Having problems with HiFi Corp?

+27 860 459 459 (Goods shipped in error /Incorrect goods delivered)
+27 860 495 495 (Damaged Goods delivered)
+27 861 117 775 (JD Lay-By Customer Care)
+27 127 613 000 (National Consumer Commission)
+27 860 000 272 (Consumer Goods and Services Ombud)
+27 117 186 197 (Head Office)
27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein
Johannesburg
South Africa - 2018

Complaints & Reviews

in july hi-fi corp swapped my tomtom for a new on and within a month it freezes

In july hi-fi - corp swapped my tomtom for a new on and within a month it freezes. took back to hifi and an indian service manager told me he call tomtom and they are going to send him some doc on what to do with the tomtom, he said he is going to test it and call me back the following day and he advised his staff member to book the gps in and he will confirm with tom tom if he has to swap it again or what. I'm still waiting for his call as he has promised and it is more that 3 weeks now.

• Hi
    Hi-Fi Corporation Aug 24, 2010

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention, and we are sorry you have had such a negative experience at our store.
    In order to fast track your complaint, please could you give us your contact details so that we can sort your problem out as soon as possible please do not hesitate in contacting us on 0860 459 459 or [email protected]
    Regards
    Customer Care
    Hi-Fi Corporation

bad service / no nononsens garantie

Hi
I bought a Canon printer from HiFi Corp. after 6 month it shows only paper jam, doesn't do anything else!
I send it in to Hifi Corporation!
Hifi Corp. has a "Our no nonsense guarantee" = "faulty products will be repaired within 21 days or replaced by a similar product!"
I waited 25 Days! nothing!
I complaint with the Service Manager Nadia! Her answer: "You have to hold on, I have to contact Canon, I cannot give you a new Printer!
I complaint with the Call Center! After 5 Hours they got the Printer back!!!
on the following Day I collect the Machine!
The first Fax came in on Monday! Now the machine not only shows the Paper jam on the Display, you can see it
every page get stuck!!!
I called again, message to Nadia!!! No reply Message to Beggy!!! No Reply
finally I get hold of Nadia. She ask me to bring the printer in to get the Serial Nr.: I gave this Nr over the Phone.
Now more nonsense!!! with our no nonsense guarantee!!!
Remember! I send the Printer in on the 2nd of Sep.2008 today is the 16.10.2008
I have to hold on, for the Rep of Canon! only he can say YES/NO!!!
When you see on the Website http://www.hificorporation.co.za/information/guarantee/ a nice Sticker (LIVING THE PROMISE!!!)
Living a Lie/Joke would be better!!!

Thanks

Michael

• Mr
    Mr Valued Customer Aug 12, 2008

On the 10/08/2008 I bought a laptop charger.I was told by the sales man that it was correct.Once I reached home, i found that it was the wrong charger.On the 12/08/2008 i went back to HiFi Corporation {The Glen, Jhb}. I dealt with a person by the name of Axolile, Who is the most slowest person i have ever seen. He was not helpful at all and very rude. He then took me to the sales floor and left me alone to find the right charger. After 20 minutes of looking for the right charger a sales person tried to assist me. They did not have what i was looking for, i had to go back to the returns dep and wait again for service. I the requested to speak to the manager, after another long wait i finally saw the manager who was Rihaan. {I has to find him and ask him to help me} While explaining my concern, I was cut off by Rihaan as he shouted to one of his co-worker on the other side of the store and i quote{ Give this guy a refund } and then turned and walked away. After another long wait, i finally got a refund. In total I have waited more that one hour for the worst service that i have ever had.***MY ADVISE IS NOT TO BUY FORM HiFi Corporation {The Glen, Jhb}*****

• Dc
    D Cronje Mar 15, 2009

YesterdayI went to Hi fi Corp at William Moffat centre Port Elizabeth to buy a mouse for my Pc. A young man there called Andrew John there really impressed me with his friendly efficient service.

Thank you Andrew your customer sercice is excellent

D H Cronje

ps3 not reading discs

I want to know when is my playstation 3 coming back to me because i bought it at hi fi corporation and it doesnt want to read discs so i took it back to the shop last month on the 20th of april and now its 27 of may, its been 1 month and 5 days now and i am still paying for it but i dont have it they always tell many stories that its not yet fixed so i dont know what to do because it stresses me a lot because i am paying for something i dont have so i dont appreciate their service at all so please help...

