Holsted JewelersScam charges

Holsted Jewelers has been in business since 1971 and has served hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers. We would only bill a credit card given to us by a customer with an order. Our marketing efforts ask for a credit card to be entered, and our copy states that when the order ships, the credit card entered will be billed. When the jewelry item is sent, the accompanying customer service card clearly gives the customer instructions to cancel out of the program with absolutely no further obligation. I am sorry that your experience was a bad one- it sounds as if somebody got a hold of your credit card number. If you have any future issues, Holsted's customer service number is [protected].

Carolyn Kraft, Sr. Vice President of Marketing, Holsted Jewelers

RESOLVED

• Li
    Lisa Hayes Mar 06, 2017

I was also scammed, I got my 3 free rings and holstead started sending me packages of jewelry that was of poor quality and made in China. They were charging me 59.95 per package and 6:99 shipping, but billing my fingerhut account. They have billed me so much in the past 3 months that there is nothing left in my account. I refuse to use their return label and pay another 6.99 to return their crap, so the first time I put my jewelry in the little bag they sent it in and sent it in a regular envelope. It was less than 1.00 . I was never given refund of any kind. I will not let this beat me. I'm gonna take every legal outlet I can to make their life, and their business a living hell. Has anyone thought about starting a class action lawsuit, ? If anyone is interested contact me thru my [email protected]

• Em
    emeralddragon Dec 12, 2016

I ordered one thing via my Fingerhut account. I read everything including the tiny print no where did it say the would charge anything except s&h. I was not aware that it was a reaccuring monthly charge. The run a scam and all companies mailing the ads need to stop before they lose customers.

• Te
    Terri England-Ogle Workman Sep 18, 2016

I am soo sick and tired of dealing with you ppl! On January 16th, 2016 I received a Card in the mail stating I had won items just scratch off and see what I have won. I did and it said I had won 2 rings and a $25 Wal-Mart Gift Card PLUS... if I pay extra to a trial offer of their sales book or whatever they called it I'd receive ANOTHER $25 Wal-Mart Gift Card so I did. They immediately took the money from my account, exactly what I was required to pay and I received my 2 rings and 1 of my $25 Wal-Mart Gift Cards but it wasn't as easy as that.Through out the following months I continually had to call them and ask where my things were I paid for...ALWAYS got same answer...we're processing them should be ANOTHER 2-4 weeks...that time came and went...still NOTHING! At one point I had to have my Credit Card cancelled and get a new one because they were taking money out here and there. I have had to call them and fight them for what I PAID FOR and here it is 8 months later and even though I've gotten my 2 rings and 1 of my $25 Wal-Mart Gift Cards I'm STILL fighting this SCAM OF A COMPANY! At one point I was told I could call and talk with the main person over them..Mr.Murmur..lol...what a joke he is..I called left message..he NEVER returned my call...I've written him STILL NO HELP...All I want is what I PAID FOR..I'M SICK OF THIS RUN AROUND SCAM! I WANT my last $25 Wal-Mart Gift Card I PAID FOR!!! So now I'm going to talk with the Postmaster General and report them for fraud! I WILL HAVE the Federal Government notified of my problem with this company! I'VE HAD IT..ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

• Je
    Jeanne Stangl May 27, 2016

I got a mailing from Holsted Jewelers the first part of April. I was also told/through the mailing that I got that all was ONLY pay $ 3.99 P/H on them.
    B I saw that I had a choice of 2 FREE RINGS/ winning a monetary gift card from Wal Mart (to which I'm yet to receive.)

Today I went on our Bank's website/ Holsted took out an additional $ 66.98.

• Pj
    pjo59 Apr 29, 2016

Yes! My credit card numbers were stolen a few months ago and someone charged on it. This never happened until charging jewelry to Holsted. Apparently, they employ dishonest people who steal! I also received a notice that I'm entitled to a $25 gift card, due to purchases. I'm told to type in my award number at their award website but this website does not exist! No more business with Holsted.

Anita Tarvin Apr 23, 2016

It has been two months still have not got my 25.00 dollar Walmart gift card. I have got a letter from Holsted Jewelers for instruction to get my card but the site is not coming up .I am upset that i haven't got my Walmart gift card.

