Ace Wigs company logo
Ace Wigs
reviews & complaints
Ace Wigs
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

17 complaints
10 resolved 7 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

Ace Wigs reviews & complaints

Ace Wigs complaints 17

Ace Wigs - Wig exchange

I ordered the wig but the colour was way too dark I emailed seller n he said I could return it for a credit
which i did the next day they received it back on the 25th January n after many emails they will not respond I know they received the wig back after 6 weeks i still have not received the credit so i have no wig or credit they are soo rude not to respond to emails I don't know how they are still in business if that's their attitude Glenda Dunstan

Nov 09, 2021

sorry PS...i had a typo - NIGHTMARE EXPERIENCE! I'd go anywhere else but these guys! Their products are not truthfully represented in their photography and they know it and don't care - blames it on the company. One more company who just wants your money & does NOT care about anything else, especially your satisfaction. When I called to check options, the 'manager' was very rude and clearly had no intention to rectify the problem - they just want your money and nothing else is inlcuded. I see quite a few other people here have had problems with them too. The worst service I've seriously - ever - seen and the products are represented truthfully. Places like this need to be shut down. period. way Disgusted. surprised he didn't blame it on covid

Nov 09, 2021

NIGHTMARE EXPERIENCE! I'd go anywhere else but these guys. Their products are not truly represented in their photography and they don't care. One more company who just wants your money and does care about anything else. When I called to check options, the 'manager' was very rude and clearly had no intention on reciifying the problem - they just want your money. I see quite a few other people here have had problems with them too. The worst I've ever seen and the products are like they show. Places like this need to be shut down. period. Disgusted.

K
Dec 14, 2018

Ace Wigs - customer service and restocking fee

I returned a wig I had ordered for a simple color change. I did not remove the wig from the box and could tell just by looking at it that it was the wrong color. I paid the fee to return the wig and...

R
Nov 02, 2015

Ace Wigs - Wig

This company is awful. I ordered a wig, it was not a color as described in the description. I did not even try it on... Sent it back...was DENIED...check out the policies...it's human hair? well it'...

R
Sep 28, 2015

Ace Wigs - Gabor wig

I received a wig I ordered from Ace Wigs on 8/30/15. The wig came in a crushed box, and looked used. I didn't even take it out of the box because I could tell just from looking at it that is was NOT new. I contacted the seller - a man from Bodega Bay, CA - (I am familiar with the area). I told him I want a full refund. He screamed back at me "OK!". To date, I have not received a refund and now I've had to file a dispute with my bank. This man does not run a reputable business.

Sep 18, 2015

Ace Wigs - Ripoff! Scam and Lies!

I purchased the Stevie Wig from Ace Wigs for $174.00 in August of 2015. It took more than 2 weeks to receive it when it was only 1 state away! When it arrived the bangs were all bent and out of shape...

Ace Wigs - This is actually an extremely POSITIVE REVIEW

On 10/17/2011, I went online and purchased a wig for Halloween. I wanted a nicer wig than what is sold in national discount store chains. I was told it would take 7-10 working days to receive the...

Ace Wigs - rude and uncoopertive,

I called to confirm order and yes this Kim guy is unbelievably rude and condensending call me names and hanging up repeatedly with out knowing my order information. He should have it credit card merchant account revoked!

Ace Wigs - Fraudlent business practices

3.30.10 ordered Rene of Paris wiglet online. Website Exchange Policies say item has to be received by them within 14 days of when you received it. This policy has to be agreed to for completing the...

Ace Wigs - Never received the product

Never received two wigs I ordered. It has been over 6 months and I am now out a total of $250.00 on my credit card with nothing to show for it. My calls were never answered so contacted the Better Business Bureau and they put this company on their list.

Complaint ID#: [protected]
Business Name: Ace Wigs

The Better Business Bureau has made several attempts to contact the business regarding the above referenced complaint. We regret to inform you that we have not received a response from the company.

The Better Business Bureau develops and maintains Reliability Reports on companies in our service area. This information is available to the public and is frequently used by potential customers. In the case of your complaint, the company's failure to promptly give attention to the matter will be reflected in the report we give to consumers about them.

If the company has contacted you in the interim, please notify the BBB immediately.

S

I ordered a wig whose colour was not at all as described on their web site. Despite numerous emails, I have received no response at all. From reading the other comments about Ace Wigs on this site, that seems to be the company's modus operandi: If you want reliability and service, try another wig seller.

V
Sep 05, 2008

We performed work for Ace Wigs. After a year of non-response from them regarding an invoice, Kim replied that the work was never done.