"DJ TSU"

• Tm
    Tman May 17, 2009

Hi Fi corp is a company that sells rejects. they sell products that didnt pass the qc test. peace out Hi Fi Losers! U R Conartists

no stock! - ever?

I bought a portable diamond dvd player from hi fi corporation in port elizabeth south africa in mid 2007. After repairs done twice to the unit, I waited for the second time round more than 25 days to get my product back from the store. I phoned them numerous times only to hear "we will phone you back sir". Eventually one of their friendly tech's, gave me a voucher for the initial amount of purchase r 799-00. Fantastic service only to discover that they did not have stock - nor will they have stock of the original product I wanted again. I was offered other makes of players more expensive than the one I had bought for my son's birthday.
Now the point I make is the following :

> I don't want another product, more expensive as the one I bought.
> I have a voucher which I cannot use.
> this deal will leave me out of pocket and misrable as hi fi corporation cannot compromise to provide me with one single diamond dvd player or the like, at the same price which I take it they import by numbers.
> a lady heather, phones me from the hi fi corporation shop in port elizabeth on 28 feb 08 and offers me a sansui at r 200-00 more. I have to pay more to relive the horror?
> the hi fi corporation's link on the web page to customars complaints seems to be not linking as I had to spend national telephone rates to call someone at the call center in jhb to lodge a complaint.
> if the product was old or unique in any way, I would understand their ability not to replace it at the same price. I bought it in mid 2007, not even eight months down the line and you cannot find it any more? Questionable imports or just no regard for customer service.
> no refunds? Wow what a convient way to retain customers.

I say : "give me the same product or give me my money back"

• Ci
    Cindy May 01, 2008

i totally agree Hi Fi Corp has the most appauling customer service known to mankind. no one takes ownership of anything and everyione just seems to pass the buck. I had my banking details changed November 2007 at which point i went into the branch in Ronderbosch Cape twon to have my banking details changed only to be told that its too late in teh month and a manual payment has to be made which i had made for two months following. And to date they have still not changed my banking details and i have obvoisly incurred bank charges and nothing is being done about it and i have attempted on numerous occasions to have this details updated to be given excuse after excuse liek they are currently offline this cannot eb done over the phoen and finally to add insult to injury after having been to the store 3X i was told that i would have to come in again to update my details.

Disgusting

• Al
    alison James Aug 21, 2008

ya, Portable DVD players seem to be futile pieces of junk. I bought a Sansui one in 2006 Oct, at first i used it all the i even took it camping with me(watched DVDS out there in the kalahari Gemsbok Park ). but by Dec the backing of the device started to come off, and the laser stopped reading the disc. so i took it back to Hi- Fi..only after three trips and three months later, did they tell me it could not be fixed. I looked at the room where the appliance were kept, and all i saw was boxes of defaulted Sancui DVDs. (Never buy sancui I realised !!!) so i was refunded the R1299 voucher back that it cost me(they also were out of tok for the sancui DVD). luckily just in time for my 18 birthday. i decided not to get another portable DVD player as the novelty of them had worn off. instead i settled for a LG DVD/video combo for my room, and there was enough voucher credit left for me to get the Little Mermaid DVD as well: ). Back to point, i was glad i got my money back, but really frustrated by the slow service. But a company that makes great portable DVD players is Telefunken, a friend of mine has one and it's lasted for 1 year already!!!

• Tr
    Trevor Mar 09, 2009

Fool me once, shame on you, twice - shame on me. And I am ashamed that I didn't heed my friend's advice not to buy from Hi Fi Corporation. I will never buy anything from Hi Fi Corporation again.
    Seems they try to enforce a three times return rule (at 21 days per return) before they will replace a defective item. So they want 63 days and three attempts to fix the very items they sell... If they have so little confidence in themselves, then so do I !

• Ca
    cahtess Apr 11, 2009

I've bought 4 expensive products at Hi-Fi Corp in the last 5 months; I've had a bad experience each time. Can't believe I actually went back there after the third time. I've never experienced such bad customer service, even via their customer service department.
    The staff is unprofessional and don't have good product knowledge. The managers are unhelpful and unproactive. The so called "service department" is a joke. How embarassing for them...or not.

• Zu
    zuwaki Jul 29, 2009

Is there anyone who bought DIXON or C-TECH DVD player? How is the quality?

wrong product supplied

I bought a the above mentioned Home theatre with DVD Player from HI-FI Corporation, River Walk, Botswana for...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices