Menu
BestWigOutlet Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

BestWigOutlet
reviews and complaints

www.bestwigoutlet.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.4 10 Reviews

How responsive is BestWigOutlet's customer service?

1 Resolved
9 Unresolved
Poor 🫤
BestWigOutlet is a rare visitor on ComplaintsBoard, so the pace of resolving complaints leaves much to be desired. We believe they should spend more time and effort on reviews to naturally grow customer loyalty. As for reviewers, we'd advise carefully reading existing reviews to understand what to expect. It's also helpful to go through the few complaints that BestWigOutlet has already resolved to get a clear picture of their customer interaction and potential challenges in resolving your personal issue.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for BestWigOutlet has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

BestWigOutlet reviews and complaints 10

Sort by:

Newest BestWigOutlet reviews and complaints

1:21 pm EDT

BestWigOutlet Estetica Orchid in R8/26H

I love the wig I ordered from Best Wig Outlet. (ORDER NUMBER B337697) It's beautiful but the color on the website did not appear correctly. The wig is way too blonde for me. I am not asking for a refund - just a different color. The R8/26H is not wearable at all. The color chart is misleading. The customer service representative refused to help me.

Desired outcome: I would like my Estetica Orchid in a darker color. Everything about the wig is perfect except the color. I'm not in a financial position to throw away 176.00 with my current treatment regimen.

H
10:39 am EST

BestWigOutlet Wigs

I ordered some hairpieces from this co. called Best Wig Outlet. Well they are not the best. I ordered 2 pieces thinking the colors would match. Well they did not match. I contacted the company to let them know this situation and wanted to return and place another order with them. I told them I would keep the one piece since it was a swirl hair piece and could get by with the color. However the other hairpiece would give my hair 3 different colors witch would not be acceptable. I would have been more than happy to order another item at no monetary loss to them. The item would have cost more. I was told that I could not return the item. This company is not upfront about their policies and make returns difficult. They tell you to get a RMA number thru there website. Well that is impossible. So I called there number and was told that is not the case have to get number by calling company. Than told could not return. They do not let you know this information until you receive the item. This is a deceptive practice. There are other wig companies to order from and I suggest that people should order from the other companies since the wigs offered are available elsewhere without the ridiculous hidden return rules. I have never done business with a company this is so devious! Most companies are more than happy to keep their clients satisfied. Too bad because I was going to order a more expensive item. There loss.

2:12 am EDT

BestWigOutlet The worst wig outlet!

I have ordered a human hair wig from BestWigOutlet and received a terrible super shiny synthetic wig! Before I made my order I called the company and asked about the return process. They claimed that I can return the wig in case if I'm not satisfied with it. They also said that they offer a free return shipping and full refunds. I trusted them and that was the biggest mistake I've ever made! I wanted to returns the wig but they said that it was not possible and that they don't do refunds or exchanges. Then I asked for a manager and they said that manages was not available. Terrible unethical company! My issue was never resolved and they did nothing to help me.

Is BestWigOutlet legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals BestWigOutlet as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 10% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, BestWigOutlet stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering BestWigOutlet should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

BestWigOutlet earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: BestWigOutlet achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for BestWigOutlet. The company provides a physical address, 2 phone numbers, and email, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

BestWigOutlet has claimed the domain name for bestwigoutlet.com for a long time, which suggests that the website is established and has a history of being in operation. This is a positive sign, as it indicates that the website has been around for a while and may have a reputation to maintain.

Bestwigoutlet.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

We looked up BestWigOutlet and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Bestwigoutlet.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While BestWigOutlet has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 10% of 10 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to BestWigOutlet. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
1:36 pm EST

