Indigo Airlinesbaggage damage

D Review updated:

I travelled from Mumbai to Bangalore on 1 April 2011, flight 6E-412, Indigo Airlines. When I colleceted my baggage at Bangalore, my bag was damaged. The zip had been broken and all the contents of one of the bag pockets were missing. Bills worth over Rs. 5000, election card, headphones, some money, etc. all gone. When I complained to the Indigo Management, the tell me that my loss of luggage needs to weigh over 2kgs and only then they will help me otherwise they cannot do anything. They even went to the extent of telling me that if I was so concerned about my bills, I can go ask the shops to give me photocopies of them! My luggage weighed exactly 5kgs when checking in and 3.5 kgs when checking out. They made me wait for over 3 hours at the airport and still did not do anything. More than the loss of luggage, I am appalled at the obnoxious and rude behaviour of the staff. Their incompetencies and harsh behaviour were completely unnecessary and some action needs to be taken against them.

Charlotte Vaz Jul 29, 2019

Indigo is a worst airline, zip of my bag was broken, bag was cracked near the wheel area. They mishandle your luggage. Please be aware and check properly on receiving your luggage.

• Re
    Reminder Nov 12, 2017

Kind Attn: Manager on Duty (This is the reminder complaint)
    Sir,
    I traveled along with my son S.Venkatesh, on 2.7.2017 from Delhi to Bangalore by AI 504. On landing at B.lore, while l received my baggage from the conveyor belt, I was surprised on seeing the condition of my baggage bottom despite getting the 'fragile sticker' pasted on the box. Thus on the same day, I went for reporting at the concerned counter. But to my surprise nobody was there, rather luckily the Indigo staff around them tried to help me by locating the Air India staff, after about my 15-20 mts waiting. As otherwise, I got late and my people at outside were waiting for me as they were also not in a position to wait for a long time due to parking problem & so on.
    a) Later, after enough waiting in that room one official was brought by the Indigo staff & to him I explained everything by showing the box. He took a photograph of the same thing and assured me that he will certainly do the needful subsequently, since he doesn't have time to attend to me as he has to go since it was time for the next flight to arrive. As I was also in a hurry, I gave him my contact number & informed him that i'm on a 10-15 days trip to deep South. He also said I can get it done on my return date at B'lore.
    b) Likewise, I returned on 16.7.17 by AI-501 flight from BLR-DEL. Again I tried hard to approach the right person for the needful to be done w.r.to my box. At B.lore airport I met in the CS counter, s/Sh.Partheeban.J, Chandrabose.G & also one Hema Shalini (a lady, who doesn't have the right approach towards passengers at all, which I feel is quite essential in her line of job, which was absolutely missing in her.) But since I was in the departure side, I was again restricted from getting the job done, as they said I'm to approach the arrival side at B.lore. How funny..I'm to catch my flight from departure side...already I was getting late..as I came from a long deep South India trip conducted by KSTDC. One vital thing I need to be informed here, that all through my journey I found very difficult to carry my box to every place i.e., for about 10-15 days trip. Imagine, how tough it could have been for me over such long journey.

Finally, I am to say that I asked them to take the photograph of my box in the mobiles of Mr.Partheeban & Mr. Chandrabose. For reference it can be very well seen for taking appropriate action at least now, 'better late than never'.

In fact, I waited patiently for about complete two months, hoping that the needful will be done on its own at the higher level like. But unfortunately, I doubt the issue might not have reached at the higher level, I suppose. Further, the concerned registers can be checked & the details can be verified from the concerned officials too, so that you may be able to get a clear picture as how i was put into a great problem like, without getting any due assistance from the concerned staff. In fact, Mr.Partheeban & Chandra bose had given it in writing to me to address you people, incase if the issue is not resolved in time. So, now I'm bringing the issue to your kindself notice hoping to get a right solution, considering the name & fame of Air India please.

Regards,