel being impressed of my job working at King Soopers. My husband is very angry at me for working at King Soopers because people who work at King Soopers have been taking an advantage of me because of NO W-2 form existing and i have been facing the items on the selves for too long.. My husband wants me to find a better job.. he is going to fight on getting tax refund by himself without my tax refunds.. Wish us a good Luck!!

Jennifer J Rodas Alegre Jan 16, 2017

Wow.. I read a lot of "negative" but some of them are honest comments here.. From my understanding, King Soopers are just places to shop, work and being a part of a family. Company is a company.. If you hate working there, then LEAVE. If you love working there, DEAL with everything and people..
    That place require A TON of patience before getting rewards later in life. However if you find King Soopers and employment that doesn't match your needs, DON'T work there. Complaints are enough. Life is short!!
    To make long story short, I work at #91 outside of Denver, I don't see anything is wrong with King Soopers but I am a new hire since October and practicing on face the items on the selves helping me to get know the background of this store. I wanted to do something else, not just facing the items every time and takes forever. I am hoping for something has to happen soon. Unless I make my best decision for my life, my home, my job, my family and my marriage. I would just enjoy my time at job then when time is up. that's it. King Soopers are very good company and very popular of all food stores. Great prices and service. Nothing negative against King Soopers and people.

• Lo
    Lowly Checker Nov 03, 2016

Since Dennis Gibson has taken over We have gotten a new Store Manager whose goal is to fire anyone who has too much senority,

• Ju
    juggalo ryder Aug 19, 2016

Iv worked for kings for a little over a year now and iv been threatened with my job more times then i can remember. they have threatened me with time frod for trying to use the bathroom, job abandonment for leaving on time, and also for insubordination for not doing someone elses job. the thing that gets me the most is they get mad when u call in sick and the manigment shows up late all the time but when u or a co worker shows up late u get ritten up or thretened with your job

KingSoopersManagement Mar 29, 2016

I am a member of the King Soopers Management Team who has been reading the comments on this blog
    Corporate officials have also been reading these comments and are upset about this.
    You Associates who are not in Management and have excessive senority are costing the company too much money
    which is why we have programs like ELMS, Key Retailing, Que Vision, and other such programs which are designed
    to monitor your performance. The more years you work for King Soopers the more we want to push you out.
    Don't even bother contacting the Union about what we are doing because WE OWN THE UNION.
    We have told the Union to back off and they have agreed to back off and let us deal with you as we see fit.
    Those of you who have excessive senority and have not promoted into management make my stomach turn.
    We don't care if Custromers threaten or harass you.
    We get our money from the customers while you associates with excessive senority take it from us.
    The bottom line is that We own the Union and We own you.
    The Union doesn't work for You, The Union works for us...GET OVER IT!

Tony Gonzalez Jan 15, 2018

@KingSoopersManagement you are part of the problem fool!!!

• Aa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaa42069 Mar 15, 2016

My problem with King Soopers is actually less with the management and more with the customers. The customers at my store are horrible and will threaten and sexually harass employees, but managers don't really do anything to make us feel better or safer since the company values their customers so much, even at the cost of their employees.

• Aa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaa42069 Mar 15, 2016

I work at store 83 and my problem with King Soopers is actually less with the management and other employees, but how HORRIBLE the customers are. I've been personally threatened and experienced lots of sexual harassment but because it's from the customer's, which the company values so highly, they don't do anything about it to make me feel any better.

• Iq
    Iquitos22 Mar 06, 2016

Does somebody knows how long does it last a written up in king soopers? How long does it stay in your record?

• Di
    DisrespectedByManagers Jan 24, 2016

This is an open letter to Russ Dispense

Comments

Tony Gonzalez Jan 15, 2018

@DisrespectedByManagers Lets all find a way to band together with more employees whom been done wrong with this company, and get this class action filed!!Between the union and Kroger*/KingSoopers, they have railroaded many good people into the ditch!Lets stop talking about it, and lets get some action forged against this company.The EEOC, As well as the State of Colorado{Colorado-employment services}-All know that this company is one of the worst about railroading employees.I have spoken with them throughout the years, and many, many, employees have the same issues with Kroger/KingSoopers, As well as the Local #7-Joke!