BestWigOutlet Dishonest Company

I ordered a wig from BWO about 3 weeks ago (early November, 2015), thinking I would try a VERY CURLY wig, although my hair is straight and I wear straight wigs all the time. As soon as it arrived and I opened it, I realized it was too much hair for me, but I tried it on anyway to prove to myself that I couldn't tolerate it! I took it off, placed it back in the hairnet and box it came in, called for an RMA # and returned it the next day. I just received the following email from the company: We have received your return # 1115069. However, we did not receive the Paulina in Original Conditions, the item has been used. Our Inspection Department has denied your refund request. 1. The hair is tangled up. 2. The hair is very frizzy. 3. All the curls are loose. As your request had been denied unfortunately, we will have to send the item back to you just the way we received it. Since the Paulina was a no exchange and no refund the vendor will not accept damaged items. Thank you Sincerely, Customer Service Best Wig Outlet http://www.BestWigOutlet.com/ We have received your return # 1115069. However, we did not receive the Paulina in Original Conditions, the item has been used. Our Inspection Department has denied your refund request. 1. The hair is tangled up. 2. The hair is very frizzy. 3. All the curls are loose. As your request had been denied unfortunately, we will have to send the item back to you just the way we received it. Since the Paulina was a no exchange and no refund the vendor will not accept damaged items. Thank you Sincerely, Customer Service Best Wig Outlet http://www.BestWigOutlet.com/ Clearly, this company is so desperate to make money and cheat the customer in order to do so, that they would ruin this wig themselves in order to make a few dollars. How sad that we have to deal with such dishonesty and corruption when we've all discovered such a simple and seamless way to shop. THEY have now ruined this wig, NOT ME, and I'm out $200. Never again...and I will call my bank to have this purchase reversed and have the company investigated. [protected]@gmail.com

9:35 am EDT

BestWigOutlet WIG

I PURCHASED A WIG FOR CANCER AND OTHER PURPOSES. IT TURNED OUT TO BE A CHEAP COSTUME WIG. I THREW IT AWAY AFTER FILING A COMPLAINT WITHOUT BEING COMPENSATED.
I purchased a wig for cancer and other purposes. They sent a junk, costume wig It was thrown away since Best Wig Outlet would not assist me with resolving the issue. I guess money is best made by them on restocking fees on returns and not paying for the shipping costs for returns. I ended up having to discard the junk wig to the refuge collection center. Never used. It was a five dollar wig that Best Wig outlet sells for a lot of money. Beware...

2:12 pm EDT

BestWigOutlet Terrible Customer Service

I've ordered two wigs from them within the last 6 months and neither was what I ordered. I had ordered the first wig a few times before and didn't open the package right away because I 'assumed' it would be the same. It wasn't and by the time I opened it I could no longer send it back. The most recent purchase is terrible. The sizing is wrong and it looks NOTHING like it does on their web page. I called and the the customer service rep didn't even ask what was wrong. Just told me it would cost $30 to restock the item. I shouldn't have placed the last order, but figured the other one was my fault because I didn't open it right away. There are many places to order wigs online. I don't recommend that you use this site.

6:17 pm EDT

BestWigOutlet Its defective!!!

I have ordered a few wigs from this company before one of them being the same wig I'm complaining about. i have never had a problem with them or the wigs they have sent me until now. i understand their policys are CLEARLY stated and all the restocking fees and bla bla bla here are my email back and forth. alll i wanted was my shipping returned! AHHH sorry to say they lost a customer over $6

i did get my wig today and the color is great but there is a problem with the wig it self... it has a bald spot on the back of the wig where you can see the weaves. after looking at it for a little while it seems that there is missing hair that was not sewn into the weave it self. i'm not sure how you want me to send this back ? i have attached a photo to show what the problem.
so i sent it back and they called and i was soooo angry about not refunding my shipping because i felt it WAS a def. i sent them this email:
i talked with some one to day stating that my wig was not a defect that it is the way the manufacture is indeed selling them that way, and i could not get a refund for the shipping i paid out to send it to me and then to send it back to you. i am rather upset about this, i have ordered wigs from you in the past and i'm sure you can see my history of that. i have ordered this same EXACT wig in a different color and it is fine, so why would the this not be a defect? i just cant see the manufacture standing by this product and saying yes this is good and we intended for a bald spot in the back... i even sent pictures showing how bad it really was in one of my first emails. I really would like it if some one could take another look at this case to see if my shipping both ways could be returned back to me. i have been a long time customer and very faithful to bestwigoutlet and will continue to be as along as this matter gets taken care of. thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.
and this is what i got back HAHAHA

Dear Valued Customer,

We have reviewed this case and also the results of our inspection and the manufacturer’s inspection and both verified that the item was not defective. Unfortunately, the store credit will remain and you can place an exchange order at any time within a year. To place an order using store credit, please call our customer service line and we will be able to process your exchange request. Thank you.
Sincerely, ~BWO

Their customer service went down the tubes, i will no longer do any business with them and the word of bad mouthing spreads much faster then any good that would come from this mouth

Read full review of BestWigOutlet and 1 comment
1 comment
T
T
Tammara C
Brooklyn, US
Sep 23, 2010 12:06 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have gone back and forth with BestWIgOutlet...BWO for the past 2 months and am horrified at how terrible I was treated. This was my first and LAST experience with BWO. I spend around $2000.00/ year on hair extensions/wigs etc and have had plenty of positive orders from other companies. I received a wig that looked absolutely NOTHING like the proclaimed pic or decription and the colour was way off. What I received was very similar to a halloween costume wig at best. I immediately called to complain and got the exact protocol for returning the wig for exchange only, per BWO policy. I had the INTACT, UNTRIED ON, TAGS ATTACHED, ALL PARTS ENCLOSED, WIG IN ITS ORIGINAL BOX, shipped back to company with all paperwork enclosed for 10.00 us dollars.the very next day!...two weeks later, I was still waiting for exchange product to arive. I sent emails, called BWO...told "its being processed"...another week goes by and my original package shows up via UPS back on my doorsteps with a big red stamp reading..."refused by addressee"...the next morning, I received an email stating that the product had been used and was not in its original state! WHATTT? really...that was such crap when I know exactly not to handle/try on etc anything that needs exchanged. I went around with BWO and told them that they had sent me this "crap"...they said "It doesn't look like the item"...DUH! that was MY complaint!...The BWO staff ended up laughing at me over the phone and wished me luck in getting anyone to help me any further with the matter. BEST WIG OUTLET= BEST SCAMMERS EVER...BUYERS PLEASE BEWARE!...Tammie

L
6:14 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

BestWigOutlet Bad Customer Service!!

Best Wig Outlet sent a 30% off coupon to my emal. Based on this sale I purchased an item but during checkout the coupon code was "invalid". I proceeded with the order after trying to enter the code numerous times. I then contacted the company to inform them of their coupon glitch and asked them to honor their special. I have been a customer for several years and was quite surprised at their TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! They basically stated, sorry you didn't call us before the order was actually placed. Their is nothing we can do! They refused to listen to the problem, was unprofessional, and treated me like a nuisance rather than easily addressing this minor glitch. I will never do business again with the "Best" wig outlet. They care nothing about their customers. BEWARE OF SAVING TACTICS and then not honoring them!

Read full review of BestWigOutlet and 8 comments
8 comments
CandidComments
Apr 18, 2020 2:01 am EDT

Try Wilshire Wigs att 5241 E. Craner Ave, North Hollwood, CA 91601. Go to www.wilshirewigs.com. They have been in business since 1967! They always have sales and are competitively priced. If I can make a recommendation: in the event you ever receive a damaged item or receive a shipment that's incomplete, take pictures of it and even do a short video as you're unpacking it. Always show the condition of the wig with the tags still attached. If you have no proof as in pictures then you could be scamming them for all they know. Without proof, there's no way to know on either end whose scamming who. So always take pictures with time and date stamp and keep the tags attached on the wig for the pictures.

I once received a very large box of about 12 wigs and the box it was shipped in was damaged. I told the FED EX guy I wasn't going to accept the box until I could verify that all pieces were in the box. He stayed and counted the items in the box with me. You have to have proof and it's best if you put everything in writing because there's no proof that you left a voice message, if you did. So cover yourself because scam artists are everywhere and wig stores are no exception.

