iPayment Incdo not use this credit card processor

M

I am single mom and I started a small graphic design business. I already had clients paying with check, but it was an inconvenience for some, so I decided to ad credit card processing. Everything was fine and I had several transactions with my clients, until I was accused of not delivering service or merchandise by a new customer. After faxing all documents to this processor, proving the complete opposite, even a tracking number by UPS proving that the merchandise was delivered,
This processor went into my account and withdrew $1500 twice (total of $3000) in one day, and they are withholding over $4700 in customer transactions (total of $7800) and they are not returning my calls now. My bank account is overdrawn and I had no one to turn to. The initial dispute amount with the client is $270, and I even had a letter from UPS proving that the merchandise was delivered. This is putting me and my 2 kids in an awful situation. This processor is scam and they do not listen to their clients (let alone to give us the benefit of the doubt). They withdrew the funds and said that it could take up to 180 days for them to investigate..investigate what???? I gave you proof that it was delivered. This is a tactic used by ### to gain interest by holding funds of hard working Americans. DONOT AND I SAY IT AGAIN, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. We found them online thru gotmerchant.com.

Melissa

• Re
    reallyPO'd Jul 02, 2012

EVERYONE NEEDS TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THEIR DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE (consumer protection or fraud department) - it will cost you nothing and they need more reports on file. This egregious behavior is NOT TO BE TOLERATED...predatory, usurious, deceitful!

• Is
    IsaacV May 12, 2012

William has been really a headache to my buissines, i use to have another processor before but i decide to go with Flaggship because of lower rates, they open me account with ipayment, ipayment gave 1 week of service and i never receive my funds (4000 usd) so i decide tro contact them to ask if any problem, William said my bussines is a high risk and he will held the funds for 3 months to 1 year, at that time i had 0% chargebacks, and he also CLOSED my account, why are you closing my account? because i can he said, we dont want to do bussines with you, what about my money, the money is on held and will be release do not know when, at the next coming days ipayment took about another $500 usd from my checking account, i try to contact William again and he said he put me on a TERMINATION list, this damage my bussines reputationand now no one want to provide me service, thanks god i went to my old processor and they accept me, but now ipayment damage all my credit history, my bank has closed me mi 2 credit cards ($30, 000 usd) my 2 bussines account and my personal checking account, my bank said because of my bad reputation to do bussines, i been on the same bussines for 5 year with no problem, and 1 week service with ipayment damage all my good history, bussines and personal. i went to BBB, BBB just send him my matter and William answer my bussines is a high risk and thats it, are you kidding BBB? BBB closed my case, without any help to me, Who is William on ipayment, the owner, the boss or what? somebody need to fire him because hes damaging ipayment image and bussines. I will sue ipayment for damagin all my financial record, probably i get rich on that, i believe this is not going to be a $10, 000 sue, problably i will add another 0 to my savings.

• In
    Indigo156 Mar 30, 2012

These are typical problems with the card processing industry. I wish there would be a REAL government control on this industry who is sucking merchants blood. iPayment practice is a notorious scam.

Nothaving it Aug 04, 2011

I agree with every single complaint on this board. The guy that is being mentioned named WILLIAM is definitely a LIAR, a crook, rude and disrespectful. He called me to tell me that I needed to send a "bill of sale" for a transaction that was over my highest ticket ($2100), this was holding up all of my funds that weren't even over the ticket so I immediately sent him the information and called him the next day to verify that he had what he needed. He said the money would be in my account by Wednesday...Wednesday came and no money was deposited. Called again and he had a totally different story and said he needs to call the customer and confirm that they received the merchandise??? WTF?? I said to him. "that is NOT what you told me the other day and moreover I do NOT extend credit to customers when their funds have not been cleared. What kind of idiot do you think I am? With online fraud being at an all time high, you think I'm going to send a customer merchandise without receiving funds?" He then proceeded to tell me how I should run my business and that I should have capital to cover losses!!!???? What did I hire YOU people for? You're suppose to be on MY side to make sure that the customers information and credit card are secure!! He just kept digging his own grave and making me realize how much I despise the company and how they handle business.

I'm DONE with iPayment inc and WILL be filing a complaint with the Attorney Generals office. I used to work in law and know exactly what to do in a case like this. Trust and believe I am NOT tolerating this nonsense and I will make sure that iPayment inc is put on full blown blast for this type of behavior.
    I don't know which credit card processing service I am going to go with but I'm about to do some extensive research on ALL of them. I'm sure they all have their own ish with them but perhaps choosing the lessor evil will make me sleep better at night.