• Me
    Meiko92 Sep 29, 2015

They also always screw u over on buggies in the evening if u are doing closing and have noone on buggies for two or three hours and have all the CCS in the check stands and send someone out to help at the last minute after u have already busted ur butt to clear the parking and they dont seem to care about their good employees and the ones that don't do anything and are lazy get treated like gold so disgusted with the company and glad I no longer work there

• Me
    Meiko92 Sep 29, 2015

I recently just quit king soopers well walked out cause I found a job making 11.75 an hour and they harassed me on my last two days there one head clerk came up to me in front of customers and associates and accused me gossiping without giving me a chance to defend myself then they sent me up to store 96 without any notification knowing I didn't have a car Made me clean poop up in the bathroom and laughed about it and i asked them if i could have Monday off for my orientation and they said if I called off they would write me up they are the most horrible company I ever have ever worked for would tell anyone that wants to work there not to

• St
    starscream4545 Sep 26, 2015

i work at king soopers 133 i am injured at the moment because they are unable to ever have enough help. i was pulling pallets for are perishable load and the not to much longer i would be back to pull the frozen load me and one other employee doing frozen load. i injured my back and called in to let them know i was going to be out cause i possibly injured myself. now after my hospital visit and everything else they wanted me to do a job that goes against my restrictions. i was in the office today i am in pain my nerves are causing me to shake so they took advantage of my not being 100 percent i was talked around threatened to have to work cause they can't accept my doctors note from the hospital. i am going to make sure to file a complaint on this store get as many people as possible not to shop at 133 they are uncaring and don't deserve my 10 years of loyal service.

• Co
    CompanyGoneBadBigTime Mar 17, 2015

I agree and am happy you found the strangth to leave.
    I have started this job after working with several years with a wonderful professional acting company. This job was to be some extra money. I was shocked to see the immaturity of management leading our young employee's. I was thinking I went back to high school!
    I can see now why they promote the younger people so fast because they are so easy to mode. If they are not wise enough and have no other mature support...the management enceragegess abousive behavior towards their co-workers.
    I have heard the managers make "childish" announcements over the loud speaker... To shame an employee for being a few mins. late from break/lunch. I stead of maybe pulling employee aside privately and informing them. Even page the employee to the front end but to just play "high school" games is so disrespectful to people and shows no leadership.
    The majority of the employees are younger but the rest I'm not addressing, but these young adults need better mentors that display mature and kind leadership.
    The idea is to graduate from high school and leave your childish ways behind. Instead King Soopers seems to encourage childish management style and abustive manipulation.
    Sad for Koger Compamy to have purchased such a immature company.

