Having problems with IHOP?

IHOP reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 20, 2006. The latest review Worker was posted on Sep 11, 2021. The latest complaint manager karen ellyson unethical behavior was resolved on Dec 02, 2019. IHOP has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 804 reviews. IHOP has resolved 57 complaints.

IHOP Customer Service Contacts

Thu7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with IHOP Customer Service. Initial IHOP complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for IHOP above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about IHOP. Discuss the issues you have had with IHOP and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

IHOP Complaints & Reviews, Page 29

IHOPvery bad service attitude and efficiency and cold food served

We were at IHOP restaurant in State College. The food was served cold after a long waiting time. There are flies going around the table. The server was very hard to find. It takes her half an hour to bring just cream for coffee. The manager had the kictchen remake the food under our requst but she just didn't show any care about this situation. Worst experience in IHOP ever. This makes us just don't want to be visiting IHOP for the future.

very bad service attitude and efficiency and cold food served
very bad service attitude and efficiency and cold food served

IHOPmy overall service from coming through the door to leaving unhappy

On Sept.7, 2017 at 2:35 pm my sister and I walked in Ihop restaurant in Orland Park on 14860 S. La Grange rd 60462 because my sister was craving pancakes. When we 1st walked in the establishment we were not greeted nor were we seated. After standing waiting to be seated and greeted we just seated ourselves after seating ourselves we waited to get menus which we didn't. So I proceeded to go and get us some menus, at the time it was 10 customers sitting down eating and 1 waitress named Vicki. After getting our menus and seating ourselves 10-15 min in Vickie was at another table and she looked over at us and "said I will be with you in a minute". A few minutes later 2 ladies walked in and waited to be seated which the manager came and greeted and seated them with no problem. So once Vicki came to take our order my sister told her what she wanted and I actually asked Vicki if she had tried the donut french toast and she told me she tried the apple and strawberry and not the maple bacon, so I ordered the strawberry donut french toast with the 2 eggs scrambled hard with cheddar cheese, 4 slices of bacon and hash browns and a orange juice. About 15 minutes later Vicki came back to our table asking what did we order because she couldn't read her own hand writing and she made a mistake with my order. We told her what we ordered and she came back and brought my sister some hot syrup (which was the only thing hot we received). After waiting so long for her to bring our food we finally received our food in between cool and slightly warm, so by this time Vicki was checking out the guest that was leaving so I seen the bus boy cleaning the table and asked where was his manager. He then pointed around the corner which I found out that the bathroom was there. So I realized the bus buy told the cook I wanted the manager and the cook started peeking around the corner at us but the manager never came out, so I waited to ask Vicki if we could see the manager and at this time she had an attitude for what I'm not sure. We explained our food was cold and she grabbed our plates and took they in the back telling the manager angrily, we never ate anything off the plates at all and I sipped my orange juice so I told the manager I would pay for but he said don't worry. When the manager came over we explained to him our experience from 1st coming through the door to our food being cold and the fact we was there for an hour with bad service. He asked if he could cook us more food and it would only take 7 minutes to get us fresh food and we replied that if it only takes 7 minutes why have we waited so long for our food and he ignored that question and asked again if he could make us more food and we replied no thank but you should acknoledge our service and make sure no one else receives the same service. He then told us we didn't have to pay and have a nice day so we left and went to the mall and ate at Panda express.

IHOPspoil smelling meat on omelette

On August 20, 2017, my daughter and I went to the IHop on Airline Drive in Bossier City. While we were there, we ordered a 2 Colorado Omelette's and 2 splash berry drinks. When the Omelette's arrived the shredded beef on these omelette's didn't smell right, in fact it smelled spoiled. I told the waitress that I was trying to eat it, but the smell from the meat was so strong that I could not continue to eat it and at that point, I told my daughter to stop eating it. I pushed the plate to the corner of the table and I could still smell the meat. The waitress got the manager, the manager initially said she didn't smell anything, but as she got closer and stirred around in the food, she oh yes I do smell what you are talking about. She then asked if we wanted something else, but at that point we had lost our appetite. She then took the plates of food to the kitchen and told us she would give us a number to contact and that they would resolve the issue: the number she gave us was [protected]. I have contacted this number at least 3x and at least 2x I left a message explaining what had happened. I was not given a bill and my daughter and I waited at least 20 min for the manager to come back with the number. At that point, the waitress went to get the number, but we were not given a bill. So at that point we thought we were not being charged. As we proceeded to leave to get to our car the manager came outside to ask if we were going to pay. We told her that we didn't get a bill, she said we would have to pay. I questioned her about why were being charged for the whole meal and she indicated that we had eaten over half of it. We may have eaten a third of the omelette's. Needless to say, I proceeded to pay what she charged which was $30.96. I would like to be refunded for this meal in which there was clearly something wrong with the meat on these omelette's.. My daughter and I frequently go to I hop and we always get the Colorado omelette's so I am very familiar with what is supposed to smell like. After careful review, I hop you find that I should have been expected to pay for a meal that could have potentially made myself and daughter sick. Thank you in advance for doing the right thing. My daughter and I will continue to be loyal customers because it has become a traditional outing that we enjoy. We have always commented to each other about how kind the staff is.

spoil smelling meat on omelette

IHOPmanagement/service

After 1 hr waiting on food, it came out wrong 3 times! After sending it back the 3rd time the very young manager came out, called my husband to the side, told him we had to leave because we were being rude. What??? Even our waitress couldn't believe the eggs running off the plate! My husband said we would leave after the kids finished eating, he replied then I'll call the police for you trespassing. Again, what??? We proceed to leave answering the question by the hosts of what was going on, who he too was completely amazed by the managers attitude. We get outside and the very young manager tells us he is calling the cops for trespassing. Our waitress was outside with us and told us to just go because he was being crazy, so we did. We, my husband, 12yr old, 18yr old and myself, then had a cop pull is over on our street! All of this because a crappy cook and an out of control manager have no business working in a customer service business... EVER! They both should be fired immediately! And we have plenty of witnesses who are employed stating he was out of control! Even the cop said he doesn't eat there! I will be placing this review on every review site I can!

IHOP — poor management/waitresses customer service

Me and my husband went to the IHOP here in Pooler first time we've ever been and we came in and after sitting...

IHOPdiscrimination

I was a former employee with IHOP located in Pleasanton Texas as a server. I am currently 14 weeks pregnant. I worked there from March 2016 to November 2016 and due to the nature of my abusive marriage, my husband made me quit. I have since then separated from him and he's been convicted of domestic violence on 3 counts against me which resulted in a 2 year protective order. I started working there again in late July 2017, and as recent as August 28, 2018, I had to quit due to treatment I received. I'm currently a high risk for miscarriage, confirmed by doctors at the local hospital and upon returning to work for IHOP, I had told the GM about special instructions due to the pregnancy, yet none of the other managers seem to care about those special instructions. The GM would further harass me about my abusive husband even after I had told him it was not a joke. My wellness doctor suggested that I file a complaint against the company since now I am without a job and no way to pay for my bills, and how it's affected me in a negative way. I currently suffer from anxiety and depression and I do not receive medication for it out of fear of how they medications make me feel. I'm filing this complaint through the website as physically walking into my former employment is too much for me right now. I would like to be contacted on how this issue my be resolved as soon as possible.

IHOPUnethical Behavior

I'm a former employee at the IHOP located in Hammond, IN. I did my job to the best of my ability, I was still in the learning stage and I'm still in high school. The managers at this location are extremely rude. They use their cell phones while in the dining area. They were very rude to me and other employees. The other employees were very lazy. They would sit in the break room and converse among themselves while they were clocked in. They would also use their phones in the dining area. Another thing that I noticed while working there was the fact that when they wanted to heat food up, they would microwave it. I witnessed a manager pick up bacon off of the floor and put it on the plate and told an employee that it never happened and they laughed about it. I also noticed that the employees are transmitting drugs within the facility. One employee sells muffins and some sort of gummy candy that are laced with marijuana. There have been numerous times where more than one employee would be in the dining area and interacting with guests while under the influence. One of the managers also sold her homemade tamales to the employees. Last time I checked, that's a health code violation. When guests would walk into the establishment, they complained about the smell, it reeked. There were often complaints of hair in the food and not completely washed silverware. All of the above ruined my working experience.

IHOPmanagement - tammy

Very disrespectful to employees, unprofessional yelling I am the boss I can do what I want thru restaurant. Managers should not talk down to employees in demeaning manner. Much less yell thru restaurant. This is the 3rd time I have visited and have had very unpleasant time servers are visually upset due to the way they are being treated. This happened at ihop on south loop managers name was Tammy.

IHOPI do not recommend anyone to go to this place.

Believe it or not but I was too patient waiting for my order for 2 hours. IThaj god I had something to do, but this fact can't be ignored. I called the waitress and asked what's the matter. She was very surprised and said that she forgot about my order and thought I was served by someone else. Strange logic. Oh well, I didn't pay my order and just left this terrible place. But I don't recommend anyone to spend time on it.

IHOPworking for you company

I currently live in Albuquerque NM and me and my fiance both worked/work for your company as asst. Managers . (Fiancé works there still, I basically got fired because I thought I was having a miscarriage and had to go to the ER during my shift and I had a doctor's note) . There is alot of foul practice going on out here and I think you should be aware of what these people are doing to your company's name. They've had many managers who are also family members had multiple complaints on underage sexual harassment and they never fired them. Just just got transfered else where. There is times where my fiancé is left with no employees at all and is the only one working and running the store alone. They also had another manager who was dating an employee and he physically drag her out by her hair on camera and they knew and didn't do anything about it. He ended up going to Las Cruces. Another manager they had (which they just demoted and made a cook) had started mutilple fights and has threatened to fight mt fiancé over work related issues...Managers are taking naps and not following any of the ihop protocol. Sexual acts happen during shifts and no one gets in trouble. I'm tired of being taking advantage of by this company. This is by far the worst company we have ever worked for and we both have been in the food industry over 10 years. I really hope you look into this situation... Store #3309

IHOPservice

We went to the IHOP restaurant at 10000 East HWY 350 in Raytown Missouri. There were only a few tables of people who were waiting for food. The three of us were seated at a table to wait for a waitress. We waited 15 minutes and no one ever came to even get our drink order. At this point my adult son, who was on his lunch hour from the Walmart next door, went to the desk and asked for a manager. When she was located he told her the situation and she replied "I will be right there to take care of the problem." After waiting for 5 more minutes while still no one came to the table to take a food or drink order, we got up and observed that the manager and one waitress were still standing behind the front desk staring at the door and visiting while the other waitress was checking people out who were paying their ticket. As we left without ever being waited on, the oblivious manager looked at us and said said "Have a nice day." Someone should care enough to read the reviews of this restaurant online, they are terrible. We went next door to FREDDY'S and had food in less than 5 minutes. I will will not return to this IHOP and neither will my son. I am sure my son will be sharing his experience with others in Walmart next door where he works on a daily basis.

IHOP — dirty silverware

I went to the IHOP 3444 @ 7371 Assateague Drive Jessup, MD 20794 this morning for breakfast. When I ordered a...

IHOPno customer service

My girlfriend and I (we are a black lesbian couple) walked into store #3026 at 840 a. m. We were seated by a hostess who didn't speak as she sat us down. We were there until 856 am due to being unnoticed and ignored. There was a party of 2 and a party of 6 that were sat after us and we noticed (as we were leaving) that they had already had their drinks and their order was being taken. We were sat right by the kitchen entrance where there was 3 waitresses and a manager standing there practically the whole time. I don't appreciate being ignored when I'm coming to spend money in your establishment. It was not busy nor was it packed by the slightest. It was maybe 25% full so there was no excuse on why we were ignored. I definitely feel it was some sort of discrimination and I will not attend that location anymore. Most embarrassing and hurtful feeling ever.

