InStylerOrder Processing

I placed an order online on Dec 2, which was confirmed with Order #776743. However, I made an error on the order so I called Dec 3, to correct the error and was told the order wasn't in the system yet, that it takes 24 hours. I called again Dec 4, told order not in system, takes 48 hours.
Called again Dec 5. still not in system, told it takes 72 hours. Called again Dec 6, still not in system, told they don't know why.

• Ju
    Juan Dec 22, 2008

I ordered the Instyler, when I ordered the customer service told me that If for any reason I return the product I will be charge $16.46 fo restocking. The product did not work, so I return it. They changed me $40.00 for restoking fee. I called the Styler company to find out what is going on, and a very rude customer service representative told that there is nothing they can do.
    I was misleading by this company. This product does not work, and this is how they make money by misleading the customers. I do not know what to do.

• Ju
    Juan Dec 22, 2008

The same happen to me this product is a scam.

• Ni
    nicoleriv Dec 22, 2008

PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. I fought with them forever trying to get my money back. Their customer service is awful, I didn't even try their product because I heard horrible things about it. File a complaint with the BBB, that's RIDICULOUS that you were charged a restocking fee. I've never heard of such nonsense. Call your credit card and fight the charges, they're very bad people

InCrapper Jan 26, 2009

I ordered the InStyler for my niece as a Christmas gift. I found out the same day as I made the purchase that she had already been bought this product so I canceled the order the same day I placed it. Simple, right? Wrong. They DID NOT cancel the order (the say "too busy" to answer email when I called customer service @ 1-800-307-0078 -- can you believe it?).

They sent me the product via UPS and I refused it.

They sent it back, AGAIN. I refused it again.

Now they said I have to WAIT until they received it AGAIN for them to give me a credit. I regret having anything to do with this terrible company.

• Ka
    karma kills Jan 26, 2009

I ordered the Instyler during a "2 for the price of 1" deal with a 30 day trial for approx $34.95 + shipping. Great deal, right?! I couldn't wait to get online and order. The problem was, the $34.95 was 1 of 4 payments if you decided to keep the products. A detail they failed to mention AT ALL on the TV infomercial. Or, you could pay 1 low price of $124.00 (or so) for both now, and the 30 day trial still applied. I fortunately really like the Instyler, but I was miffed by the somewhat deceptive advertising about the price.

• Sw
    sweeetlove21 Mar 27, 2009

I just ordered 2 for 3 payments of 31.99. I knew it was going to be around that price, but to charge the 14.99 even if you decide to keep it? I haven't recieved it yet, so don't know if I got my moneys worth. I'm so surprised to see all these bad comments. My friend has really kinky hair and said it takes her 5 minutes to do and comes out like she got it done at a salon. I've seen her hair after she used it, it does look beautiful. Someone tell me besides the price and the way customer service handle your returns, did it work ok though? I want to know before I have to send it back and go through all that big mess. Just found this page today, after I placed the order. So if anyone has any feed back to my question I'd appreciate greatly. Thanks

• Je
    JETPGH May 10, 2009

I ALSO ORDERED THISAND REFUSED IT. SENT IT BACK THROUGH USPS AND OBTAINED A RECEIPT. INSTYLER MAILED IT BACK TO ME. I AGAIN SENT IT BACK THROUGH USPS. NOW THEY CLAIM THAT THEY NEVER RECEIVED THE PRODUCT BACK. EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A RECEIPT FOR BOTH TIMES I SENT IT BACK THIS COMPANY DENIES IT. I HAVE ASKED MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO STOP PAYMENT AND THEY DID FOR ABOUT 6 WEEKS. MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY SAYS IN THEIR INVESTIGATION THAT I NEVER RETURNED THE ITEM. AGAIN I HAVE THE RECEIPT'S FOR THE TWO TIMES I SENT IT BACK. I FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND MY NEXT STEP WILL BE TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE PA ATTORNEY GENERAL AND THEN TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT.

• Ll
    LL2005 May 14, 2009

I too ordered this product and it's a piece of CRAP! Don’t order from this company because it’s a SCAM!!! I sent the product back and I have a receipt to prove it. The problem is this company charged $66 to my account. I contacted customer service immediately and spoke to some guy who could not speak English very well and was EXTREMLEY rude and he told me that I needed an ID# in order to return my package. I told him that no one informed me about the return policy, as the box did not come with an invoice or instructions on how to send back. I demanded that my account be credited back the money. The customer service rep told me they have not received my package and that it was more than likely delivered to their warehouse and that I have exactly 10 days for the warehouse to return the package back to me and once I receive it I am to add the item number to the box and write on the box refuse and return to sender. If it’s not done in 10 days my account will not be credited the money. ALL I CAN SAY IS STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. Contact RIP OFF. com to file a complaint.

• Ca
    Carol Wargin Jun 30, 2009

I too ordered the product 2 for 1 deal on May 27, 2009. On June 19, 2009 I contacted the company to advise it was never delivered, I was advised to contact the US mail since it was given to them from Fed Ex to deliver. I advised when I ordered the product I told them my mailing address city is Plantation, Fl. they showed Ft. Laudredale, Fl. on the shipping confirmation. I agreed to check, the US postal advised they have not received the package to deliver. I sent the customer service an email advising I have not received the order, there was no response... Finally I called them today 6/30/09, waited 15 minutes on hold since they are so busy. The service put me on hold, tey came back and advised the supervisor approved a credit to my account for the entire amount of $139.96 which was already charged on my visa on 5/27/09.
    I was very upset they did not offer to send out another order, they did not offer a discount for my time of going back round-n-round to locate the package. They did not apologize, just credit my account. I really wanted to try this product, now I will invest the money in the Japanese thermol reconditioning at a salon...

• Co
    Consumer in TX Jul 06, 2009

Oh God, I'm experiencing the same thing with the fact that the order is taking FOREVER to show up as being processed! I ordered it last Tuesday.

• Ly
    Lynn1 Jul 13, 2009

I have had a similar problem with this company. I saw the info commercial buy one get one free. There was NO mention of any more payments other than the 14.99 plus shipping and handling and tax. When I spoke with customer service all they said was I had 30 days to try it and return if not happy. They NEVER mentioned any further payments. I was one of the fortunate ones and they never got any more money from me, because I had to change my card number. They had the old number and could not use it. This kind of misrepresentation should not be allowed.

instyler irons Aug 28, 2009

I Gwendolyn Moore have sent in money order payment of 139.96, sent in mail 7-27-09 and I have nothing send to me, nor can I track my order online. either send me my order or my money. Maybe you can afford for people to steal from you, but I can't. I hope that I'm wrong, I sent a money order and it should not have taken this long to get my order. This is the very reson why I don't like to buy using mail, online orders and phone. I would perfer to buy from a store in person.

instyler irons Aug 28, 2009

I would like to know why you hold a money order 20 days before you process an order? That dose not make sence to me. Live is to short and precious for people not getting their order in a timely matter. I will not stand for it. "Best believe me"!

• Bl
    BluntnessIsMyFirstName Sep 15, 2009

Wow. I can't say that I agree with the negative comments that some of you are throwing out there.

To the person that sent the money order...you CAN check to see if the M.O. has been cashed as long as you have the copy of it.

Those of you saying that you were never told that the Instyler would cost you anything more than $14.99. Seriously?! Did you honestly believe that you would be getting an amazing product for a mere $15?! Give me a break! The commercial flat out says "TRY IT for only $14.99, and if for any reason, you don't love it, return it within 30 days" It does not say "This product can be yours for ONLY $14.99"

Stop trying to blame your naiveness on this company, and realize that this is YOUR fault!!

• Co
    Company responsiblity Sep 15, 2009

RIDICULOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NEVER OUR FAULT. The company's customer service management is I N T E N T I O N A L L Y evasive and UNACCEPTABLE. You're an embarrassment to try to defend this because I know for a fact that there are some sales associates that DO TRY to say you only pay $14.99 to just get their sale & commission. I know this because they tried to do this to my friend and I actually tried to purchase the product as well. Thank God I was spared. I suggest you try contacting the Texas Attorney General and go through formal complaint procedures against the company. THEY SO BADLY DESERVE IT!!!

MadatBluntness Oct 08, 2009

I have a complaint against bluntnessismyfirstname, why would you add to already disheartening of customer services? I don't care what product it is, we all are looking for bargains and if it says 14.99 that's what we think. This is tricky advertising purposely designed to extort money from yes (naive costumers) this is wrong. I am looking at the infomercial now and decided to research, everyone doesn't know to do that. I'm very careful when it comes to my money, not cheap, careful. You are right to a point when you say you shouldn't expect much for 14 dollars, and I would have suspected it isn't a good product for that price, I started researching before they showed the price. Still some people believe what they see, and get excited and move forward. It isn't fair that someone would use that against them to extort money. Besides that they have poor service in general, who would have known. Then to say it's their fault is just mean, not blunt.