• Pa
    Patricia Sledge Apr 19, 2016

When i first got the order and found out that they wanted authorization to go on my account monthly and take money off i immediately said no, i don't even allow my utility company to go on my account and do an automatic draft then i got a picture of a heart necklace i wanted for my daughter so i called and order it, i saw a charge on my card the next day then i called them and ask why was the charge so high that not what the offer was for they stated that' s what it was for then a week later 2 days straight they went on my account and took a total off $200.98 without authorization, once i called in he said they had selected some jewelry for me and it would be coming in the mail all i needed to do was refuse it and they would return my money on my account . This account was my disability check goes so i will cancel my account, so that no other fraud can be summit on that card and i hope they put my money back on my card today. I want nothing else to do with this company and their jewelry look very fake.

Rena Boyd-Parker Mar 26, 2016

holsted is a fraud..they said they where sending me a 25dlrs visa card, everytime i call they give me the run around..this been going on for 3months..they do anything to sell this fake jewelry..i report this to the BBB.

• Ga
    Gail Baxter Barrett Mar 19, 2016

So all I was to pay was shipping on 2 items. But I never received my order and they where still charging my card for merchandise and pizza and movies

• St
    stephanie smart Mar 11, 2016

my name is Stephanie smart and you charged me $ 66.98 for some jewelry .
    I got a letter asking if I wanted and I sent it back saying I wasn't interested
    so would you please put my money back into my account.

sincerely

Stephanie smart

Stephanie smart and you charged me $66.98 for some jewelry. I sent back a letter stating I wasn't interested at this time

• Le
    Lee Graham Mar 05, 2016

Scam. Major scam. Send free rings .. In one box then charge you shipping for both sorry one box one shipping fee. Then call with other offers that I refused . Still charged for these Items. Inform Holsted that I was moving. Their excuse for still charging me was "you spoke to the wrong department" well why did you not transfer me to the right department. . ? Oh and to top it all off the rings I did receive turn my fingers green. This compan is a scam. Fakejewlery#everywhere

• Ka
    Katrose Feb 12, 2016

I opted out of the valentines heart neclace and mailed the paper back in by the mail in date and you still charged me over $66

Reviewer62471 Feb 11, 2016

I ordered jewellery and paid for it. A bonus Walmart gift card was supposed to be provided. Instead I got a website to log into with a award number and password. When I tried to access the website it is invalid and not available.

Reviewer57203 Feb 10, 2016

They supposed to send me a 25.00 gift card and hard for that page to come up please send me the gift card.

• Am
    Amber Elise Barefield Jan 29, 2016

This company will just run your debit/credit card with no authorization. I ordered one item that they claimed was free, and they charged me for it. My banks fraud dept calls me this morning to ask me if I authorized a charge for $56 to HOLSTED JEWELERS and I had not authorized this transaction. Upon calling the company to cancel any further dealings with them "Mary" informs me that the next piece of jewelry in the collection is already on its way in the mail, and she asked if I wanted to preview the piece before cancelling and I stated no I will send it back, now I have to wait on it to arrive and then for them to receive it back before they will reimburse me what they did NOT have permission to draft from my account in the first place. I urge anyone that thinks about ordering from them to NOT DO IT!!!

- Amber Barefield

• Et
    Ethel Carpenter Jan 27, 2016

I received the 2 free rings they are junk, then 2 times items were sent each cost $66.99 I did not order or ask for and I had canceled I am about to file a complaint with the Secretary of State and hire an attorney. It's the, they feel they can rip me off and get away with it. To settle this send me $132.98. They need to be shut down
    Ethel Carpenter
    Longview, wa.

• Ro
    Ronda Province Hyson Jan 25, 2016

Last june I received a postcard that I won a free ring all I ha to do was call and pay s/h and I would also receive a $25 Walmart gift card. The ring turned my finger green. As for the gift card, I was sent a letter saying I needed to verify my address to receive my $25 Walmart gift card. I filled it out and mailed it. About a month later I get the exact same letter again. So again I fill it out, only this time I wrote on it in several places, SEND ME MY
    GIFT CARD NOW! It did me no good. It has been about 7 months since I supposedly followed their instructions to claim my free $25 Walmart gift card, and still NOTHING!!! They are a TOTAL SCAM! They need to be stopped! I don't understand why and how they are still operating with all the people that have reported them.

a

Reviewer17465 Jan 06, 2016

They took my money. They got the (free) rings back. They took 149.out of my bank- without my permission. They gave out two other companies my number without my permission.