IHOPI'm complaining about the quality of the food

I come to IHOP at least once a week. Here lately the food was horrible, they never cook my eggs right and always over cook my bacon ext. I normally order breakfast but now it's got to the point where my eggs are always wrong so went to lunch food and that was even worse the food was cold and not fresh. So I decided to talk with the server then the manager now I always get good service but the food is awful. They need to really get someone cooking with care and the server to check their order before bringing that message out. Now I got to change my weekly eatery.

IHOP Martinez CAfood and environment

August 19, 2017

I came for breakfast 11:00 am. Two eggs over, very easy, bacon, sourdough toast, hash browns, and coffee. I asked for real butter on my toast and did not get it. The coffee was very bitter and came with fake creamer. I asked for real cream and the gentleman said they don't have that but he can get me some 2% milk.
                          The eggs were over done and the hash browns were not cooked (mushy and luke warm) with a black char on the outside. And to top it all off, a worker was mopping the floor with bleach right next to me! Terrible. I got a headache and left there without finishing the lousy food. I still have the aroma of bleach in my head.
                          The manager scolded me for not bringing my ticket up to the register after the waiter just told me the He will take it to the register..Embarrasing... I wish a refund please.
                          Respectfully, Marguerite Hartnell 1271 Bonita Lane Walnut Creek Ca. 94595

IHOPfood and service

The IHOP on 3501 E. Busch Blvd Tampa Florida 33612 is disgusting and the service was horrible. I'm upset I spent 30.00 cash for 3 disappointing meals. This was the worst experience ever. I could have went to a different establishment for a better outcome and less money. The staff was so rude and dismissive. And the restaurant was so dirty. I think they should be featured on dirty dining. I will never return.

food and service

I-Hopcustomer observation

I came in to place a large to go orde. The store was very busy the young landy assisting a party to be seated greeted me with her eyes and the the young man taking payments assisted me with my to go order. The Manager in duty was not engaging with the customers at all but instead stood/ hovered up front lobby area and inappropriately speaking to the staff/ young men and a woman. As a Manager myself the manager should lead by example and build team moral. As a patron he made me feel very uncomfortable. We have way too many young men and women on the wrong path that when you have young men and women working to be productive it sickens me to see a tyrant such as Rubin manage our future and instilling bad behavior into our young people. Rubin abuses his authority and he does it to children. I am placing this complaint and I hope it doesn't go unnoticed.

customer observation

IHOPwater tasted weird in glass

I like IHOP greatly, so I must write this, and I must say I didn't get too offended by it, for the food was superior. I ordered orange juice and water. The water had a foul taste in my mouth. It was in fact, the worst tasting water I have ever drank. Due to the delicious food and orange juice, it has surpassed the lack of quality water, enough to not complain about it. Anyhow, keep on serving water like that, and you will lose my business in the future and maybe many other customers. Please take this issue seriously.

IHOPjessi/manager

I recieved rude service from a so called, "Manager" at the IHOP location in Downey. My food had came out too greasy for my liking. I then asked my waiter if I can either get either a refund or a something different. My waiter said, "Yes, we'll bring it out to you." After a bit I decided that I was fine without it and wanted a refund instead. So I cancelled it. The manager then comes up to me (Jessi, Yessi, Jessica not sure) and says, "Oh well we had to throw that away because you cancelled it...etc." Unprofessional. Rude. Who says that? I have the right to cancel an order, as a paying customer. No one should tell me otherwise. I hope something is done about how she handles situations. Very rude.

IHOP — steak tips

I ordered the steak tips with no mushrooms bc I am highly allergic to mushrooms. Left the restaurant (only...