• Pf
    Pfife6 Feb 16, 2015

The politics. The leaders in this company are a joke. Plain and simple. If you plan on advancing in this company, you must know how to play their "game", and play it well.
    Management (not all, but more often then not) treat their employees like absolute low-life garbage. They play mind games. Pretend they care before stabbing you in the back.
    I had worked for this company for 5 years. 2 years in, becoming a department manager. At this time, I still loved my job. However within the last few years, company policy, leaders, and ethics drastically changed for the worst. They tried to mold me into what they wanted, right or wrong. I felt forced at most times to treat my own staff as poorly as I was being treated. Keep in mind, I quit my job and was not fired nor threatened to leave my position. I was in management, working 40-50 hours a week, at just under $19/hr. So when I say it's bad, it's really bad. Working at several different stores, and still living with 2 guys still working at King Soopers, I can tell you a majority of staff do not like working for King Soopers. The ones who do like working there, are the employees who have a lot of seniority (10-30 years) with schedules/hours they want, and upper management usually never messes with them (because they have the Union handbook memorized). Like I said, its all a giant game. Has less to do with your work ethic and skill, and more about who you know and how long you've been with the company. I put everything into my job there, my customers, my staff. I never received anything from this company in return, not even fair treatment. At the age of 21, I was clocking out everyday before heading to the liquor store across the street (with several other staff and management) to buy hard alcohol and beer, just to relax and help us fall asleep every night. Because we knew what the next work day held.
    This job made me depressed and I never even realized that until I left. I was a sad miserable pethitic human being, in all honesty. That's what Kings molded me into. And I've seen them do it to so many other people I love and peoole I am/was close with. I saw it day-in, day-out. And I see them still doing it 7 months after I left.
    So why did I leave?
    1) My grandfather was diagnosed with cancer and given 1-2 weeks at most to live. My father died when I was 11, so my grandfather very much filled that role as a father figure. I had to call off for a week and fly out-of-state with only a day advance to my management. They acted sympathetic, supported me, and said not to worry, everything will be taken care of. While I was out there, my staff members started calling me informing me and my mother that store management was telling people, "he is lying, he's probably in Mexico partying for spring break. Its his fault we had to schedule all of you long hours". So its my fault my grandfather happened to become sick and pass away during most peoples spring break?
    My mother called the store crying, since her dad had only days left. The asst. Store manager laughed at her. He then mocked me for it upon my return. I should have quit but instead transferred to another store.
    7 months in advance, I notified my store managment that my only brothers wedding is in May, I am his best man, and I need 3 days off that week to travel, attend all the events, as well as the wedding. Its a greek wedding, so it is a very big affair. They said, " no problem, we'll write it down in the calander. Just remind us a week before hand when you write the schedule!". Fast forward 7 months- I write the schedule, use 1 personal holiday added to my regular 2 days off, and submit the schedule for approval to upper management. The store manager claimed he never knew about it, even though his assistant manager standing right there, supported me saying I notified both of then the first day I moved to the store and its written in the calendar. So he approved the schedule. 1 day before leaving for the wedding and my 3 days off, he claimed I was lying about the wedding because "I didn't know the name of the church". My brother and his fiancè at the time, discussted, came into the store to talk to them. He wouldn't meet them face to face, and said he'd kick them out if they didn't leave "his" store immediately. And that he expects me to show up for work the next day even though I was approved and scheduled off.
    *Note: the store manager does not have the power to kick anyone out of the store without approval. And per union contract, the schedule can only be changed the Saturday before noon, a week before hand.
    Despite all this, I still showed up the next day. I got my department up to 110% standard (easy, since I was an extra working body not scheduled) then asked the assistant store manager to leave because I needed to be in Denver by 12pm. She called the store manager (who was off, go figure) and he said he'd rather have someone else leave who "actually needs the time off".
    So I put in my 2 week notice and left. I still showed up and worked my hardest, every day for those last 2 weeks.
    The assistant managers begged me my last day there to withdraw my resignation because they needed me, and I had until midnight. I said no. Showed all the management the wedding pictures and Facebook status updates of the events. There was no apology.
    There are plenty more stories from my personal experience, and many others.
    But it comes down to this...
    Is a retail job, or any job for that matter, worth losing the opportunity to see your dying family member one last time? Is it worth not being able to see your only brother become a married man, and support him as his best man? Is it worth losing all that extra money you make on alcohol just to relax at the end of every day? Is it worth losing your 4 year relationship and love of your life, because you've become such an angry and selfish person?
    No. It's not.
    And I encourage every one I can not to work for this company. That's the best advice I can give.
    I have many great memories at King Soopers, but they come no where close to the stress, depression, and hurt this company has caused my family, friends, and I. Even half a year later, it still bothers me. I still see it with my roommates and staff I keep in touch with. Thank you for reading.
    Email: [email protected]

• Position Summary: Responsible for providing superior customer service in pristine clean stores under the guidelines of the company policies and all applicable laws. Strive to increase sales through suggestive selling and accurate recording of sales. ROLE MODEL and DEMONSTRATE the company's Core Values of RESPECT, HONESTY, INTEGRITY, DIVERSITY, inclusion and safety of others.
    This does happen with the majority of most of the co-workers I work with at store 102 in Longmont. We, as I see, really enjoy our work and each other. Than comes the GM (Dee Vos)... She has her favorite people and she makes it very clear to the non-favorites that they do not matter...oh yes until she needs something. I seldom receive thank you, please, or acknowledgement of my good work. I show up on time to work, never complain about the schedule I'm given, never had any complaints about me, never sick, do everything assigned to me, and get along great with everyone...so what is the problem?
    I have been in the middle of speaking to customers or co-workers and she acknowledges them and ignores me. Those actions are not respectful, maybe honesty to her, has nothing to do with integrity, and is just plan rude behavior. This kind of behavior and treatment builds resentment and lowers moral with employee's. I have listened to so many co-workers vent their feelings and express their discouragement, only do to lack of support and acknowledgment of their good works. The jobs at hand are not the issue but the treatment towards staff is.
    This treatment needs to stop and our/your managers need to be held accountable for their actions. Please enroll in some classes to enhance and support human integrity and stop demeaning your staff. Belittling others only brings out negativity. Being kind and supportive gains trust. I feel 99% of all my co-workers want to be valued, appreciated, and reworded for their good works.
    How hard is it management to do that?? Employee's need a Victim advocates on site to offer information, emotional support, and help to find resources for support.
    I think managers need to be written up after so many complaints against them are file and have their jobs threatened see how it feels...

