Hunter WarfieldRude customer service

Z

I received a call from Kelly, at Hunter Warfield about a bill that I am late on. I tried to explain my situation. She would not listen to my situation. I know that I am late and when I have the money the company will be paid. I had a 750 credit score, there really was no reason for this. I do not run from my responsibilities, but if you don't have it, you don't have it. She would not listen, just decided to put me down and then started yelling at me. Now I will not take any calls from them.

• Da
    David Yucha Dec 30, 2014

I am a father of a 20 year old daughter. I was trying to teach her to be independent so I got her an apartment at Garfield Commons in Clinton Township, Mi. When she moved in, there were things wrong with the place like ripped screens, a bad door jam and the carpet needed to be replaced but that never happened and I really didn't say to much because everyone knows how kids can be. My daughter lived there with her boyfriend. He was a friend of an employee of the management company. Anytime there was a concern the front office would call me because they knew I didn't live there. The lease was signed for another year with management knowing I wasn't living there. This last September the lease was up and I chose not to sign a new lease. I went into the office and told them that I was not going to sign a new lease a month and a half ahead of time. 3 months later H-W sent me a letter stating I owe them 3, 161.46. I contacted this "so-called" company and was trying to find out the situation. All they kept saying is "how would you like to pay the debt." I told them that I didn't owe anything but they don't care about that. Their company put my number on a computerized system and it calls and has a message to contact them. Tried to several times but no one was there. Couldnt leave a message or anything. After talking with someone there, they still didn't take my number off the automatic calling system. Christmas Eve this recording was still calling my home. I called to complain and there was no one there. I can see how this company works. After asking for them to take my name off the computerized calling system because I had already been in contact with them trying to figure this out, they didn't. Twice I have called and been told by H-W management(so they say), Be quiet and listen! I find their professional business conduct to be a joke. YOU want to try and collect money but don't want to deal with facts. YOU want to call me by automated systems but have no one there to answer the phone. YOU expect me to "be quiet and listen" but YOU wont. This company is garbage and anyone who get a letter from them should just call your local Mediation Dept. and let them handle it. These people are a joke and so is Garfield Commons for hiring them. The management staff at this apartment complex are terrible and they need to be replaced. SUBSTANDARD. In 2 years the screens, door jam and carpeting have not been replaced and your not doing it on my dime. Their stating that because I didn't give them a written letter, stating I was not going to renew my lease, that now they can charge me for another month of rent, legal fees, etc. When all along they knew my intentions. What responsibility does management have? NONE? This company H-W is typical of why this country is so screwed up. NOBODY WANTS TO DO THEIR JOB, THEY JUST WANT TO BE PAID! These kinds of company should be investigated by the state for improper business ethics.

Look at Yourself Mar 30, 2011

Here is a website link that states the FACTS of breaking your lease too early. These are standard in nearly EVERY apartment lease you LEGALLY sign.

Hope this helps clear the air about the things you fail to READ.

Look at Yourself Aug 04, 2010

Cowboy:

The calls are monitored and recorded at ALL collection agencies. I suggest you request to speak to a manager and they will check the call to make sure what was agreed to.

Chances are you were told but didn't pay attention to the dates which is not the fault of the collector. It's a common issue with debtors who setup payments.

No matter what have them check the original call and the manager will contact you back to let you know what was said. If it turns out you agreed to the dates then unfortunately for you they legally have the right to keep the money but if not it will be refunded through your account.

• Co
    cowboyzfan Aug 02, 2010

They called me and said i owed 850.00 cuz i had moved out and didn't give a thirty day notice. I tried to set up a payment plan but they told me i could pay 425.00 and the payment would be cleared from my credit report. well i decided it was a good deal and payed it. Two weeks later i checked my account and they had taken out the other 425.00 and i needed the money for rent food and bills. Is there anything i could do to get the money back since we had reached an agreement on the payment.

Look at Yourself Jul 03, 2010

And here is another story proving my point. Debtors always thumb their nose at people in authority.

Unpaid debt? You could go to jail
    Debtors' prisons may have been outlawed in the 1800s, but residents of some states are being arrested over unpaid bills.

Deborah Poplawski was feeding a parking meter in downtown Minneapolis when city police pulled up, arrested her and took her off to jail. She was forced to change into jail-issue underwear and an orange uniform and sleep in a room with a dozen women, one of whom offered her drugs. She spent 25 hours in jail.

Her crime? She failed to pay $250 in credit card debt.

Debtors' prisons were outlawed in the U.S. in the 1800s, but more debtors are being sent to jail through the efforts of aggressive third-party debt collectors, who are using the courts and the police to collect old debt they bought for pennies on the dollar.

The practice was detailed in a lengthy investigative story in the Minneapolis Star Tribune, which found that the use of arrest warrants against debtors in Minnesota had risen 60% in the last four years, with 845 cases in 2009.

Judith Fox, a professor at Notre Dame Law School, told the Star Tribune:

According to the Star Tribune:

The laws allowing for the arrest of someone for an unpaid debt are not new.

What is new is the rise of well-funded, aggressive and centralized collection firms, in many cases run by attorneys, that buy up unpaid debt and use the courts to collect.

Technically speaking, the Minnesota debtors are being arrested and taken to jail not because they failed to pay the debt, but because they failed to comply with orders to show up in court or to fill out the forms necessary for their wages to be garnished. Bail is usually set at the amount they owe or $2, 500, whichever is less, the Star Tribune reported.

Look at Yourself Jun 28, 2010

Hey Sparks:

You seem to REALLY sound foolish everytime you type. I don't represent HWI. I use to be a bill collector at a couple of agencies and know of the scam debtors run all the time about not being able to pay.

The ONLY reason they contact the BBB, Attorney General or FTC is because debtors refuse to accept responsibility for their own
    actions and debts THEY accumulated.

It never ceases to amaze me how ignorant Americans are about contracts and debts.

Your quote "You can't get blood from a rock" or even a turnip is an old stale phrase from yesterday. People are not rocks or turnips and I can tell you debtors will ALWAYS lie about not having any money when a bill collector calls but as soon as the CA calls them back weeks later, all of the sudden we discover they're on vacation or somewhere out shopping spending money.

DEBTORS ARE LIARS AND THAT IS FACT SIR!

The debtors constantly give a sad story about their problems and how they're barely getting by but as soon as you look at their credit report incredibly the collectors see an Amex, Visa or Chase credit cards with an expensive car payment or mortgage to go with it and plenty of available credit to take care of the debt.

Oh and that BBB report you talk about, ANYONE can file a stupid, worthless complaint about not being able to pay. The BBB can't do anything and as far as the FTC or Attorney General is concern YOU better have rock SOLID proof otherwise like most debtors you'll end up looking foolish and wasting tax payers money.

You other foolish quote, "Right now, if they're having a hard time, then that's all that needs to be understood".

Really Sparks? NOT in a court of law. A judge could care less because as long as your name is on the dotted line you are 100% legally responsible for the mess you caused.

I should know because I went through it twice and believe me from experience a court doesn't care what you're going through in your life at the moment. They will place a judgement against you and even order garnishment of wages or a lien on any property if needed.

So continue living under a rock and staying ignorant to the facts. The bottom line here people is simple, READ WHAT YOU SIGN!

Here is proof of what I am talking about. I found this on youtube this week which is perfect timing for this debate.

• Sp
    sparks36 Jun 28, 2010

***HUNTER WARFIELD*** If you are being harassed by HUNTER WARFIELD contact the Florida Attorney General's office - [protected] and file a complaint. Also contact the Federal Trade Commission - [protected] and file a complaint. As soon as the FTC gets enough complaints they file a class action lawsuit. Everyone needs to complain the soon the better so these people can be put out of business.

• Sp
    sparks36 Jun 28, 2010

"Look at yourself",
    Uhm yeah, about that, go look at yourself and stop responding to posts here about HW. You've no room to say anything really. I've read all the posts and you're even listed on the BBB. HW is going to be looking at a class action lawsuit soon. Especially for spoofing numbers of legit businesses. There are plenty of honest people out there trying to make a living and pay their bills. Right now, if they're having a hard time, then that's all that needs to be understood. Last I checked, 750 credit score is way better than most people could hope for!!!
    I could understand if Zed wasn't paying his bills and he had CA's calling him daily but he doesn't and as he said, "when you don't got it, you just don't got it!" You can't get blood from a rock. At least he's trying which is more than I can say about your sorry HW company and the many complaints I've read here and on the BBB website.

Here everyone: register with www.dnc.gov to keep harassing phone calls like these from happening. Also call your cell phone provider and ask about blocking numbers or family allowances to also control who calls your cell. These are my recommendations until HW can finally be laid to rest.

Look at Yourself Jun 07, 2010

Oh and one more thing:

FOR THE RECORD:

You are NOT a customer. You are a debtor who is in collections and even though that does not give the collector the right to treat you rudely at the same time they DON'T have to offer you any payment plan or even a settlement.

ALL collection agencies are hired to collect balance in full. Anything less is subject to consideration by the client that hires the CA.

Look at Yourself Jun 07, 2010

And that's the problem with you Zed, you don't understand how much a hit your 750 credit score is going to take.

This is the ignorance Americans have with their debt and don't seem to grasp the severity of a property debt on a persons credit.

Not taking any calls is a dumb move because all you have to do is ask to speak to her supervisor/manager and I am sure something could be worked out.

The more you "think" you could take care of it when you have the money the more you're going to pay in the end due to interest not to mention any other fees they could charge.

DON'T be a fool and swallow your pride because the ONLY person that loses in this whole situation at the end of the day is YOU.