HostNine Hostingunprofessional conduct

J

They suspend their customer's account with no warning and lock them out of their accounts, so they are unable to make backups before having to move to another hosting company. They promise backups but do not deliver them. They are unprofessional and untrustworthy.

> From: HostNine Abuse <[protected]@hostnine.com>
> Subject: [#ITH-505861]: Account Suspended: judelb
> Date: Monday, April 13, 2009, 7:02 AM
> We can provide a backup and please stop emailing support for
> a restore.
> Regards,
> Hostnine Support

• Ju
    Jude Jun 01, 2009

Just because they finally provided the backup does not make the complaint invalid. Most of it still applies:

They suspend their customer's account with no warning and lock them out of their accounts, so they are unable to make backups before having to move to another hosting company. They are unprofessional and untrustworthy.

I do not expect anything further from this "company". I just wanted this complaint on record to hopefully warn others away from them.

Martin Vidal Oct 10, 2009

Hostnine is the WORST webhost ever. I will advice ANYONE that consider using these scam-artists to visit http://hostninesucks.wordpress.com. Also, warn your friends, colleges, enemies, whoever you meet, against this company. If you start a support ticket, they will BAN YOU and CLOSE YOUR SITE if they dont like the "tone" in your complaint.

Do some research, Google and find out BEFORE you allow them to scam you too.

Hostnine SUCKS!

• Mr
    MrSomeone Oct 28, 2009

Hi,

I had an account with Host9 or HostNine whatever, Last year early 2008. They are now saying I owe them money and will send to a debt collection agency. This is a joke, I canceled over a year ago.

• H9
    H9Ben Oct 28, 2009

We are running an audit on any invoices that went unpaid. If it was an error on our part simply reply to the email and the invoices along with the account will be voided out.

Feel free to email me directly at [protected]@hostnine.com if you're having issues with that. We're giving everyone until December 1, 2008 to get unpaid invoices resolved one way or another. We're not saying you absolutely owe that we're simply trying to communicate with customers that have old invoices on their account so we can get them resolved.

• Kj
    KjetilGrimstad Apr 15, 2010

Just been suspended for sending 150 mails to contacts we have beforhand called.
    This is one of our email. Now they have suspended ALL our sites AND our clients sites.

HORRIBLE treatment with serious consecuenses for us. THEY JUST DONT CARE!

STAY AWAY fro this company!

Che

John from Houston, TX Jun 19, 2010

I'm a webmaster from Houston needing a new reseller solution. After discovering H9, I called the company and they sounded like exactly what I was seeking.

However, searching for reviews online I've found hundreds upon hundreds of complaints and instances where people commented about their terrible experiences with Hostnine.

Sure, likely some of these customers could just be angry and the problem wasn't H9's fault. Still, with sooooo many negative public comments against H9, you'd really be taking a chance hosting with them.

All said, I don't have the luxury of experiementing with my customers' livelihoods.

John

• Ri
    RichardGuye Jun 27, 2010

I agree, hostnine sucks and I will never go back. I've sinced moved over to http://www.pacifichost.com and so far, so good

• Kn
    knkk Oct 08, 2010

I am pleasantly surprised to find this thread - it kinds of clears up a lot of self-doubt.

I have had a horrible experience with Alex J of HostNine less than a month back (Sep 2010), that sounds exactly like this. He closed an account of mine randomly, and then informed me he did - I was freaked out. He unilaterally decided that a script of mine was spidering for emails, and even though he did not understand what that script actually does (he asked me), he actually pulled the website off air.

I repeatedly told him we do not do stuff like that, but he would not reply in any decent time. I requested him to up the site just for a day so I could move out (and promised to halt that script if he had a problem with it), but he wouldn't do that.

I even checked HostNine's terms of use which vindicated me - nothing our script was doing had anything violating anything they mentioned there.

While I continue to be with HostNine, I am not happy, and am looking for similar alternatives where there are several IPs in different geographies offered by the same hosting company.

• Ba
    Banai Nov 11, 2010

My account just got shut down today with no warning. They have stopped sending bills -- after messing with old paypal settings so I no longer have auto payments -- and think they can charge late fees. They try to blame me for everything that they do wrong. This has gone on too long. I was already in the process of leaving when today I find that I no longer have a web site, nor do any of my reseller customers.

• Ba
    Banai Nov 11, 2010

Well, you're lucky, because they are refusing to give me a backup of my web site.