Ace Wigs is a TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, UNRELENTING, BURGLARY outfit. I ordered once and it took six months, never received the wig. FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY I actually was given a VERY, VERY RELUCTANT refund.. That was a few years ago. I swore I would NEVER buy from them again. Stupidly, I fell for a sale that was too good to pass up. It had been a couple of years since the first fiasco, so I ordered. WHAT AN IDIOT! They are still up to their old tricks. They sent me the wig but in the wrong size. I can't even get the stupid thing on my head. The size I ordered was on their website (my order site) AND on the invoice when I got the wig. IT WAS THEIR FAULT. I have not from them since: not after 2 emails and 2 voice messages. I complained to my credit card company which told me to "try one more time." ? Which I did, telling them I was filing a complaint w/them to Citicards and it would be in their best interest to send me what I ordered. Surprise, surprise - I still haven't heard from them. I'm calling Citicards tomorrow morning, hoping they can do something. NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER buy from this company. THEY STEAL FROM THEIR CUSTOMERS WITHOUT A CARE IN THE WORLD. WHY, WHY, WHY ARE THEY STILL IN BUSINESS?

FYI- They are rated "F" by the BBB

extremely rude and beligerent, cussing etc.

additional contact number is [protected]

Ace Wigs - Non shipment

None shipment of order. They took my money and never shipped. I sent emails which were not returned and left phone messages that rolled over to a answering machine. Fraudulent company, Do Not do business with them.

This company ignored all of my phone calls, emails, and even a legal rep from paypal. I ordered a wig for my daughters best friend that lost her hair to chemo and was counting on not being bald. Two and a half months later- we are wigless and charged for the item. Now I have to buy a new one from a more reputable company. I am sorry I wasted my time with Ace Wigs.

Tiffany M.

March 2010

After six months and a $250.00 charge on my credit card for an item I never got I finally contacted the BBB of Nevada. Of course all they could do was add this company to their "bad" list of consumer complaints but I will never see my money again. So sad that this company is getting away with this. There must be something else we can do to put this scam company out of business?
Complaint ID#: [protected]
Business Name: Ace Wigs

Ace Wigs - exchange rip off

I made a purchase from Ace wigs in April.2009. I received the order by May.

I have been loyal to the brand of the product I had purchased for 15 years. I saw upon opening the order package that the color of 1 item was incorrect I. I spoke with Kim at Ace. He told me to send it back for an exchange. I promptly did at my own expense.

I then heard nothing from the company. When I called from the East Coast after work (they are Pacific Time) I got only your voice mail on which I left several messages. I e-mailed several times with no reply from Kim or Debbie, the other associate.

When I called at the beginning of the Summer from my office, during the day, I spoke with Kim. Perhaps an alternate number showing up on caller ID got Kim to actually pick up. He excused the delay with his backlog and said he would take care of it.

Again time passed with no response. My online profile on the site has both my e-mail address and a phone number. I have looked at the account record on line. The “Item Status” has the order listed as shipped on 07-06-2009 on both the item in question as well as the order that had been properly filled.

I have not received any package or notice from the Postal Service in connection with the exchange.

A transaction with a customer amounting to $199.00 (more with postage) should be treated with more respect.

I attempted again to call and email in August. I have heard nothing since.

I made a purchase in April, 09. I received the wrong color in the order. As per their direction I returned the item, They have yet to make an exchange.

Anyone who has had a problem with them should please go and report them to the Better Business Bureau, http://www.bbb.org/us/consumers/. They should not be allowed to stay in business to rip people off. Please spread the word.

Ace Wigs - Ripped me off

I purchased what was supposed to be a NEW wig from Ace Wigs website but instead of a new wig they sent me a terrible looking piece...when I complained, they said instead of sending me a new wig that was never out of the box that it was actually a display wig that was on a mannequin. The hair was ratty and it looked old. I asked them to send me a brand new wig which was what I paid a lot of money for and Kim there refused. This wig looks terrible and they are being very unkind toward me.
Please do not buy anything from these people...they are a rip-off company and I'm so sorry I gave them so much money and got taken.
They never answer their phones. If you call it always goes into voice mail and you can never speak to a real person.

L
Jul 07, 2010

Any of you thought of disputing it with your bank? I think that all of you wait toooo long for something that it was obvious wasn't going to happen, like these people honoring their contract and send you the goods.

