Jiffy LubeAwful experience

I took my car to have the oil changed on 8/1/07. Approximately one week later my car started loosing power and the engine was shaking tremendously and the car shut off. It would not start again so I towed it to Firestone Autocare to have it looked at. The auto mechanic diagnosed the car as having too much oil approximately one qt. I towed the car on 9/8/07 to Jiffy Lube from Tacoma WA to Kent WA about 35 miles. By the time I got to the Jiffy Lube, the store was closed. I went there on Sunday morning to talk to the manager. He denied there company as being liable but gave me the district managers phone number (Jeremy Smith 425...).

I left numerous messages with him and no response. I called the corporate office where they gave me a claim number (524554). I have filed a small claims suit against the company and the court date is not until January 28th, 2017 @ 1:30 pm. They have not took on full responsibility despite that I have an auto mechanic that has diagnosed the car to having too much oil in the car. I am a contractor and I need my car to go to various job sites, this has caused an enormous financial strain on me and my two children. If I don't have a car, I have no job.

Once they received the small claims order, the manager (John) called me and wanted the key so they could have the car looked at. I took the key to John on 9/15/07, he stated that the soonest he could get my car looked at would be Monday 9/17/07. I went to Jiffy Lube on 9/20/07 to recover my key as they have not done what they said they would do in resolving this matter. They have not offered to get a rental car or followed up with getting the car towed to a shop to get looked at.

I am very disappointed in how they have conducted business.

• Valerie Jun 04, 2008

I went to the Jiffy Lube on 5/13/08 to the Jiffy Lube located at:

Jiffy Lube® Service Center #231
    3418 CANTON HWY
    MARIETTA, GA [protected] US
    [protected]

All I wanted was an oil change, which I received. This was after they tried to sell me a new air filter. I look at the air filter and it was like new! That is all really beside the point! What happened next was AWFUL!! Late on Sunday 5/25/08 I noticed a bad oil leak! I wanted to find out what the problem was, so on Monday morning I took my Honda Accord directly to the Honda dealership. They told me that "the last place to perform oil change left the oil drain bolt loose & failed to replace a washer. Honda tightens the bolt & installed a new washer. I had to pay Jiffy Lube $35.31 for the original oil change. I then also had to pay Honda an additional $28.22 for Jiffy Lube's negligence! I thought the fair thing to do was to ask Jiffy Lube to compensate me for $28.22 to cover the repairs. I was not asking for them to compensate me for the time that I lost or the gas that I used, only $28.22 FOR THE REPAIRS. After speaking to the manager, who claims he spoke directly to the district manager, I was denied my request! The reason, I failed to give Jiffy Lube the opportunity to look at my vehicle again! QUESTION...WHO WOULD DO THAT! I HAD OIL LEAKING OUT ALL OVER!! Not only did Jiffy Lube deny to pay me back $28.22 for the repairs, they did not offer any type of resolution!

• Hi
    HimU87 Feb 05, 2010

Daughter in last week for oil change. Oil light came on yesterday, she re-visited today. THey tell her she has $200-1000 job ahead to repair leak causing oil to 'run out ' of the car, with no admission/responsibility since they were last one to touch it. THey say the CANNOT contact owner; they dont have a phone number for him: unlikely.

masbb Jul 13, 2010

I've been going to Jiffy Lube routinely for oil changes and tire rotation, but this will be the last time. They tell me they are unable to rotate my tires because the lugnuts are stripped. The bad thing is this is the 2nd time this has happened. Apparently on Chrysler 300's, Challengers, Chargers, their is a decorative cap on the lugnut. They are not training their employees that you have to use a certain tool on these models. And, to top it off the next day I notice my car is leaking oil. Not Happy!!! The manager has agreed to order new lugnuts for my vehicle and we will see what's goint on with the oil leak.

• Bm
    bmarkjones49 Sep 26, 2010

Service at the Grant and Louetta Cypress location has been getting worse and worse and it's very expensive. When I went last month, the price for oil and filter change plus tire rotation was $75. For that price, you'd expect good service and a quality job.

But the next day I noticed a pool of oil in my garage where my car is and knew they hadn't re-tightened the drain plug after then finished the oil change. I took it back in the next day and they fixed it after a 45-minute wait, and tried to tell me the problem was a poor oil pan seal! The car is only two years old! Give me a break.

To top it all off, a week later I noticed that the 'technician' had really scraped and gouged one of the alloy wheels when rotating them, basically ruining the looks of it.

So to sum it up, avoid this Jiffy Lube location at all costs! They're horrible!

