Hitachi / Split AcNot attending to complaint in warranty

I purchased a split AC of Hitachi on January 30, 2011 and in the last week of April, 2011 I first thought of using it. I discovered that the AC is not cooling.

I called up the service center at Delhi (011-[protected]) and was told that it would be attended to in 48 hours. An engineer came the very next day and said that there is a leak and the gas inside has escaped. The leak needs to be fixed and gas re-filled.

Since then, no body has come to fix it. Every time I call up the service center (which is very difficult to get through) I am told that it would be attended to on the day or the next day. But, it is over one week of follow up in vein. I asked them to let me know the escallation path and also called up the corporate office in Ahmedabad but with no respite.

Any help to resolve the issue will be greately appreciated.

Sashikala May 13, 2011

I am from chennai. I purchased Hitachi split AC on January 02, 2011 at Ratna Fan House, Chennai. I too had the same problem 10 days before. I registered a complaint on 4th of April, the very next day technician came and said that gas leakage has happened and some other person will in couple of days to rectify it, but no one has come for 5 days, then we called the customer and blasted, then on 11th April a person came and attended it. On that night coolin was pretty good. Then again last night I faced a same problem.

There are lots of AC's are there which is less than Hitachi's price but we considered Hitachi only because of brand. Within 4 months we registered 3 complaints. I dont know what brand name they have??!! We have a plan of purchasing 4 AC's, for sure I will not go for HITACHI.

• Ab
    Abhinav Goswami May 29, 2011

I purchased Hitachi split AC from Navarang Audio & Video(p) Ltd, Laaxmi Nagar, Delhi on 29.06.2011 but till date no one has come to give routine service.When I asked the customer care centre at Lucknow today i.e.29.05.11, the lady says that all the check-ups are now lapseed and only one service can be provided now.She also confirmed that there is no system for automatic routine service.This is horriblet that a company of Hitachi repute is so callous about customer services and are so blunt to refuse servicing which company should have provided.