• Tr
    treece Oct 17, 2009

I had ordered InStyler and before I received my Instyler, I received a phone call about
    joining something that would cost me $24.99 a month. The person on the other line
    talked so fast and then transferred me to another representative and spoke twice as fast.
    They were very pushy, and I repeated stated that I did not want it. But they kept talking, and I repeated "cancel" now. So, I had not seen any statement with this monthly
    charge. But the thing is that I had not received the InStyler Qty 1. Well, I received Qty 2. I was not happy. I had used this product once and I'm not impressed, over-rated. And
    yes they did not tell me that this product was going to charge this huge amount.
    I'm sending both back. I went on-line and there was a clause in there that products must
    be sent back within 5 days of purchase with an approved return authorization. Not only
    do I have to pay shipment on two products! If you are not satisfied with the product,
    send it back within 30 days is a crock! Return in 5 days! I had not received a return
    ticket authorization yet. Also, got taken by purchasing a monthly auto-shipped
    supply of hair products. Well, these products are pretty generic. I probably can buy
    a better named product at the dollor store. Read the small print. Don't get taken. And
    report complaints to BBB. POOR SALES REPRESENTATION.

• Lp
    Lpena Dec 17, 2009

I had ordered in styler & I received on 11/19/09 and I did try it but I do not like it, so I send it back on 12/03/09 but you now WHAT they send it back to me & I call them & they said the reason why they send it was because I do not call, so I have to paid again this is unacceptable. luisa

• Lp
    Lpena Dec 17, 2009

please be more responsible with your products I need to get my money back, & this is the worst experience ever. Lpena

• Id
    idalaskan Jan 01, 2010

LADIES - DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT. DO AN ONLINE SEARCH - READ COMMENTS AT www.pissedcustomer.com AND TYPE IN INSTYLER. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS ONLINE!!! THEY ARE SOLD AT TARGET AND THEY GAVE ME MY MONEY BACK WHEN I RETURNED THE INSTYLER ... NO QUESTIONS ASKED! THIS IS THE WORST CASE OF FALSE ADVERTISING EVER! I HOPE SOMEONE SUES THESE PEOPLE!!

• Sw
    Sweetdiamond3355 Jan 26, 2010

I specifically told them when I ordered the product that I didnt want these items or to be charged and I just realized both companies have been charging my account for the last 5mnths and caused me 7 overdraft fees

• Be
    Beverly Lane Jan 27, 2010

i cant get to the form for the gift card and i guess no one else can i would like my card just like you want you money

• Kk
    KKAJAKJANAKNAKAK Jan 30, 2010

Instyler charged the credit card without any order.

There are 100% FAKE and garbage people.

Watch them carefully.

• Po
    pomom Feb 08, 2010

The Instyler is a scam I purchased this for my daughter for Christmas the orange rotaiting part just fell apart the 1st time she used it.Now I call and they say to send back so ok I send it back 1/12/10 on 1/27/10 I call and they say they recieved it and are shipping a new one out.2/2/10 I call and they said they never recieved the broken one "after I have proof" .They told me once they were shipping now they say they never got it.What a SCAM I am so mad and dissapointed that my daughter is having to see what ppl are really like.I have called the BBB and will file a complaint.They take your money & you recieve nothing for a product to fall apart in 1 use is also rediculous.

marla schultz Mar 25, 2010

DONT ORDER THIS PRODUCT! IT DOESN'T WORK. I CALLED WITHIN THE MONTH TIME FRAME AFTER
    USING THE PRODUCT A FEW TIMES AND MY HAIR ISN'T CORSE, HAS A NATURAL WAVE AND THIS PRODUCT DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!

DON'T ORDER FROM THEM. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE, UNREASONABLE STAY WAY. BUY A CONAIR BIG BARREL CURLING IRON FOR $25..
    they are horrible!!

• Be
    beenie May 04, 2010

I ordered the Instyler online on 4/24/10 with the 2 for 1 kits for a trial of $14.99. A couple of days later, a customer service rep called my house stating to confirm my shipping address then offering some kind of savings coupons for an initial trial fee of $1.00, then after 30 days, if I do not call and cancel it, my credit card will be charged $24.99 per month. I told her that I did not want this, just the Instyler. The customer service rep talked soooo fast I barely caught all this info. When I told her I did not want this savings coupon offer, she became extremely rude and began to cut me off when I was talking telling her that I do not want it and do not charge my card with anyone else. I began to yell at her telling her NOT TO CUT ME OFF WHILE I AM TALKING. She continued to cut me off while I was talking. I told her she better stop cutting me off and better not hang up on me while I'm talking because she called my house. I was soooo upset after this call, that I NO LONGER wanted the Instyler. I called that day to cancel, and the guy said that the order had already shipped and he could not cancel. I checked the track my order online, and it said that my order had NOT shipped. Well, that was a week ago, and I still haven't seen my Instyler when the guy told me that it had already shipped. I am sooooo disappointed that I messed with these people online. I should have just bought it from Target and tried it and if I didn't like it, I could just return it to Target.