Kingsoopersdontcare Nov 22, 2014

This is so true all of the above! I've come back after kings would not work with a family health issues with a parent with dementia. So after helping with parent and I retured for some extra cash. Kings after refuseing to give leave and forced my two weeks said I was not a devoted employee so I he to start over at lower pay.
    I was choosing between tow jobs are the GM was at 102 was so helpful but ocne I chose kings over the other job "she" stopped speaking to me and blunk face ignores me.
    I personally don't care what her issue is but if it effects my job than I have to deal with it.
    I've seen and heard so much abuses actions and by far favoritism. No employee is ever going to receive 1.Honesty 2.Integrity 3.Respect of others 4.Diversity 5.Safety 6.Inclusion, your voice matters as company value say." Sad but the only way to get by is to keep your head low or get a better job else where. Corporate won't care either.

AnotheremployeeofKS Oct 26, 2014

The last time I wrote on here I was at a 1 day suspension. That was on March 18th, I know this is 7 months later and I'm updating you, but a lot has happened and I felt like updating lol. On March 31st I had my 3 day suspension, because management went up to a few customers and asked about my Job performance and the customers they asked, supposedly said "No." so I got a 3 day?? {rolls eyes}
    Anyway fast forward ---->> to my 5 day suspension... OK ON April 12th? I believe, I was on carts and the person before me didn't do a good job so carts were behind _ like NO carts were in the store. I went in and asked for help from one of the head clerks and was IGNORED, so I went back out and tried to catch up as much as I can for my hour. When I did my best to get it to at least get them a little caught up I went back inside and started bagging again. The service manager lets call her (D) came up to me and told me to go back out, I then told her that I asked for help earlier, and didn't even get an answer from the head clerk. (D) said that she would send someone out there and that I need to go back out so I did. I was out there for 15 MINUTES! and NO one came out at all I was livid at this point because I'm a small 100 pound girl and it was so busy that I couldn't keep the carts up and I was pushing in 10 NO JOKE (were only supposed to push in 8). So I went back in and was told by several people that they were not allowed to go back out. Tired, and very upset I walked over to the time clock, chucked the cart strap back into the cabinet, and clocked out. I went to my brother and told him that I would see him at home and that I just clocked out, and walked out of the store. I called my friend and he took me home for the day.

  The next day, I went in clocked in and went to the service manager she then told me to go upstairs and see both assistant managers. I went up to see them without any union rep, but there wasn't any that day I believe. They asked me why I had walked out and tried to make me feel guilty for it, they made it seem as if the service manager, (D) didn't do ANYTHING wrong they put everything on me and didn't care what I had to say at all. Their main thing to try and guilt trip me was "I abandoned their customers" *rolls eyes* talk about a guilt trip. Which my response was I was trying to help your customers, but your management didn't want to help me out. They knew that wasn't going to work anymore and they then said "Well I don't see any guilt or feeling sorry for what you did" blah blah. To which I responded "I shouldn't have walked out, but I wasn't the only one at fault here." They then put me on suspension and told me I could be fired over this, so I had a couple days to get a hold of union representation ___ which I did . . .

My union rep met me at the front door, she was very awesome she was very good to talk to. We both walked upstairs, and we went into this room where she told me that she had talked to the store manager earlier and the manager had told her that their were 7 CC's gone that day. So we walked into the store managers office, and sat with the service manager (D). I told what happened to the store manager word for word. The store manager we'll call her (S) proceeded to tell us a pack of lies as I was expecting about how their were not enough CC's, and blah blah throughout that entire sentence of her saying that their wasn't enough CC's to help she kept lowering the numbers of CC's, she told my union rep that their were 7 CC's gone that day, when she was talking to all of us the numbers went from 7, to 6, to 5? she was lying badly, and so was (D). D, told the store manager, that she immediately sent someone out there. Even though, I went back in and was told by SEVERAL CC's that they went up to her asking to go out and help, but they were told not too. {She's a liar} Anyways it came down to the fact that I had "abandoned my job" so I only got a 5 day...so I was still working there.

I eventually was fired for "calling in too much" my last day was May 24th. The only thing I miss from that place is the people I worked with. I didn't miss neither of the assistant managers or the store manager. I miss one of the head clerks we'll call him (J) he is an awesome head clerk, and the only head clerk I miss. I have several friends up there that I miss (they know who they are). This was my first job, and was there for almost two years. Honestly I wasn't sad when I was fired it was coming down to it anyway either I was going to be fired or I was going to quit, because the management wanted me gone. The king soopers I worked at is just getting worse, according to a lot of the people I work with. The managers don't respect the employees at all. My brother found out that he can retire after his 10 year mark, he plans on doing so next year. My friend, that works there her name is (A) she HATES working there now. She says she cries everyday before going in because its THAT bad, so she's planning on going back to school. She use to LOVE working for Kings, and that's because back in 2007-2010ish It was an amazing place to work. Even when I started working in 2012, It wasn't THIS bad... but now, its horrible I feel sorry for everyone who still works at the store I use to work at. ...