Reviewer11333 Jan 05, 2016

I did not recieve anything nor ordered anything from you. 66.28 and 3.99 was taken from my account. I want it back today!!!

Sarah Sullivan Jan 02, 2016

I am very upset with this company. I was online with Publishers Clearing House and a offer came up for a some kind of free money card and the only way to get it was to sign up for three separate programs. One of the programs was to sign up for free jewelry, 3 rings, from Holsted Jewelers. I just needed to pay for the shipping & handling and I would become a valued customer. A few weeks went by and I forgot all about the offer. December 1 2015, I saw the charge on my card statement and immediately called Holsted Marketing and person I talked to told me what the charge was for and that I would be receiving more jewelery ever month for a charge of 60 something a month! I repeatedly told them I wasnt interested in anything else! Then of course they thanked me for my initial order but assured me that I would not be charged for anymore orders. I got the rings, I wore one and noticed that they were not very good quality jewelry and was glad I had canceled future orders. About a month later Jan 1, 2016 I saw a charge of $66.98 on my account. I called immediately and asked why was I being charged $66.98 on my account and was told that I would be recieving earrings in the mail shortly. When I asked why?, I NEVER gave them permission to send me more jewlery let alone charge our bank account! Isnt that illegal? I was informed that I had not cancelled my account back in December, according to them, and that's why I was being charged. After several attempts and talking to several different people, they finally cancel my account as of January 2 2016. I was informed that the only way I can get my money back, was to send back the earrings after I received them. I asked them for an immediate refund because I had not ordered these items and they told me that it didn't work that way. I also told them that it was poor customer service for them to charge somebody for something if they don't even know what they're getting. It would be in their best interest to go ahead and refund a customer when they say they weren't ordering something and then let that customer, at their own leisure, send the item back . Better yet it would be a nice incentive to give the item and a full refund to the customer and apologize for the inconvenience and for the misunderstanding. But no they don't do it that way. It doesn't work that way. I have to go through the trouble of waiting for the jewelry and then send it back and the whole time they're able to keep my money in their account plus thousands of other people's money in their account. They can draw interest off of the money. This is how they're making their money so they're not concerned about sending back a lil bit of money after they've drawn a whole bunch of interest off of a lot of people. I am contacting the Better Business Bureau. I will set up a lawsuit against this company. I'm sending back the earrings and they WILL give me my money back! I will never buy from Holsted Jewelers and neither will my family and friends. This company that has been around since 1971, has lost their reputation with a lot of people and they will be losing their Company after all these people file suit against them.

• Ho
    Holsted jewelers Dec 25, 2015

I'm sorry there was any confusion when you accepted our offer of free rings. Please be assured that once you return the shipment you received your refund will be credited to your account. The free jewelry is yours to keep. If you have any questions please call one of our Customer Service Representatives at 800.671.2958.

• Sp
    Sparkie Harris Dec 23, 2015

I went on a site so called freebies, i received a package of so called free jewelry that is not worth 3 dollars ok nooo problem its free.then I get another package of cheap garbage they call jewelry and says to keep it for the low low price of 6.99 well its not worth that much or shipping to send it back, so I call the co. im not happy with the result of that so I went to the bank to find out they charged me 66.98 twice for each package so now I have to change debit cards and be without access to my account for 5 to 7 days they are supposed to return my money we will see how that works out but I am going to the post office to file a complaint against holsted jewelers in Joliet ill.

• Ru
    Ruth Prado Dec 17, 2015

I received my free rings and paid S&H. They sent me a notice saying they were going to send me jewelry every month. I DO NOT WANT ANY MORE JEWELRY AND I WILL NOT ACCEPT IT IF IT COMES> I WILL PAY FOR NOTHING BECAUSE I ORDERED NOTHING> TAKE MY NAME OFF YOUR REGISTER.

• Ap
    April Grosz Dec 15, 2015

I have received an unauthorized charge to my account on Dec. 11th 2015 for $66.98 to my account. I did not order any thing from you and I am pressing charges and taking actions. I only authorized a ring for $1.99 for a special offer and now that you have my credit card on file this does not GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO CHARGE SOMEONE WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION! I would never order your [email protected]#$% products and was unhappy with the ring i got the first time with the special offer. You need to delete my information from your file and I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

Reviewer16764 Dec 14, 2015

Said i get a free ring if i just paid shipping so i did weeks later it took of 70$ this place is a scam

• Fl
    Florencia Garcia Dec 09, 2015

I see this company has been doing this for a long time. I called for some free rings they sent me a paper on the mail. I had to pay shipping only. A month after they are charging my card with $68 for something I never agreeded on. NO ONE gave them permission to send me that and when I spoke to them the first time I made it clear I did not want anything but the free stuff. This people are a total scam. And btw the JEWELERY is so fake and horrible. Nothing like the pictures they have.

