Menu
Specialized Loan Servicing [SLS]
reviews & complaints

Specialized Loan Servicing [SLS]
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

101 complaints
18 resolved 83 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Specialized Loan Servicing [SLS]. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
10:14 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Specialized Loan Servicing [SLS] - Fixed rate changed to balloon when account was sold to them

2nd mortgage paid for nearly 15 years fixed rate 14% coming up on maturity letter and saying we owe nearly 9 thousand dollars. Paid 211.22 to Citifinancial for 8 years and sold to SLS and paid 211.22 for 6 plus years. SLS claiming we have a balloon, however couldn't even tell me when it became a balloon. 14% Conventenal Mortgage to be paid off Nov 22, 2022. Do the Math clearly as if they disregarded all payments made to Citifinancial for the 8 years and trying to get a final payment we already paid them. This is FRAUD, and wrong on all levels. I am aware SLS is not a reputable company, but to do this is fraud. They no that there was no balloon because we had no reason to even change to any balloon. Who ever did this should go to jail and be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Wrong no matter how you sum it.

Desired outcome: Investigation to did what where and how not to be done to any other client! Legal action against fraud. Paid in full after nearly 15 years of payments of 211.22. Possibly shut down company

C

Specialized Loan Servicing [SLS] - Forbearance and loan modification

I have been trying to work with SLS on a forbearance plan starting in December of 21 it is now May of 22. They have continually strung me along asking for more and more paperwork. After I call and call and talk to a representative, they ask for more paperwork act like they are fixing some wrong information and say just send in this paperwork and will get things going! Only to have them call three days later saying we didn't receive all your paperwork, or something was missing or now we need pay stubs for this month! all that only for them to again send me this. As requested, your recent application for home loan assistants has been withdrawn. At who's request what are they talking about! They are string the homeowners along to try to foreclose on your property. from doing some research I have found many of the same complaints and law suits that SLS Specialized Loan Service is not complying with Regulation X

Desired outcome: To get my loan modification

2:37 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

During Covid shut down I requested forbearance for my home (April 2020). I received it but when I went to come out of the forbearance plan, in June of 2021, SLS removed me from forbearance plan. They did so as I was applying for a modification of my loan to have all payments in arears to be added to the end of my loan. I began the process, and stayed...

H
2:26 pm

Specialized Loan Servicing [SLS] - Payment not received

I refinanced with another company back in December of 2021. It is now mid February of 2022 and I still have not received my escro check from SLS. I paid my December mortgage that is still owed back to me due to the refinance on top of escro. I was originally sent a check for 3100 and I deposited it, and then it was cancelled after I deposited the check. My bank fined me, and when I called SLS mortgage they could not tell me why that happened or when I would get another check. I called again a week later and some lady told me my check would be mailed out but she did not know when it would get here. I then called AGAIN a week later after not receiving anything, and spoke with someone who said my check would mail out the following day. It has been a week now and there is still nothing in the mail. Every time I call I get a different answer or an "I don't know" and I was counting on this escro check to pay off bills I had.

Desired outcome: Refund me my escro check and December mortgage!

L
5:20 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Specialized Loan Servicing [SLS] - Not applying mortgage payment / my money disappears. Not applying mortgage payment in a timely manner when they apply it. It has happened 3 times.

October 16, 2019 $1000 sent. After calculating outstanding principal amount each month through December 2019, I saw that only $274.79 was applied. Where is the $725.20?

In October 2020 they did the same with $2000 I sent. They did not apply the full amount and stole my money. I had to call for the supervisor and they recalculated. I want 1 1/2% on the money they held for 2 months

Now they did it again in November 4, 2021 I paid $1200 and they applied $133.07. Where is my money! I called the second week of January to complain to a Daniel I believe. Nothing has been done about this stealing of funds.

This company is fraudulent. I will be writing about them to stockholders.

They have caused me to spend hours in calculation and in telephone calls. I am desperate to get out from their "servicing".

I have many pages of these practices. But they are found on their website in my account.

Desired outcome: I want my money returned and applied to my mortgage principals. I want interest on their using my funds at 1 1/2 % in 2021 and 2022.I want 1 1/2% on the money they held in 2019.

H
10:19 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

my payment went from$1, 474.35 (original payment since we opened this) to $1, 664.37 August 2021 and then up again to $1718 Sept 2021? I have never been notified of an increase. I have tried calling, sending emails and sent a letter. I have never been late and sept 2021 payment is showing a $53.52 past due. How is this even possible? How does my payment go...

View 0 more photos
L
5:40 am

Specialized Loan Servicing [SLS] - Escrow mis management

On July 9, 2021 I made SLS aware of my new home insurance policy.

On July 12, 2021 SLS made an escrow payment to the new policy.

On July 16, 2021 SLS made another escrow payment to the old policy causing a shortage of $2015.00

On July 19, 2021 a stop payment was placed on the transaction after I complained.

To Date, the money has not been returned to my account and my calls get transferred to different departments in a never ending loop.

Desired outcome: Return $2015.00 to my escrow account.

G
4:51 am

Specialized Loan Servicing [SLS] - Escrow mismanagement

After I changed Home insurance companies, SLS made payments to both the new company and the old one causing a shortage of $2015.00. They admitted the mistake but refuse to return the money to my account. Their message center tells me I have to call. When I call I get transferred to other departments in a loop that starts over again. It feels like my mortgage is being serviced by a mental hospital and the patients are running the asylum.

Desired outcome: Return my $2015.00 to my escrow account

J
12:33 pm

Specialized Loan Servicing [SLS] - Customer service

The Customer Service agents are rude, ignorant to the laws that pertain to their positions, and lie. We have three different incidents of breaking laws that are reported to the St. Attorney General's office for criminal charges.
They are above any law, kind of like most liberals in CO. Nope, it applies to us all and it's time that they get their education. Company business practices is to harass and bully.

Desired outcome: Put them out of business

1:32 pm

Specialized Loan Servicing [SLS] - Being over charged and ripoff

They are the worst Specialized Loan Serving is claiming I owe fifteen thousand dollars which I find wrong and ridiculous every time I mail a payment they have no problem cashing my checks the amount never goes down only goes up there customer service is rude nasty and tell me any money I pay is going for something else not towards my loan and they threaten me drop calls or disconnect me never off any help I do not trust them

Desired outcome: I want help and find out where my money goes

12:48 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name is Suzanne Chivrell my home 582 Eden Canyon Rd Berry Creek Calif 95916 was burnt down in the northern Calif bear fire on Sept 8 2020. I contacted the insurance company and started all the paper work etc. I purchased the home with my inheritance money from my separate account that I had not with my husband at the time, Klyde William Chivrell. We are...

Q
12:24 pm

Specialized Loan Servicing [SLS] - ACH after loan was closed with another company took our money!

We had refinanced with another mortgage company and closed before our payment was due - payoff figures had been created and signed for when Specialized Loan Servicing decides to ACH the payment 4 days after the date of closing - even when they knew we were leaving them and the payoff figures had been calculated. When we called they said the money was included in the excess escrow we signed for with our new bank. The amount they took was not included in that check, not possible, as it was an ACH from our bank monthly mortage amount and they are not wanting to return the money. When we called their Customer Service Department they said lucky we called because they would continue to draft the ACH out of our account. Crooks! Tried to dispute it with our bank, they couldn't do a thing. We just want our money back. We earned it and it does not belong to them. The deal with them is over, all fees had been paid in full and they are holding something that does not belong to them.

Desired outcome: Return of $1,117.38

B
1:56 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

You bought my loan last year. I changed all the info to your address and the first 3 payments went fine. My payment for 2/05/2021 never arrived to your office. It was paid from my bank to your office posted 2/05/2021. I talked to your company yesterday, and they seemed confused. First they said the $100 payment went into escrow instead of principle... Thi...

P
7:30 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Loan # 1026217412 Joseph L Wells Peggy L Wells Our loan was sold to SLS from State Farm Bank on Dec 10, 2020. I have since refinanced thru my own bank due to the numerous bad reviews of SLS. I now know why they have so many bad reviews. We obtained a payoff statement from SLS good thru 2/8/21. My bank sent them more than what the payoff statement said. I...

10:43 pm

Specialized Loan Servicing [SLS] - Information requested several times, still waiting

Here is what we have requested:
1. Copy of Mortgage contract
2 Copy of Promissory note dated 9/26/2006
3 Copy of payments made since inception of the loan
4 Copy of transferred of mortgage to SLS
5 Copy of Escrow account indicating payment made as well why in some situations there was not enough money in the escrow acct to make payments
6 copy of letters advising us that the payments were returned and reason
Hopefully we will not need to ask for this material again I want to make certain your information is identical to what I have in our personal files
Wilma C McCall, Jr Policy # 1011214352

B
5:48 pm

Specialized Loan Servicing [SLS] - Mortgage scam

Sls within a few months of buying my loan added a bogus 2nd homeowners insurance to my account to mark up payments. The money never got put in escrow. After 4 called and countless emails I got canceled what I was told was never paid. The policy was 4400 and a month after it was issued the refund was 1400. Pro-rate scam. Classic float scheme. This company has been fined for this before and it seams breaking the law is not only profitable but a model for business as usual. Until these folks are in jail the predatory practice shall won't stop.

J
10:53 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was presented the option to go into forbearance after losing my position in march and Covid -19. We were told the amount would be added to the end of the loan. After 3 months we were called by 3 different SLS reps confirming verbally that we were verbally extended forbearance. We went off there word and the correspondence should be recorded. We were...

6:20 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My husband bought this house in 2006 thru a mortgage co, since then it got sold to several companies, never missed a payment until late last yet, covd hit and he has not worked since then. They defaulted on the house the mortgage co was Ocwen, they were nice worked with us up till late last year. we decided to put the house up for sale and the day of...

G
6:43 pm

Specialized Loan Servicing [SLS] - Communication of newly acquired mortgages and their owners

You purchased our mortgage. Loan. From. Wells fargo. We have never received. Any paperwork or any other communications from. You. We owe our monthly payment but we can't. Get anyone to talk to. Us. I don't mind telling. You. That. We. Are not. Happy. With. This. Sale and our first. Impression. Of your company. Is. Not a good. One. You want. A. Payment? Call. Me at 870-550-5718 after.5:15cst.

W
11:45 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This is one of the absolute worst and untrustworthy Mortgage companies out there, they are under constant investigations for fraud if you investigate. I can't count how many times I have been told one thing and then find out the other when it is too late to fix. Case in point they lied and put me on their own hazard insurance when I already had hazard...

Specialized Loan Servicing [SLS] contacts