HiFi Sound ConnectionRefusing a Refund

WARNING!! Do not order from this company. We ordered a Clarion video monitor to for our vehicle that had to match the other existing one. We specifically and clearly identified that the monitor could NOT BE SUBSTITUTED in the customer notes section, in fact our online account clearly shows this. Someone wrote “Substitute” ¾ of an inch above the “Do not Substitute” note, unbelievable. We received the wrong component, surprise – surprise that would not mount correctly and the wiring connectors were completely different. Seems like a simple mistake that any reputable company should be able to correct. That is where things go sideways. We have sent over 10 different e-mails and have left a phone message, provided them with each and everything they requested and now can’t even get them to contact us. We have had to pay freight 2 ways and a 60.00 duty and they have the monitor. They initially indicated that they did not receive the item. Amazingly when we provided a shipping document for which they signed for, it suddenly appeared. They then said that this order was too old to provide a refund. This whole thing had become old because of their incompetence and their never intending to send a refund. Their last communication was an offer to provide a store credit, we don’t want a store credit, we just want back the money we spent for an item we did not order. We are appalled that a company that provides this service can even be allowed to be in business. Any of the reviews that indicate a satisfied customer are ones who happened to receive the correct item in the first place. If you receive the wrong item or it is damaged, you are screwed!!! They have no intention of correcting the mistake. The biggest joke is that the monitor that we wanted and they do not have is still shown on their website. You have to know that someone else will make the same request and be shipped a substitute that will not work and have to go through the same crap. Once again……DO NOT DEAL WITH HIFI SOUNDCONNECTION, they are online crooks. We will be looking at other ways of getting this story out to the public.
TS Lloyd

• Aa
    Aaron Boatright Apr 08, 2013

On 2/12/13 I purchased a Bazooka amp and as I installed it, it was immediately notice that one of the plugs was not making a proper connection (the problem being the wiring harness or the plug inside the amp). I got authorization to returned it to HIFI Sound connection for a replacement. Its now been 4 weeks and I'm still getting the run around. I have spoken to Tanya, Mark, and one other customer service rep about solving this problem and NO ONE will give a straight answer. At this point I just want money ($255) refunded, because I fear there is just going to additional problems. Judging by the large number of complaints I'm seeing on the internet, it looks as though they will not willingly refund my money or place the product.

I intend to contact the CEO Chris Rush and the general manager Tony Rush for my refund. And if this does not work, I will file a law suit in small claims in Christian County Missouri seeking my refund and costs for doing so."