Menu
Home Internet Providers Hughes data usage issues

Hughes review: data usage issues

A
Author of the complaint
8:27 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I signed up for HughesNet in November of 2017. Where I live, satellite is my only choice for internet...other than dial-up...which I had for 10 years! So, that being said, you know I have patience. I was lead to believe that HughesNet had better speed and the data usage would be comparable to the other company I was with. I only signed up for the 10gb plan. Well, to start with...the first 20 days were suppose to be kind of a "Free Data Usage" period, according to the salesman and what I had read but, turns out that only lasted about 12 of those 20 days. Then, within the next three days or so, my data usage limit was maxed out! I called but, it's like talking to the wall next to me. Nothing was done to help. I've rode through what just became my third or fourth billing cycle and the results have been the same. My data is used up in the first week. I have complained through BBB and HughesNet claims they are going to call me to try and resolve my issue. Hasn't happened yet. I'm asking for cancellation and to be sent the packaging to send their equipment back and also, I don't feel I should have to pay their ridiculous early-out fee. I just don't like their way of doing business.

Update by alrebel
Mar 08, 2018 8:29 am EST

More Hughes complaints & reviews

Hughes - corporate office contacts
Hughes - 2-year contract??
Hughes - slooooow speed. not as advertised
1 comments
M
Jul 20, 2019 5:09 pm EDT

Every month I run out of data. When I have followed up they have given me tips such as downloading stuff between 2 am and 8 am so I am using my bonus data. Also I have been told to make sure all of my computers are off when I am not home. This morning I downloaded some movies between 4 am a d 8 am. I checked my data usage to make sure they were coming out of my bonus data. And they were. A d I had my original 20 GB. I left the house from 8.30 am a d 10. I did not turn anything on until noon. While I was watching one of the shows I received an alert stating I was out of data. When I spoke with the rep he told me my usage chart showed I used the 20 GB when I wasnt even home. How does that happen. I'm on hold for a supervisor now for 30 minutes. This is a scam. Their solution is for me to upgrade and pay more money. So if anyone is filing a lawsuit..contact me at [email protected]

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

620 complaints