Home Warranty of America [HWA]Poor follow up and very back service

M May 19, 2020

I am a real estate broker in chattanooga, tennessee with 31 years in the business. I have sold hwa warranties for over 11 years. As of today may 15, 2020 I have sold my last home warranty of america. I have sold home warranties for different companies over the years. I thought american home shied was bad, their warranties are not worth the paper it is printed on. However home warranty of america is at the very top of the worst home warranty companies out there. I have a customer that has been trying to get her garbage disposal repaired since october 2019, and it's may 15, 2020. That has been seven months. I have called my district manager, chad collins, many, many
Times with him not returned or response to my calls or text messages. I spoke with him three weeks ago and was on top of these claims. Another lie from chad. Today I was on the phone with this hwa over 5 hours. I have also had many other days were I was on the phone with them for hours. I begged them to give me a phone number so that I could speak with a manager in the usa. I was told that I could only talk to them, which is in guatemala, mexico. You will have trouble understanding them. I google hwa for the address and the phone number. The phone number on their web page is in guatemala, mexico [protected] which is the claim department. The other number is [protected] is not a working number. The address is 1371 abbott court, buffalo grove, il 60089. Do not ever purchase one of these warranties, they have the poorest customer service that I have ever come across. They will tell you that they are going to call you back. That's a big lie you will not get a call back. Another one of my customers had her washer and dryer go out in february 2020 and it is may 15, 2020, and she still doesn't have a washer and dryer. She must leave her home to do her laundry, and has for the last three months. The her ice maker started to leak in march and she is still trying to get hwa to send someone out to check on the unit. Again nothing happen. I gave her chad collins phone number so she could get him to help her. Like me she didn't get a call back from chad. She was told today that hwa would only pay wholesale for the new appliances, and she must pay an additional $180.00 to get a matching set. She was told back in february that she would have to buy another hwa warranty for $575.00 before they would replace her appliances. She was in her 13 month covered plan. I am trying to save you guys time and your money. Hwa has the worst customer service that I have ever come across.

It has been 5 days and still haven't heard back form the company. No surprise here...……... I am going to add this to my facebook page as well as the keller williams real estate web page which has over 180, 000 agents.