Mercantile Adjustment Bureau Logo

Mercantile Adjustment Bureau

Having problems with Mercantile Adjustment Bureau?

Mercantile Adjustment Bureau Customer Service Contacts

165 Lawrence Bell Drive, Suite 100
Buffalo, New York
Rochester Office
3525 Buffalo Rd, Rochester, NY 14624

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Mercantile Adjustment Bureau Customer Service. Initial Mercantile Adjustment Bureau complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Mercantile Adjustment Bureau above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Mercantile Adjustment Bureau. Discuss the issues you have had with Mercantile Adjustment Bureau and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Mercantile Adjustment Bureau Complaints & Reviews

Mercantile Adjustment — Harassing phone (S)

I received a phone call 5/27/15 from a man named Vince Macri, yesterday evening about 7pm asking question...

Mercantile Adjustment Bureau — False statements

I owe a debt to Capital One from 2008. I attempted to settle with them but they refused to settle the $800...

Mercantile Adjustment Bureau / Collections — Fraud/ Invasion of privacy

Mercantile Adjustment called my home at 7:04pm on Saturday May 14 and left a collections voice message. They...

Mercantile Adjustment Bureau — CALLING CELL PHONE

HAVE YOU BEEN CALLED BY MERCANTILE ***ON YOUR CELL PHONE*** FOR A DEBT YOU DO NOT OWE? IF SO, PLEASE CONTACT...

Mercantile Adjustment Bureau — mercantile adjustment bureau

I have been receiving calls on my CELL PHONE for days and days from an "877" number that I did not recognize...

Mercantile Adjustment Bureau — collection of charged of debt from 2005

A lady called my job and a co-worker fwded the call to me, did not give her name, stating that she wanted me...

Mercantile Adjustment Bureau — Misrepresentation On Internet Job Postings

This information is for anyone in the Tampa area looking for collections work. Quick Facts: Extremely...

Mercantile Adjustment Bureau. LLC — Harrasment, Jerks

This company calls me about a credit card that I had in 2005! It was charged off in 2008 and I haven't...

Mercantile Adjustment Bureaucollections on disbitly ins

I just found the website add on top for a Lawer so I am waiting on a call back.
Mercantile adjustment bureau called agian [protected] and I told them that I was disabed in 2002 and the diablity insurance froze the accont for less then a year and was to pay it off.
So now I am being sued for late payments on disabliy insurance from Mercantile adjustment bureu so I am told.
I am still disabled and this is a big rip off.
We tryed to make payments in 2005 with the insurance on top but the company house hold and or benficial went under and stop the auto billing from our checking account and sold it to mercantile adustment bureau who first contacted us in 2009 and we explaned it was paid off so we were told. They did not give us an ammount today we will have to find out in court when ..
O Professional placement servies just called NOt for a job but for the same accounmt same thing again... Wow...[protected] sayMilwaukee WI ... and ts PROFESSIONAL PLACEMENT SERVICES. called on the same bill.. They sound like a job placement..
Wow I dont understand how they have the same account as mercantile adjustment bureau and they call with in the half hour of each other.

• So
      Softknife Sep 23, 2010

First thing first.

Take a deep breathe. Understand there is no debtor jail and regardless of any intimidation tactics being used, until there is a court awarded judgemnt, no action can be taken against you or your property. Yes they can continue to make collections phone calls, but there is a way to stop that as well. And as you know, IF there is an actual debt still owed, then let's face it, in some way, someone received benefit as a result of the debt.

Under the FDCPA as a third party collection agency, a validation of debt has to be provided to you that details how the amount being asked for was determine. Until you receive such information in a detailed form, you should not pay any amount of money. There is such a thing as Statute of Limitation that basically starts ticking from the date of last payment (DLP).

Once you receive the information, then on to the next step of how to deal with it.

Would be curious as to what your attorney tells you and at what price to him.

Mercantile Adjustment Bureau — fraudulent collection attempts in NM

I got a strange call on my cell about a collection attempt against a business I used solely for debit card...

Mercantile Adjustment Bureaufraud

They called again today 9-2-2010 when i told them to stop calling us. do not call me do not call us do not call this number. We do not owe any money. We did have a credit card in 2002 and i became disbalbed in 2002 the crediot card has insurance on it and we paid the insurance until the company stop the auto withdraw in 2005. I called the company told me they sold the account. I don';t know why but we paid on the insurance again. the accont was frozen at $800 now we owe $15, 000.00 What?? They can cut that in half if we pay in full now.
    I told him that the insuance shold of payed it off and to stop calling us.