• 81
    81007 Jul 14, 2014

I work at store 43 pueblo co. I'm the deli assistant manager.I hate my job so much. I love helping customers and interacting witjh my associates.What I hate is the senior management. My direct managers aren't so bad.. They're just in the same boat I'm in. We have way to many tedious tasks, not enough time, and not the right people and if something doesn't get done be prepared to be written up. I used to love my job. Senior management doesn't have a clue what is going on in the stores. They have developed this escheduling method that has made us all into these little robots. I was in a scheduling class where they told me to not look at the names of the associates, because they don't matter. Excuse me, last I checked these people are doing all of the work so this company can make the big bucks. i know customers coming in and spending there money pays for our paycheck, but if you don't have happy, productive associates this company will fail. Elms is another failing part of this business. They tell me elms is based off sales, also they have "professionals" that have tested all tasks and have timed them perfectly. Really now? I don't believe this for a second. Being in the deli it is extremely hard to keep people back there so we are constantly training two to three new people at once. How long do you think it takes for those new associates to hit the elms production goals? How long do you really think it takes to get everyone up to speed on key retailing? How long do you think it takes to get everyone trained to provide world class customer service? It doesn't happen over night or the 20 hours of training you give use to start with on new clerks. Here is some advice for senior management... you need to revisit elms and production. At my store personally, this company has the potential to make a lot more money with more hours in the store.My deli makes about 3, 500 to 4, 000 each day which is an increase vs last year and our cases are always empty because of the high volume of customers. nobody has the time to make any prep. Just think if we had a little bit more hours we could accomplish.My deli coordinater is just another example of senior management not knowing whats going on. She has zero deli experience and we she comes in she is worried about why we have no sides in our deli warmer. HELLO Did you forget that we have tons of new programs being rolled out every other week??? They wonder why the deli doesn't make any money?! They roll out new programs, than get rid of it and try something else and expect us to be pros overnight. My store is not an upscale store, but yet they are pushing these $6 meal deal programs now and $8 meal on top of that. I only sell maybe four in a month! what makes this company think if you only sell four $6 meal deals that we will sell an $8 meal deal?! I do have to point out that i am a firm believer in key retailing, but I disagree with having stores chef cases and service cases basically on the same program. My customers are different needs from other stores. they have different tastes in salads and with these incredibly structured schematics I can't give what my customers want. It's funny how they say key retailing make every store the same, but when I get a store transfer from denver he has no clue of what is expected.denver stores are suppose to be "model" stores but yet this person has no clue of what key retailing is really about and has never used a mesh glove in his life! Safety has became and increasing issue in the deli as well! News flash senior management! When people are forced to work like madmen, because there is never any help accidents WILL happen! I try my best as a manager to fufill all goals for this company with a positive manner but it is becoming a true struggle. I have became such a sad and angry person. I feel so bad for my employees, because they are forced to work crazy hours with no help, no relief. I try and tell them it will get better, but i don't think it will. The word manager has become so meaningless, because you have to report to someone if you want to do something different in merchandising or for anything in that matter. i agree stores should be set up functionally the same, but senior management needs to let go of the chain they have wrapped around us and let us manage our own departments. these are not fresh and friendly stores. the chefs don't get to have freedom of choice. they get boxes of poor veggies and product.I'm so sick and tired of this company. and the union aspect HA! yea right the union is a joke. this company will soon get rid of that too. We are people too with familes and lives. I do not plan to live to work, I work to live my life with my family. The deli would be such a better work environment if our programs were simple and cost effective. Not every hour on the hour make 1 or 2 chicken sandwiches plus ribs, 8pc fried, 8pc baked, 8 pc bbq, savory chicken, colosal chicken, and simple truth chicken just for the ppst. JUST PLAIN STUPID lets worry about the real customer needs. Savory chicken and colossal should be the only thing we should be worrying about every hour on the hour, unless of course we had more people to do the others. Does senior management really think store management level is the problem? They need to look in the mirror

• Gi
    GingerRedd May 22, 2014

Here at Store 73 your personal information is spread among managers. Which is a serious problem. It is not known how they get that information since HR is the only one with that access and if not why would the assistant store managers or department heads need to pull sensitive info? Only to use it for rumour mongering to create a hostile work environment, like it isn't already. Funny thing is we just got done doing a security training module >: / what do they use your personal info for? Age discrimination, maybe not like oh he/she is too old, but oh he/she is older then so and so when so and so never gave that information out to anyone. BUSTED!

