Hughes Network Systemspoor performance of internet service since 2/2018 installation.

C Sep 07, 2018

Performance issues reported by me and unresolved by service technician who told us that other customers were complaining about the same problems and that the company was selling services that they could not support in our area. I called to cancel our service on AUGUST 6, 2018 and requested a refund of all service fees that we had paid since February 2018, approximately $300. As a professional counselor, I told the company that I needed internet service to support Skype sessions to support my clients and was assured by Hughes Network that I would be able to Skype with my clients. At times, I could not start the or maintain the Skype sessions with unstable internet signal. When I called to cancel my service for poor performance, I requested a refund of all previous payment and company agreed to waive early termination fees in settlement. Charges continued to be billed and company claims I reactivated service in a call to them on August 15. I did call HughesNet on August 15 but did not activate my internet service. At that time, We had already physically removed HughesNet equipment and had Viasat internet operating in our home. I have spend hours on the phone with their customer service people and want the nightmare to end.

At this point, I will not pay the company any amount and want the company to send me a letter acknowledging closure of my account.

Carla Ferguson