F
F
Farm mom
Jul 14, 2019 9:31 am EDT

I was afraid after I had placed my order and then found these reviews that I was going to have a complete disaster in getting my wig, getting it right, you name it I was almost sick thinking about what kind of mistake had I made ordering from this company. Well my experience was ALL good. I got the Jackson wig from Noriko. Got the color I ordered it came in 4 days and I love the wig. BUT these wigs in this brand do run a bit small. So I just cut out the part in the back that you can tighten up and it fits fine. The wig came packaged well and I am so happy to say that I DID NOT experience any of the bad reviews up above.

S
S
Samantha Mixon
Oct 15, 2018 6:27 pm EDT

I have used this company since getting terminal cancer. However, my last 3 orders have been cancelled by email due to the product not being available. Then why put a hold on my debit card if you can’t sell it? Additionally, I called to see if I could get a replacement color. The first time they did. The past two times they’ve made me reorder. Being on disability, I have to wait for them to release the hold on my card. This evening I called and asked to speak to the supervisor concerning the latest cancellation since the rep was of no help. She didn’t even apologize. Then said she was the supervisor! I asked why they didn’t update their website daily. They said they do and it’s a first come first go basis. I ordered the wig 4 DAYS ago and just got a cancellation notice 30 minutes before they closed today. You can get the same wigs at a variety of stores for much less. I was able to buy two of the same for basically the price of one at this company. They arrive quicker too. So, in a nutshell, they are too expensive, slow, rude, misleading. I think they are surviving off of payments they ultimately have to refund.

Dawn Penn
Nov 22, 2016 11:06 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

BEWARE - HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! I own a salon and am extremely disappointed with "Best Wig Outlet" online store. Their wigs DO NOT match the coloring samples on their website. Furthermore, they DO NOT even remotely match the color description given. I have returned several of their products and have NOT received any explanation or refund. Below is a pic of the last wig I received (pic 1). It is described on "Best Wig Outlet" website as being Bright Red Auburn (pic 2). No solution has been offered from Alicia, the Customer Service Manager. ORDER AT YOUR OWN RISK - DO NOT EXPECT TO GET THE WIG YOU DESIRE OR ANY HELP FROM "Worst Wig Outlet" CUSTOMER SERVICE! This company is a scam and I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau.

Reneesb
Sammamish, US
Jul 03, 2014 1:44 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They advertised on their website that any order over $50 would get free shipping. I placed my order (for over $50) and they charged me for shipping.

I cancelled the order and sent an email indicating why. They sent me a lame email saying that I must not have met the requirements (I did)

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM! They are a total scam!

N
N
Nicholas H
Watsonvi, US
Jun 14, 2014 3:11 pm EDT

Do not do business with Best Wig Outlet. They have a pretend return policy, which you have to dig for. I did get an Return Authorization Number from them in order to exchange the color. I was not returning the wig, nor asking for a refund. They then told me that they needed to check with the manufacturer to make sure the product was 'like new' condition. It was; it had all the original tags and I had tried it on to see the color and then immediately returned it to the box for shipping. Other comments are correct in that they do not listen; they seem to have conned responses to any problems...I'm going back to my usual vendor, even if I pay a bit more, at least they treat me like a good customer and not like an idiot that doesn't know what is going on. They are outright liars, as far as I can tell.

karly123
Prospect Heights, US
Feb 04, 2012 12:56 pm EST

I too had a similar incident. The customer service was ok, but my wig had a bald spot right at the top! In the hair line there was a strip of hair missing. How can that not be a defect? People don't buy wigs to "have a bald spot". BWO said they sent it to the manufacturer and same thing. The wig with the bald spot actually had a different hairline and everything seemed different about the wig also. I noted all this to the customer serv rep who helped me. I even wrote a letter back with my return stating the "problem" and all the differences with this. Again, the manufacturer said there was no defect.
So, then I do an exchange, and the exchange piece I didn't like, so I call them again for a return number. The same rep took my call and is giving me all different credit amounts. She was very confused. I don't want to do business with them anymore. She didn't even know my return amount, and kept changing the total. I know I am getting ripped off, but the whole transaction seemed just a mess. I just want to spend this "credit" and not order with them again.

kristenmix
Nashua, US
Sep 03, 2010 6:01 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

. i did get my wig today and the color is great but there is a problem with the wig it self... it has a bald spot on the back of the wig where you can see the weaves. after looking at it for a little while it seems that there is missing hair that was not sewn into the weave it self. i'm not sure if you want me to send this back or toss it? i have attached a photo to show what the problem.
and this is what i got back HAHAHA

Dear Valued Customer,

Sincerely, ~BWO

10:27 am EDT

BestWigOutlet Impossible & Hidden Return Policy

They first sent us the wrong wig in the right box, we ordered correctly and they sent the correct box, but the wrong contents... so much for Quality control... this company has none.

