Kenmorebad odor coming from refrigerator

Ke Mar 25, 2019 Review updated:

To the complaints department :
Sears/ kenmore elite french door refrigertaor

I purchased this refrigerator two years ago. I bought the home protection service as well. I have called over 10 times complaining about the issue with the bad odor smell that is coming from the fridge . It literally smells like a dead rate. The smell comes and goes. Beside the smell we keep having issues with the ice maker. They have sent out a technician now over 10 times now, .They can not figure where the smell is coming from.

At this point we are fed up and we do not want to continue to deal with this. If you bought a new fridge you want it to work properly and with no issues. I even bought the extra protection plan so if there is any issues they can get taken care of.

I keep getting the runaround from customer service and the supervisors.

At this point I want my fridge replaced and not with the same model because I do not want the same issue to occur .. I want a full credit to be able to purchase new one.

Thanks

I can forward all the complaints I have from online as well as all the tickets for the service calls.

Elisa
[protected]

Comments

• Sh
      Mar 25, 2019

Hi Elisa.

Appreciated hearing about your concerns.

Your service coverage insures the functioning of the unit. It doesn't cover issues involved with look or smells. If it is coming from previous spoiled food, that isn't covered. If it's not cooling correctly and spoiling food, then it should be covered.

The second issue involves your ice maker, but you haven't provided enough information about it.

Please notify us if there is something that isn't being covered that otherwise should. We'd like to help.

• El
      Apr 01, 2019

@Shaun R. There was no spoiled food that caused the smell. You guys have sent out a service tech several times that can vouch the refrigerator has been clean every time. You can read all the past complaints that had the same issue. Not only do we have a problem now with a the smell and ice not working . The produce is getting frozen in the fridge. This has been the worst purchase ever. I'm wasting money on food, wasting time calling every week and no one wants to step up to fix this problem that I'm having.

I need this refrigerator replaced. We are having way to many issues.

• Sh
      Mar 30, 2019

Hi Elisa.

I understand we've assisted you and you are happy with the results.

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty.

• El
      Apr 01, 2019

@Shaun R. THAT IS WRONG ! NO ONE HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED OR FIXED.