The fact that Flagship is # 1 on the Top Ten Reviews is appalling but then again that whole rating system is rigged anyway and Flagship spends a lot of money on Google Ad words to come up higher in search rankings and I'm positive they PAY to be ranked on Top Ten Reviews for Credit Card processors. DARN LIARS!!!

Note to all who is reading this. STAY AWAY from iPayment inc. I don't know where else is a good place to go as I have not experience the others yet but X them off your list...I'll be back with an update

• Bi
    Bill fanger Jul 14, 2011

I wished I had googled iPayment before setting up with them. This company is a bunch of crooks. They have over $5000.00 of my money that they are holding. I have sold and shipped out the merchandise. I have contacted them and provided them with the shipping numbers. But still they are holding the money. I should have stayed with google checkout. This is the worse company to do business with. they are even worse then PAYPAL. Stay away from Ipaymentinc, they are a scam.

maxdamal Jun 20, 2011

I agree with all of the above. I'm a new customer who thought I was signing up for one thing and got another. To date, my business has not had any sales, but I started getting $30 per month charges. When I called them up to find out why, since I had not even completed the sign-up process, they did stop taking the $30...instead they took $350 as a cancellation fee, without my knowledge or authorization. I have tried calling them repeatedly but have been unable to reach a live person. I'm a micro business person trying to become a small business. They are aware that my business has had $0.00 sales, but they still debited my account without any correspondence or warning. Now the aggravation begins, closing bank accounts, trying to get my money back, etc. It pays to Google any internet company before providing sensitive information. Today I was certain I would find complaints against iPayment and i was not disappointed. With the number of complaints against them it is difficult to believe they're still in business.

Mayphex Apr 21, 2011

Wait till you get all the fees coming your way. Process fee, termination fee $350 and more. Watch your bank account they take it without you knowing it.

none12346 Apr 21, 2011

They opened a merchant account with me and gave me a maximum transaction limit of $400 and $3000 a month. I told them "you reviewed my site, I sell mobile phones at retail price and my lowest priced phone is $479." They held ALL my funds in my account and wanted to call each and every customer before depositing the funds. I told them I will not ship expensive merchandise out for free, I need the money in my account first. I CANT BELIEVE how all these merchants these days expect you to ship out goods and then deal with collecting payments later..it doesnt work that way. Then they said they dont "feel comfortable" approving my transactions! Why did you accept my business in the first place?! I got a letter saying they terminated me

• Me
    merchantprotect Apr 18, 2011

I agree with the above post; if you are having problems it NEEDS to be reported, but the FTC is the GOVERNING agency over ISO's; file a complaint for EACH individual INSTANCE that you have been HARMED or suffered DAMAGES. The more ATTENTION the FTC gets regarding this or any other company will assist in them expediting their own investigation.

Also feel free to visit www.worsecreditcardprocessors.com where you will find even more information about companies like this; it's a free resource meant to educate the business community in respect to credit card processors who have developed reputations such as what is being discussed here.

• Vi
    victimized_by_ipaymentinc Apr 15, 2011

Ipayment has been successfully sued and the owner appears to be dodging a $300, 000, 000.00 judgment against him. Maybe this is why the company has such a huge tract record or poor customer service and shady business activity.

Ever since Ipayment began holding several thousand dollars of our money, we spoke to William in Risk management back in Sept of 2010. He was very rude on the phone and advised the funds would be on hold and they'd review the account in 30 days to see if they could be released. 30 days came and went, no funds released. We called William every 30 days for 6 months straight. Never answers phone, always goes to voice mail. Each time we were polite and asked for a call back. Not once did he attempt to call us. Either he doesn't care about customer service or he is scared of a possible confrontation.

6 months later they again held more funds. Called spoke to another person in Risk Management (who was actually a nice guy--you can still be nice and deliver poor news) and advised they were closing our account and here's the kicker--they would be holding our funds (back from Sept. and recent) for another 7 months. He explained it would take 30 days to cancel the account then they can hold the funds for another 6 months beyond that date. Contract says they can only hold funds for 6 months. Can someone say fraud????

Our business is now at the doors of bankruptcy and we've had to cancel and refund customer's unshipped orders. William called us to see why we were refunding some orders. He was rude and proceeded to tell us how to properly run a business. Huh? He ended up hanging up on us during the phone conversation midway through my sentence. Didn't even bother trying to call him back--why bother? Again, this was from a company we paid for a service. The good thing is we new what to expect from the conversation and recorded it!