This is my wifes eighth purchase from this company and though they got the color right this time and it Says it is a Freya Aspen wig it is no longer made in China. ALL of the previous six aspen freyas purchased from these folks were made in China...
This one is just of poor quality, It is in fact made in Korea. She tried in vain to get it to style the way she wanted it, like past ones, for at least two of their three days before giving up.
It is just plain not the same product as the last six wigs she has ordered from you over the last two years.

Due to my wife treatments she did take longer than three days to evaluate this wig and I apologize for that but as compassionate people you must realize that 3 days is just not a realistic time frame sometimes. There are sick people that do not wear a wig by choice that might need more time to evaluate a wig.

We asked them to just keep this simple and issue us an RMA and take this wig back.

They did/will NOT issue the RMA because she took longer than three days to decide if she liked their product...LUDICROUS when dealing with cancer paitents and alopecia suffers a person might be too sick to even look at a wig for three days.

BUYER BEWARE WITH THIS COMPANY. USE YOUR AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD> THEY ACTUALLY HAVE THE NERVE TO CHARGE A FEE IF YOU ASK YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO "chargeback" A PURCHASE

O
12:29 pm EST

BestWigOutlet Awful Item, Lost Money

I ordered a new wig and service was prompt. They shipped the next day. I ordered a Sale item because I knew the style and make, own the same one. The wig that arrived, a Raquel Welch was stiff as if it had product on it or was dry. It had no RW card attached and it had choppy pieces of hair. It was dull and ugly. My old used one in the same style is wonderful after 1 1/2 years of use. They were nice about the return, said they would refund if defective. After waiting almost 3 weeks they said that the Manufacturer said it was not defective. They later said they fulfill items by ordering from the mfg. I know this is an “error” since it was shipped the next day from their store In La Mirada. I do not believe they ever sent it to the mfg., the wig was terrible. At first they offered me a full value exchange then back tracked and I lost 56% of my money. This wig may have been a demo at the store or a partially used return or? Awful experience and would never trust this company again.
Even if you get a good item and want to exchange they have an unreasonable re-stocking fees and will refuse any coupons used or current. There are much better wig companies out there.

Read full review of BestWigOutlet and 2 comments

2 comments
CRO1
Nov 13, 2023 4:31 am EST

I paid 247.00 for a defective, ratty wig and was refunded 177.00. This place is a total scam and with all the similar complaints I see all over the internet, they need to be investigated immediately.

A 1.5 star BBB rating is pathetic. Supposedly a 15% restocking fee? That’s a 30% restocking fee for a defective wig with bangs that had been cut!

dallen7769
Clintondale, US
Apr 27, 2010 10:35 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

THIS COMPANY GETS AN F FORM US IN HOW TO HANDLE AND RESOLVE SENSETIVE CUSTOMER PROBLEMS WITH THEIR PRODUCTS. sOMETIMES THEY JUST NEED TO BITE THE BULLET AND TAKE A LOSS AND ACCEPT A RETURN. ONE DISGRUNTLED CUSTOMER TELLING ALL THEIR FREINDS NOT TO BUY FROM THAT PLACE HAS A RIPPLE EFFECT.

YOU REALLY REALLY WANT HAPPY CUSTOMERS.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact BestWigOutlet customer service

Website

Most discussed BestWigOutlet complaints

Awful Item, Lost Money
(opinions to this review)

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with BestWigOutlet?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with BestWigOutlet Customer Service. Initial BestWigOutlet complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for BestWigOutlet above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about BestWigOutlet. Discuss the issues you have had with BestWigOutlet and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.