• Ke
    Kerpinator May 04, 2010

This product seems like a piece of junk. I bought one and i am not happy with it. i cant seem to get anyone in customer service at Instyler to answer my calls and tell me how to get a refund. Does anyone else have one of these things? In the commercial it looks like it really works so easily.

• Ev
    evi May 30, 2010

i have ordered instyler and never received it. i had to go on the web to get a phone number. calling was totaly unbelieveable. i was tol my shippment should be at my adress on 5-20-2010. i might want to check with my neighbors to see if it got delivered there. look, i am a foreigner but did not just came off the boat

• Ki
    Kitkat0113 Aug 01, 2010

i was reaching out to value plus to cancel trial and cannot find website or no answer on phone to cancel trial. value lied and said i would receive free 50.00 card never received it. total scam and am not pleased and feel they will take money out of my account...STOP THE SCAMS...

• Mo
    morena18 Aug 02, 2010

they send me the same later and the check for that amount of money, i dont have it i was wondering waht can i do so they could stop if you could guide me or let me know what can i do please email me at [email protected] i would really be happy.

• Mo
    morena18 Aug 02, 2010

They send me the same letter and the check, i don't know what to do so they could be stop if you could help me stop them i would be glad to help you guys

• Li
    lizzyla Oct 21, 2010

I received the In Styler, it's almost useless! I also received a CONFIRMATION CALL that turned into an insane promtional event. WHAT A SCAM! After the 10 minute call I had been singed up for three trial offers. I didn't even know what they were. Everytime I said no I'm not interested, they'd say "it's worth it to try it you can cancel it any time." I was told when the offer came in the mail there would be phone numbers that I could use too cancel anything I didn't want. But if you forget to cancel them, they will be a monthly charge on your credit card. My biggest fear was that I would never get the infomation that they were talking about, or I would foget about cancelling and the charges would be added to my card each month. I took the number that was used to call me from the caller ID. The person that I got kept trying to get me to stickk with the trial offer until it wsa up. I said I wanted if off my credit card today!! He finially gave me the 3 numbers to call. They will continue even as you're cancelling to tell you Christmas is coming you should keep it etc. Just be firm and say I want it off my card today!! You can cancel even if the offer hasn't started yet. I said I was given this offer after ording the In Syler and I'm not interested in it. These are the offers and numbers that you can use to cancel.
    Shopper advantage - 800-5264848 - Great Fun - 877-488-9480 - Budget Saver - 800-475-1942 Good Luck! Be Firm!!!

• Po
    PO'd client Dec 02, 2010

I received the same CONFIRMATION CALL which turned out to be a big sales pitch that would cost me $29.99 per month. More alarming is the company already had my name, my address, and the credit card number I used to order the Instyler. I contacted Instyler's customer service and they told me I should have read their privacy disclosure. I went to their website and all the way at the bottom it says privacy so I clicked on the link and it does say they will be giving my info to third parties for promotional purposes. I told them I didn't want the product and I will be stopping payment on my credit card and reporting them to the BBB.

• Ro
    Robin Aviles Jan 29, 2011

Hi

My Instyler brush is wore out and it need to be replace. Do I have to spend another $100 or more for another Instyler.
    You really need to make the brush on the Instyler replaceable.

Thanks,
    Robin

• Br
    Brobyn2 Sep 17, 2011

The Instyler was given to my daughter for her 17th Birthday. Nov. 23, 2009 and fell apart while she was useing it on January 27, 2010 Gee Wizz what a rip off. Customer Service is not very helpful... they don't care. They already have your money so in other words SCREWED Big Time!! I would think they would rather keep a million happy customers That would order a new one every two years, for more profit, than screw people over and take there money and laugh in there face... Sad for me and VERY SAD for my daughter. I really wish they where a honest business. Paid alot for Instyler and would pay it again if IF it would last at least a year or longer... what happend to good ole' American Spirit !

• Bu
    BURN-NOTICE Apr 18, 2012

The older model do not come with a saftey shield to protect user from burning your skin. I have many burn scars. The newer model come with a shield that they do not sell separately. They recall the older model for consumer protection and replace at no charge the newer model.

• Bu
    BURN-NOTICE Apr 18, 2012

THEY SHOULD RECALL AND REPLACE AT NO COST

• Ev
    Evelyng Leon May 08, 2012

I bought the product a year ago and i rarely use it. I dont style my hair much only for special occassions. I used my instyler like 10 times and this last time it just shut down it doesnt work I paid $110.00 for this product at walmart and for it just to die like that not cool. i want my money back.

• Na
    navneer Sep 22, 2012

Instyler not working sent comp many time

• Di
    Divya Purushotham Dec 04, 2012

I just got my InStyler 20 days back. We used it only 3 or 4 times. But now the power is not at all passing to it. And there is no warranty card with it. What can I do? I want it to get repaired. But where and how?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices