JFK Airportstolen items from checked bags

I was travelling from JFK to Mumbai and when I reached my destination I found that most of the gifts I had bought for family and friends was stolen from my checked in luggage. It is evident that these items were stolen in JFK! How else can anyone know that my bag contains these expensive items all nicely tucked in between clothes!!! And now there is nothing one can do but try and complain to the airport. They have cameras everywhere but I guess its not worth their time to go through the security tapes to see how and when my bag was tampered with.
Its not just about the money but about the inconvenience such things cause. Not happy with TSA or whatever it is in JFK. If it wasnt for security issues we would never allow these guys to check or screen our bags. But in the end who is watching these guys rob us?

stolen items from checked bags
stolen items from checked bags

• Al
    Alaa1515 May 13, 2017

Same just happened to my husband flying from JFJ to Amman in board of RJ262 on 12 May 2017. All his vauables and laptop stolen from his 2 suitcases.We reported to airlines already but not sure if anything else ww can do!

• Mo
    moutarjem Jun 07, 2012

further to my last post, i made a mistake; the trip was on saturday 01, 2012, not 2011

• Mo
    moutarjem Jun 07, 2012

same happened to me this saturday june first 2011, on an austrian airliner from jfk to vienna, one of my luggage was broken in such a way that it would never be accidental, my dear citizen echo drive and a luggage scale were not there.