JG Wentworthunethical practice

E

I was totally ripped off. My ex husband and i wanted to buy a house and were so excited. It was in December 2006 we were all scheduled to go to court. I was to be selling 450thousand dollars for 125thousand dollars. We went into court and only had 10 minutes to sign the papers before we would see the judge. We went through and signed all the papers quite quickly then went to see the judge who then asked are you sure you want to sell part of your settlement. I was so excited to get my house and didn't have one minute to read what was signed neither did my ex. We just assumed we were signing what we agreed to on the phone. NOT TURE. I was stoled from. No scam. It was right out theft. Cost me 850 thousand. Worst part when i was going through my divorce my ex said to his lawyer she must have taken money out of her settlement. To both our surprise our lawyers checked my settlement both his and mine and found that JGWentwoths company stole it during our deal in 2006. Needless to say we were both shocked. Best advise. Keep your money find another way. You would be surprised what lawyers and greedy company will do. Too late for me. But not for you. Everything here is the truth.

RESOLVED

• Jg
    Jg Wentworth admin Oct 25, 2016

I do work for JG Wentworth and would be happy to speak to you. All states that have laws governing these types of transactions, (49 States have such a law) have disclosure periods which require that customers have a certain number of days to review the paperwork before you sign it, and this generally takes place weeks before your court date. You can reach me at my direct phone number [protected]. Rick Connelly

• El
    ElaAnn S Oct 20, 2016

Yes, Its absolute 100% true! You went there! My ex and i were. What a judgmental fool you are. Lucky you! You Must have not had much of a settlement for it to be taken from you. You mean Lack of TRUST!

• Sp
    Sphynxle Oct 20, 2016

First off, I'll state this right out that I do NOT work for JGW, but I have done a settlement with them, so I know how this works. You do not have "ten minute" to sign your paperwork. I was explained to from top to bottom how much money I would be selling and how much I would be getting back from it. They are INCREDIBLY up front about "You get this, and we take this", more so than some other companies I've tried dealing with. You state straight up you were too excited to read the paperwork - LEGAL PAPERWORK - they were giving you to sign. That is not JGW's fault, that is your own. Always, always, always read paperwork before signing ANYTHING.

Second, yes, they did "take" it back in 2006. When I sold part of my settlment last month, it was under the agreement that in 2020 when I get what is supposed to be the last half of my settlement, what I sold JGW and what I took out will already be deducted from the amount. This is not stealing - this is the agreement you made and agreed to when you signed a paper you were too excited to read.

Don't blame a company doing their job for your own lack of responsibility.