We have a middle aged assistant manager that is obsessed with everybody's personal business and their age. Then you have the smooth talker who slides right by you like some snake and makes you uncomfortable, especially if you are on the younger side. Then you have the firm manager who seems to be the only one that stays focused but has that occasional boss moments.

In each department has its own set of drama. One dept has a bunch of women that just can not keep their mouths shut or should it be said that hen house has a pecking order and they are very attached to their seniority status which DOES NOT make them a harder worker by any means, they place the real work on closers. They fart around until the closer shows up and the closer has all their trash/cardboard/dishes plus any trash the closer may have to make themselves in their closing duties and it is by no means ever a small amount. The morning crew needs to take care of their own trash/cardboard.

The department heads are no better, obviously and those who are professional and good are quickly pushed out of the pool. The Store Manager there is a tyrant and they are always threatening someone's job. No overtime or you will be written up or fired or transferred and if transferring is the case that maybe a blessing, even so you better get the job done even though we are gravely understaffed or you would be written up.

Now there is a frontend manager whom is this tyrant's eyes and ears and everyone trusts this 6 foot 4 tagbagger. In addition to this store manager's reign of terror they do favor certain people and it definitely was not by any hard work because most of these promoted managers are useless and dictatorial.

So any customers that want to know what is like working for the store manager at 73 here it is in black and white. Working at 73 is like working at high school but much worse because we have all male managers running it which means nothing is not balanced and in fact always one sided. There is NO female assistants there, the store manager got rid of the last one we had back in November 2013 somehow. Too much politics for such a measly job.

So please customers, forgive any of the associates who are not as pleasant and smiling like a stuffed buffoon as you would like, maybe you should think of the work environment before you complain or do any of those ridiculous surveys.

AnotheremployeeofKS Mar 18, 2014

I agree this company is horrible to work for management only caters to those who kiss serious butt of not only them but the customers. I know that this is a customer first business, but at times I think they take customer service too far. I'm a courtesy clerk I've been one for 2 years because I don't feel like moving up because I really don't want too at the moment. I'm at a one day suspension, next will be 3 days then five then well termination. Most of my write ups were for being late, it wasn't always for this particular complaint, but I digress lol. Last month, a customer complained that I supposedly "opened bottles of some cleaning chemicals and it ruined her floors and that I was so rude and I didn't smile, greet, or even thank her" so I'm brought into "the booth" by one of the managers whose demeanor was just flustered and very mad-like he shows me all these photos of her floor as if I were responsible for ruining her floor? I felt as if I were being a accused not only by her by management, because even though they didn't come right out and say or even ask well why did you do this, it was very apparent that management already knew whose side they were on and it wasn't mine. I asked well, am I being accused of this? I was pretty frustrated at this point, because of the way he was acting. He then changes the entire thing to why am I not greeting or thanking our customers? At this point were in a semi yelling match with me saying are you accusing me of this? And him saying why aren't you greeting our customers? He then says well we'll check security cameras to see if you did! So I kind of got the answer I was looking for he also said that he wasn't going to WRITE me up for the incident either? So that was the answer as well oh well I wont write you up for it THIS TIME. After that confrontation, I felt like clocking out and leaving! But I can't just quit theirs no jobs really so I'm trying my best to stick it out. I'll admit, I don't smile or greet people as much as I did before when I first started, but who can blame me the way my store is running? Seriously!!! Everyday, our breaks and lunches are always late everyday even when its not busy and when we go up and tell them that we haven't had our lunch or our break they say oh well we haven't had ours either! They have their favoritism like I said whoever kisses their ### and the customers ### gets "special treatment" everyone else gets treated like ###. Then they expect us to smile and greet people who can literally accuse you of murder and get away with it because its the "customers always right." So, I've been getting several complaints lately about my customer service, or how they like to put it "BEST practices" but the problem is they don't even do this either. I've seen several times where managers wouldn't even smile or greet customers or even say anything in fact my mom went in there and said damn they say you don't smile and greet but I've been here ALL DAY and they haven't smiled or greeted me. SO practice what you preach and stop being a hypocrite!!! Also this is something else that is the definition of hypocrisy, but you know how were not supposed use PHONES on the front end???? Guess what i see head clerks and managers do ALL the time?? Their on their PHONES all the time!!! Can you say hypocrisy at its finest!!! Sorry that this turned into more of a rant then a complaint, but Oh my god! I had to get this off of my chest. So in short I wouldn't recommend anyone work for kingsoopers if their looking to be respected/ treated with any decency because with this company it lacks BIG TIME!