• Jm
    JMP12301 Dec 09, 2010

We had the oil changed at a JL in Mesa Az, we were told that the vehicle needed a belt and it would cost 40$ and take an hour and a half to fix, we opted to go to our home up north and have them do it there in the AM. We called to confirm and they said they could change the belt in the morning. When we arrived we explained that the alternator belt needed changing, they took it apart and then said that they only change serpentine belts and would not change the alternator belt and it would be 89.00 . They then took a take it or leave it attitude. My girlfriend [censor]ed enough to get them to put the belt back on and we left. We went across the street to OIL CAN Henry's and they were more thaan happy to change it for 30$ if I brought them the belt. Sorry jiffy lube You GUYS Are out !!!

• Un
    UnhappyUtahChick Feb 09, 2011

Jiffy Lube in Salt Lake City Utah, store number 2040, Redwood Road. This very overweight "man" named Jose started hitting on me and trying to tell me what he'd do to me sexually while he's talking about my car. Things like "That's a nice trunk you have, and your car looks good too". He walks past me and put his grimy hands on my butt! At this point I don't even want to be there so I ask who his manager is, because I'm uncomfortable with him, and he says "I'm the manager, you want to come and we can have alone time in my office?" I told him I had to go, and just left, I will never go there again. It was just disgusting, rude, and downright vile to have this 400 pound man trying to touch my *** and butt telling me I'm pretty and wanting to get under my hood. GROSS!

• Ca
    Carrie B Mar 12, 2011

Took my car in for a oil change and a radior flush, 2 1/2 months later, all my fluids were bone dry, and cracked my radior, due to not having any fluids in my motor. While driving on a very busy Interstate with my 2 little kids, car broke down (motor locked) in the middle of that Interstate. District Manager refuse to help me get a rental car, so I can take my 2 kids to school, and I also missed 2 days of work! Due to some stupid employee’s error, and filling all of my fluids!

• Dr
    dreamstar Aug 18, 2011

Jiffy lube is a joke !! I would not recommend jiffy lube to no one .. I have been taking my cars to jiffy lube for a long time .. and the last time I took my car there was bad and its happen once before but I just blow it off hoping they would change but I guess I was wrong .. now I know the truth . I might be a female but I am not stupid when it comes to my car . Jiffy lube are nothing but liers jiffy lube should do what jiffy lube say on the paperwork instead of lieing and not doing the stuff but said yall did cause I am paying for that . Also when I called jiffy lube they said they would fix the problem just bring the car back so I did and they fixed it they also said they would give me a free oil change next time but when I bought my car down there for them to fix it the manager wasn't there so they said I have to come back for the coupon but they would fix what they didn't do so they did and then when I went back they told the manager nothing was wrong I should of took a picture knowing that yall lie but I didn't . ( my bad ) I will make sure my friends know about what jiffy lubes are and recommend them to stop going there and for them to tell everyone they know .. I already posted my experience on Facebook !!! Also everytime I go to a jiffy lube there is never the same people working on your car and that is bad when people usually change there oil ever 3000 miles ..

• Ke
    kewolff Aug 28, 2011

Well, I finally decided to let someone else do my oil changes after doing them myself for DECADES, and wouldn't you know it, I'm not pleased. Last Sunday, they changed my oil and before I could get one mile away, all the oil was lost from my engine. Wrong filter was installed. Do you think they would even offer me a free oil change? No, it was 'sorry' and they changed the filter and replaced the oil. Yeah, 'sorry' about says it.

• Mi
    mike ide Nov 05, 2011

7/15/11 in for oil change $32.90 put friday noon. Took car home approx. 1/2 mile. sat am left for Maricopa az approx. 12 miles later car stalled out while driving. Failed to restart. Had car towed home, as it was sat. am, had to wait for Monday, to seek repairs. Had car towed to repair facility monday am, $80.00 later discovered air filter snorkel tube was disconnected causing incorrect readings to mass air flow sensor and throttle position sensor. reset for code / sensors, cleared all codes. tuesday whent to jiffy lube, talked to the manager Ed, and district manager Frank on numerous occasions thru late oct. was promised refund on many occasions. Oct 5th, numerous lies and still no refund, or contact from jiffy lube. I suppose I will take them to small claims court. Unsatisfied customer

SamHen Apr 05, 2012

Jiffy Lube at Osage in Santa Fe - Avoid - Terrible [email protected]!

I checked the oil when I got home and it did not even register on the dip stick. I had to add two quarts myself. They also just unscrewed the oil filter and let the oil drain out on to the skid plate of my vehicle. It ended up on my driveway. What a mess.

They also did not top off any fluids, and did not vacum out the vehicle as they said they would. $58 dollar mess.

I don't know about other Jiffy Lubes, but this one is to be avoided at all costs.

Next time I will take it to the dealer where the cost is the same, but at least you get professional service!!
    Use at your own risk the Jiffy Lube in Santa Fe