If your reading this, most likely you already use this company, so there is no sense in warning you to stay away. Here's what you can do, won't get you much results but if your having a problem report them to the better business bureau. This will not force things in your favor, but in the very least you'll get a call back. Report it to there state's attorney general. Once they get enough complains on file, they'll open an investigation. Once a company is being investigated by the attorney general, they'll always find areas to focus on. Close your bank account and end your relationship with this company ASAP.

• Bl
    BLUESYWON Apr 04, 2011

omg I WISH I would have come here first! I payment is killing me! They are constantly rising fees and dipping into my account for fees they say I "Now Owe!" what can we do about this? I am a very small merchant trying to make it out of season and they are gouging me! HELP!!!

• Ce
    CecilLauren Mar 06, 2011

I have a 10 years account with them. Time to time this company do not deposit founds in my account for about 3 to 5 days!, they said because of technical issues...Last week they hold from my account 10.000 yes 10K for 60 days! to protect the account form charge backs!! ???? i have less than 08% charge back rate, and 98% of them, are friendly charge back, (customers trying getting out of the payment) after read all comments here, I have not doubts that ipayment is using our money to make more money in the market, If someone is going to file a serious complain or any way to proceed legally against this company please contact me. and keep posting your comments all over the internet!

• Eg
    egill Jan 21, 2011

Yeah, I spoke to the guy William at iPayment as well. I had been processing with them for over a year, and HAD (and still have) NO chargebacks -- none! Not one or two. . .NONE. I literally have a 0% chargeback rate. Most of my clients I have been working with for 5 years or longer. In November at the height of my business' busy season, iPayment decided to suspend my account (and hold my funds for 180 days) because I was in William's exact words: "A high risk merchant". I laughed at first because I thought he was joking, and I mentioned to him that I had a 0% chargeback rate in the 19 months I had been processing with them. He said that didn't matter, and that my business model (I'm an online business consultant and help new and existing business owners get their businesses online or enhance their business presence online) was "risky" as he put it. They of course dipped into my bank account for an additional $500 which they claim was to hold a "reserve" in the event of any chargebacks, and as I mentioned I have a 0% chargeback rate! I told my clients what transpired, and they all agreed it was crazy. I of course, did the work my clients requested me to do at no charge to them, since they had already "paid" me via credit card and iPayment held the funds, but I wasn't about to penalize my clients for my processors insane actions. Instead I went back to my old processor, who accepted me with open arms, and even matched the rates that iPayment was giving me, since it was the reason I left them in the first place. Avoid processing with iPayment at all costs. If you go through a merchant service provider, ask them who their processor is, and if they tell you it's iPayment, ask them to set you up with a different processor. You do have a choice.

• Cu
    CUCULANDRA Jan 11, 2011

THEY DID THE SAME THING TO ME, I OPENED MY ACCOUNT ON JANUARY 1ST AND I HAD SALES TOTALYING $3800 ON THE 4TH. TODAY IS THE 11TH AND I STILL DON'T HAVE THE FUNDS. WILLIAM REQUESTED INVOICES HE TOLD ME HE WILL LOOK AT HIMSELF THEN WHEN I CALLED TO SEE IF HE GOT THEM HE CLAIMS MY ACCOUNT IS WITH RAUL. RAUL NEVER ANSWERS AND THEN GINA GETS ON THE PHONE AND CLAIMS HE IS NEVER THERE. MEANWHILE I STILL HAVE BEEN RECEIVING PAYMENTS AND SHIPING ITEMS. NOW I AM STUCK. DO YOU GUYS HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT TO DO?

• Or
    oren Oct 28, 2010

I payment is a scam. I was charged $1000 fee for processing too much money, when I called and ask why I was charged that amount I was told that my agent put a $10000 processing amount on my account and since I processed more money I got charged extra $1000 addition to what I usually got charged. even though I am making them more money processing more money with them. In addition to that I have two more inactive accounts that I am getting charged $85 to keep them open. I did put this accounts on seasonal hold. but they still manage to find a way to get your money somehow.
    BEWARE

Mary Rettkowski Aug 24, 2010

I payment is a scam. Their charges are highway robbery. I got tired of their exuberant charges and got a new chredit card service, they scamed their way in my bank account to withdraw $1000. out of my account. What do I do?
    This is not right. Please do not make the same mistake I made. Do not sign up for i Payment