Mercantile Adjustment Bureausaid that we owe money

Every time they called like today 9-2-2010 i told them that the credit card took out insurance and I am useing it since i became disabled 2002
      We conitec to pay for this insurance until 2005 When the company stop the auto withdraws and there was no contact from them when we called they said it was sold. Now a $800 bill comes to $15, 000.00 today but they can settle for half that when i am still disabled and we have the insurance to pay for it but it just frozen the account for a while before they sold it. I am waiting for them to take us to court becuse its all fraud and harraments and i keep telling them to stop calling us.
      Stop calling us.. Do not call us...but they called again today.

Mercantile Adjustment Bureau — Harrassing phone calls to in-laws

I received phone calls and when I could call the lady Michelle back, I got her voice mail I requested...

Mercantile Adjustment Bureauharassing calls

From June 23 thru June 25 this agency has called my home every day and twice on 6/28. They are calling for someone I don't know but has my same last name.

After receiving these 6 prerecorded messages I called them and asked them how they got my # and the women on the other end would ask how do you know Jane Doe I would ask how did you get my number and she would say tell me how to get to Jane Doe. Ultimately she was rude and then hung up on me.

The gov't needs to get a better handle on agencies like this that harass the working population.
        I thought there were laws against debt collectors like this

Madder'n Hell Feb 24, 2012

I've also been getting harassing call from them on my home phone. The funny thing is, I don't have ANYTHING overdue!!! - I carry small credit card balances, my car is long paid off. I finally got a number for these idiots - [protected]. I ignored the menu & waited for someone to pick up. Of course as son as I did, I let them have it with "WHY THE F**K ARE YOU IDIOTS HASSLING ME??? - & immediately got "sent back" to the menu, so hung up. Also about to report them to the MA attorney general's office.

Mercantile Adjustment Bureau — claiming I owe a company that I did business with 10 yrs ago

I received a phone call from Mercantile Adjustment Bureau Utilities division (clever disguise). they claim I...

Mercantile Adjustment Bureau — Threats and Harrasments

This company called my son and told him that I better contact them because I was being charged for fraud. I...

Mercantile Adjustment BureauPhone Harassment

This company has left repeated phone voice mails demanding to talk to a person we never heard of. The last voice mail said that by not answering the phone we were acknowledging that we were this person and "full action" to collect the debt was to begin. They did leave a return phone number.

After this last call I decided to contact my attorney who directed me to file a complaint with the FTC and the AZ state's Attorney General. In addition, she was going to write a cease and desist letter to this company.

In the mean time I received another call from this company and spoke with a lady who assured me that the calls would stop and that there would be no need for a letter from my attorney.

• Li
              Ling Chi May 25, 2010

You spent more time writing this message, and calling your attorney, than it would have taken to research your rights under the FDCPA and write your own cease and desist letter - for free.

Mercantilenumerous phone calls

For several weeks I have been getting messages to call [protected]. I tried on several occasions to call. I would get messages it was a non working number or a funny noise. For the last week the message has said to call the number regarding, the name they mentioned was my deceased son. He has been gone now for one year nine months. Finally, this morning I got through. They say the name so fast when they answered that you could bearly understand them. I tried to ask what this was about and that I had tried to contact them and their number wasn't working she just kept talking rudely to me asking my number. I told her, she said this is in regard to stating my sons name. I said please don't be rude I'm trying to talk to you. She said I'm not being rude. I want to know who this call is in reference to. She stated his name and was very nasty. She got me angry and " I said he is dead". She said we will take him off the list. Very rudely. As I tried to find out what this was about she hung up on me. I waited about 15 minutes and called back to get the name of the company. When she answered she said the name, I was going ask more questions and she hung up again.

When my son died I changed his address to mine.When all his info came in I sent death certificates to everyone. This holiday season was hard enough to get through let alone dealing with phones like that and still not knowing what it is all about. I have personally never had to deal with collections, now I understand what people are talking about. There are laws regarding collections, it is to bad they are not able to enforce them. The state should make it easier to make complaints and bust up the organizations.

• Ca
                Cat Sally Sep 28, 2015

i got a call from that number also i lost my cellphone recently and than it got stolen i don't know what happen to my cellphone but i just got text + on my ipod so i can use that as a cellphone and when i get home and connect to the internet i get a message saying "[protected] called at 2:46 pm) and i am not using my normal area code (631) i am using a (423) area code only my friends know my number i don't know what they where calling about but i am not about to use my minuets so i looked up the number thank you for telling me what the number is.

Mercantile Adjustment Bureau — Harassing Phone Calls

I just got off the phone with a representative (Mr. Carter) from Mercantile Adjustment Bureau. He call asking...

Mercantile Adjustment Bureaucollection harassment

After my bankruptcy which discharged all of my business line of credit debts, MAB has come a-calling several months later, calling my house every day, harassing me in direct violation of bankruptcy law. They are dishonest, rude, unprofessional, and ill-informed. I am reporting them to my state's Attorney General who, I am sure, already have an extensive file on these a-holes.