• Ea
    Eagles sore Jan 30, 2014

It is bad enough that management treats there employees like crap. Let alone that sat. Managers lie to upper management. I have seen more then once of this kind of behavior towards employees. As I know many of the employees in the store I shop at our very good at there jobs. What is wrong with this company. Unfair treatment makes me not wanting to shop at this company for it is hard to whatch this. When I see a member of upper management standing on the sales floor eating food and shaking like she's dancing . I thought my god is this really happening disappointed

• Ha
    HardWorkingEmployee Jan 04, 2014

A King Soopers Non Management Employee like other Retail Employees have something in common with Fast Food Workers, We are looked down upon by Management and the rest of society. I have read from numerous sources that King Soopers Employees are whiners who have no education, If I had absolutely no education I would not be able to type out this complaint in the first place. I could write a novel about what it is like to work at King Soopers but there is not enough space on this blog to do so. I will briefly describe the horrors of working for this Company and the Union who is not doing very well at correcting the behaviors I am about to describe, in other words, The Union is equally guilty of these hideous acts by because they continue to allow this. Hostile Managers and Customers are the number one issue which takes place at any King Soopers location, Managers scream at us in front of Co Workers and Customers on a regular basis, Customers also scream at us and they ridicule us while we are working to serve them we are required to tolerate these behaviors we are told that if a customer shouts profanity at us that we musn't take it personal and that if the customer is acting this way it must be out fault or it is because the customer is having a bad day. Does this mean we should be allowed to act in a hostile manner at another public establishment just because we are having a bad day? What would happen if I went to the DMV, screamed and cursed at a DMV employee because the line is too long, or if I screamed at the Judge because I got a speeding ticket from a Police Officer? Would the DMV or the Judge give me a $25 gift card and ask me to come back again? Favoritism is another problem which is widespread throughout all King Soopers locations. Some examples of favoritism I have observed at King Soopers are, Jane is never expected to work during a holiday or a weekend because she if pretty and/or she is dating a Member of Management or is dating a relative of Management. Tom is allowed to stand around while others are working hard because he is related to someone in Management. ELMS(short for Electronic Labor Management System and Key Retailing are abusive tools created by King Soopers Management while they claim these are tools to "help" us we are often being disciplined because we did not stock the shelves fast enough on the Night Crew or because we were not checking fast enough which resulted in our ELMS rating to be 90% "efficient" when they wanted out rating to be 95%. It really makes our job that much harder when someone insists upon creating a delay at the check stand. Short Tempered Customers are also a major problem when working at King Soopers and it is certain that Management will reward them with a $25.00 Gift card. Vengeful Management is also a serious problem at King Soopers especially if you complain to the Union about their abusive behavior and the Union decides not to take much action the insult to injury in this case is that the Union is supposed to be acting on our behalf but the Union Stewards and Business Agents are constantly defending Management, their excuse for turning their backs on us is that Head Clerks, Service Managers, Grocery Managers and other Department Heads are also In the Union. Who is the Union really protecting?

• Ca
    carol leroux Oct 18, 2013

this place sounds like a dishonest, favoritism, disgusting place to work and listens to know one unless you have any clout in the company. someone who is currently working there should tape, video and get signatures from everyone to open a case that should be investigated and should be reviewed by the employment security offices in your area. this company is out for themselves and take advantage of their employees and sounds like bribing is part of their scheme. no one on this earth deserves this treatment and should have someone or someplace to come and investigate and take care of the situation. if all employees contributed to investing in a lawyer you could all have a good case and also this would be made public and they would lose all their money and time in advertising. another option is to call your local media and try to get them to help you and make it public but if you still work there you may be risking your job but I don't think this is a bad thing, get the ex-employees involved too. do all you can to put the word out there and make them look like the idiots they are and the terrible management they have. do it now before you forget how they treated you and your over the abuse...this is why most people don't do anything once they leave cause they are employed with another company and don't have or want to take the time to do it but you will be doing for more than yourself, you will be doing for hundreds of employees suffering every day because of the abuse they are putting up with.