Makyra Motley-Engdahl Dec 02, 2015

I received a text message alert at 12:23am saying my checking account was charged $68. Its pending right now but if it goes through they will have over drawn my account. I called customer service and got no answer. Wow.

• Gi
    Gina Tolentino Wright Dec 01, 2015

after taking an online survey more than i was offered special deals from various companies. I chose the Holsted products and made two one-time purchases and received my products about a week later. last week my account was charged for an additional $100+ without any purchases being made. I called my bank and found out that the company had established a "standing authorization" with my account meaning they can charge it whenever they feel it necessary. This should not happen for any amount of one-time purchases, definitely since nobody in our household has an account with them. We just filed a fraud case against the charge and would highly recommend for nobody to blindly conduct business with this company.

• Ho
    holested jewelers Nov 18, 2015

I have not yet received Walmart cards and I'm not paying of 50 bucks for these cheap ### rings I don't think I need to say more it seems like everybody else is the same complaint

martha south Nov 02, 2015

hello my name is martha south i bought a ring from holsted and ware it one time and middle stone fell out cant find it, can you help me out please [email protected] ...[protected]

• De
    Deborah Mackgreene Nov 02, 2015

[protected] [protected] I cancelled with this company last month and now I see where they have taken monies out of my account $123.76 Deborah Mackgreene [protected]

• Ri
    Richiko Oct 27, 2015

I am also waiting to get the "free rings" but its taken weeks. Still waiting holsted. And I have received a few odd transactions on my debit card 💳 too that I had to stop with my bank 🏦. Since iv was sorta skeptical I decided to have these "free real sapphire cluster rings" tested at some jewelry stores at the nearby mall. This better NOT be a scam.

• Al
    alicia51 Oct 26, 2015

holsted jewelers will rip u off

• Al
    alicia51 Oct 26, 2015

Alicia davidson, , , , ref #[protected] money keeps being took from my card this is the second time this time 66.98$ i want it back it was not authorized talk to someone quote my card would not be charged and this is twice...Now my bills are a mess why would you do a person this way ???????this happen on oct.26 2015

• Sh
    sharonb358 Oct 18, 2015

I'm glad I researched this because I too received the card stating pay $3.99 and get two free rings and receive a $25 Walmart card. I'm sorry to hear about you guys misfortune, but at the same time I thank you for sharing this information because if it was not for you I too would be on here trying to get my money back. I hope everybody's situation gets resolved. Again, thank you for sharing on this scam!!

Reviewer87896 Oct 15, 2015

i got the first item from them cancelled checked my card (1 year later my mistake) they have billed me over 750.00 for merch not recieved called on it all they can tell me they will check into it but guess what they dont care

• La
    ladyrower20 Oct 13, 2015

I can say I definitely agree with all of the complaints posted here... I have a charge to my account that I never authorized for 65.15 and I've filed a claim through my credit union. This whole we don't charge without consent is a lie. This company really should be forced out of business. Dishonesty and theft are my 2 biggest pet peeves and I will not stand for it. What I want to know is who this Carolina kraft bought my information from, because I certainly never gave it to this company or have ever even heard of this company before.

Mary Catherine Young Oct 06, 2015

I was charged 59.98 without my authorization on my debit
    card. I live on disability and I can't afford to lose money
    due to fraud. These people don't care what they do
    legal or illegal. I have sent an email to the Justice
    Department about them. I hope that will get their attention.

• Ni
    nikda Oct 05, 2015

I was also scammed by this awful company.. have gotten 3 different numbers to call. still waiting to get my refund !!!

• As
    Ashley Simmons Sep 30, 2015

Thank God for the internet! I just got the card in the mail. I recently got engaged and have been receiving offers for free stuff as long as I go listen to some one talk and try to sell me stuff. NOrmally I have no problem and I have been to a few before like this and enjoyed them. I assumed this was the same and was just about to call when I had a feeling I should look it up. I'm so glad I did! Thanks for the heads up ladies!!!