L
Jan 14, 2010

I AM FROM BELGIUM AND FROM 7/8 YEARS I ORDERED WIG TO ACE WIG. I WAS REALLY HAPPY, THE WIGS WERE BEAUTIFUL, AND CHEAPER. I NEVER HAD PROBLEM WITH THEM.
BUT TODAY IT'S DIFFERENT - MY DAUGHTER HAS A COMPLETED ALOPECIA SINCE MANY YEARS AND SHE REALLY NEEDS TO WEAR WIGS.
ON 9TH DECEMBER I ORDERED 5 - ON THE 29 TH IT SUPPOSES TO BE SHIPPED (I AM STILL WAITING FOR) AND THERE ARE ONLY 3 BECAUSE FOR THE TWO SHORT THE COLOUR WAS UNAVAILABLE.
SO I HAVE A STORECREDIT FROM APPROX, 270 USD.
FROM WEEKS I AM TRYING TO REACH THEM (MAIL, PHONE) BUT NO ANSWER EXCEPT AN ANSWER MACHINE
I WOULD BE GRATEFULL IF SOMEONE IS LIVING INCLINE VILLAGE TO SEE IT ACE WIG STILL EXISTS,
MANY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
ANNE-MICHELLE

Oh god! I wish I'd found this website before I ordered from Ace Wigs. I placed an order almost a month ago. Still haven't recieved it. I've emailed and called. No one ever returned my call, and I have yet to get an email response.

I bought a Tinkerbell wig from Ace Wigs and what is shown on their website is a DARK purple wig.

What I received is a light lavender wig and I would NOT have ordered this wig if the true color was displayed on the Ace Wigs website.

I have e-mailed several times and called daily with no answer at all from this company. Nobody ever answers the phone or returns messages, they don't even have the decency to respond to my requests!

Wish I had seen your link here before purchasing from this company. I'll never use them again.

Marlyn P.

Oct 18, 2009

Ace Wigs - Fraudulent behavior

On july 18, 2009 i ordered two wigs from ace wigs. After a lengthy delay in delivery and numerous emails and phone messages; none of which i received a response, i finally received one of the wigs. I have never received the 2nd wig nor a refund of my money.
This company will take your money and you will never be able to speak with a human being or receive any response to phone messages or emails.
Do not do business with this company!

Ace Wigs - Liar, Liar

Ace Wigs is a rip-off!!! Please only buy from them if you want to deal with scam-artists. Your money will disappear from your account, and you will be left without a wig and most likely will not get...

Ace Wigs - Cancelled order but bank charged

On Sunday, 2/22/09, I inadvertently completed an order form for a wig without realizing my search had taken me to a wig description I did not want. I immediately ordered the correct wig and called the listed number to cancel the first order.

The representative on the phone told me it cost "too much" to cancel an order and refused to do so. He told me to send an email to Debbie, the customer service representative, which I did, on 2/22/09. No response coming on the next business day, 2/23/09.

I checked my credit card statement online 2/24/09 and both wigs were charged. No answer at Ace Wigs.

I did receive a cancellation email on 2/22/09, but my account was charged anyway. The phone must be off the hook since I continually dialed and only received a busy signal.

Jan 26, 2009

Ace Wigs - Fraud and cheating

I ordered 2 wigs from ACEWIGS.COM, they sent one. It has been over two months since I ordered and the second wig was put on backorder (I paid 2 months prior). I called for a refund and was promised a...

D
Dec 09, 2008

Ace Wigs - Terrible experience

I ordered 2 wigs express delivery. It took 6-8 weeks and only received 1 wig. A few weeks later received second but wrong color. Returned it for color exchange. Received delivery confirmation from postal service but have no reply from Ace Wigs. They will not answer phone or email. ONE WIG SHORT!

I

Ordered a hair piece on 12th Sept.2018 paid through Paypal $173.00 Order no
[protected] Today is the 7th of November and still not received. Written 5 emails,
2 messages received NO answer. The order was on back order till the 30th Oct, than sent was the answer at the time I ordered it. Please help me to get the hair piece please!

D
Dec 29, 2008

ACE WIGS PULLED THE SAME CRAP ON ME. PAID FOR AN ITEM ON BACK ORDER OVER 2 MONTHS AGO, I HAD TO CALL 20 TIMES TO GET ANYTHING FROM THEM, WHEN I ASKED FOR A REFUND BECAUSE IT HAD BEEN OVER 2 MONTHS THEY SENT SOMETHING I DID NOT ORDER. WILL NOT ANSWER THEIR PHONE! THEY WILL STEAL FROM YOU ALSO!

Ace Wigs Company contacts