• De
    DeltaDawn18 Oct 18, 2013

Hang in there guys, I am a customer who is on your side. I have a lot of friends who shop at King Soopers, and help is on the way, we will boycott King Soopers until they stop mistreating you.

AngryUFCW Member Oct 02, 2013

On November 5, 2013 there will be a Million Mask March. Please Join us, March against Abusive Customers, Abusive Managers, and a Local Union that doesn't give a ### about us! Watch this video Join us!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIaJ-Rxr_U0

JaneWorker Sep 12, 2013

Time to write anonymous letters to russ dispense
    his email address is russ.dispense @kingsoopers.com...If you wish to write via Snail Mail
    the address is
    Russ Dispense President
    65 Tejon St
    Denver CO, 80223
    Write the letter anonymously if you have to.
    If the Union won't address this then we need to march against this injustice together

JaneWorker Sep 12, 2013

Well said...time to revolt

• Np
    nperez30 Sep 09, 2013

King Soopers is one of the worst place to work, management sucks, the head clerks think they are better then you. They don't give you your breaks or lunches on time and are rude or ignore you. I have worked at store 1 downtown on 1331 N. Speer Blvd. I say that is one of the worst stores I've ever worked, the immature females that run there mouths, had many issues with them but management does nothing and one girl inpartcular works in the Starbucks was one of the rudest, she continuously hated on me making me look bad. I honestly have the most dislike to this store. Management did nothing to change so I had to transfer because of the constit bullying by this individual. Know I work on 1725 Sheridan Blvd. come to find out that individual had friends there and it as been the same here with these other females spreading lies. I know hate king soopers, MANAGEMENT. Union sucks...ugh

• Se
    seeger49 Aug 29, 2013

Its definately time for a revolution. Its time to wake up this sorry assed union. (who, instead, opts to 'placate' management and discourage employees from taking serious action for obvious injustices; rather than fairly representing their due-paying union members.) Because if no one speaks out then the wrongdoing will continue or intensify. They already laugh behind closed doors about our union protection and the workers grievances. And they know all the loop holes to discourage you every step of the way. Its become a long standing joke to them. The union protection will be going away within the next few ratification processes and after that you can forget having ANY comfort in the term 'job security.' You may as well be working at WalMart. So, make the best of it while you have it! Whether you have 20 years invested in the company or you're a new hire, discrimination and harrassment DO exists. Their policies of inclusion, respect, and what used to be termed 'green leadership' have recently been chucked out the window. There ARE good stores and good managers within this company. (i've seen and worked for them) and then there are the bad ones. The bad ones MUST be weeded out and removed from their positions. I mean, upper management is already prepared to jump off a building because the CEOs enforce expectations that as so fine and 'finite' that the pressure to meet these expectations are exhaustive and overwhelming. They ARE guilty of unfair business practices, just like any other retail giant. They want store level managers who laugh right along with them at anything the union tries to threaten them with. This is why the have begun to hire managers from outside the company, because the 'change' they so seek out is right around the corner. They care only about the bottom line and this needs is the priciple that needs a 'change.' This is NOT an easy job for anyone to perform on a weekly or daily basis. The hours can be long, the weight of the assignments burdening, and the stress can lead to health issues, unfair scheduling of manpower, favoritism and other assorted politics. All of these things contribute to numerous conditions that lead to members becoming 'trapped' into trying to function within hostile working environments. All i am saying is, fight for what ARE YOUR 'basic working rights.' A smile and a handshake only go so far in the placation process. Stand up and fight! While you still can. The last union contract was a total joke and all who vote 'yea' on it should be embarassed of themselves. And worried about their children's futures. A gift card as incentive to accept this crappy proposal??? What an injustice and insult! Business is business, we all know this. BUT, there IS such a thing as union protection, still lingering around here in America, and believe it or not there IS power in numbers! Whomever is totally serious about making a change, please leave information vital to seeing that these issues are resolved before they become mute. Leave website information to obtain the information one needs to resolve conflict and phone numbers as well as the ability to print out flyers that wake up all the other 'car carrying' union members who have suddenly fallen asleep or submitted to the belief that the union cannot do a thing for them anymore. Back in the day we used to call these people spineless yellow ###, today they have become something even more dangerous...docile placaters. They 'hobnob' with the bosses and giggle away anyone else who shares a fair and inclusive philosophy about what blue collar REALLY stands for. Quit ###, do not except the ridicule or the threats from either managers or co workers and STAND UP AND FIGHT!!! This is America, if you want something more dictatorial...work at Walmart!

Comment Guidelines