Having problems with HiFi?

HiFi Customer Service Contacts

+27 860 459 459 (Goods shipped in error /Incorrect goods delivered)
+27 860 495 495 (Damaged Goods delivered)
+27 861 117 775 (JD Lay-By Customer Care)
+27 127 613 000 (National Consumer Commission)
+27 860 000 272 (Consumer Goods and Services Ombud)
+27 117 186 197 (Head Office)
27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein
Johannesburg
South Africa - 2018

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with HiFi Customer Service. Initial HiFi complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for HiFi above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about HiFi. Discuss the issues you have had with HiFi and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Hi Fi CooperationFour plates stove

Since 2014 august, I bought the stove r7000 cash from hi fi cooperation, till today I didn't receive the stove. I have been send up and downs, no solution. This matter knocked me into depression and other conditions, please help me get my stove. I have been struggling to cook and still struggling even now. See attached pictures of my situation

Nov 13, 2020

Hifi — False advertising

Good Day Mr Tyrone Viera Trust that you are well and keeping safe. I would to bring this to your attention...

Hifi BaywestScreen warantee laptop

Like I said in previous email I sent my laptop in the 14th and they call me today telling me about a quote that they received for repairs for a damaged screen that they do not cover, so tell me why I would take out a warantee on a laptop that serves no purpose.

I am also upset for them contacting me on the 21st day that I should of collected my laptop as was explained in the store but they want to call me on the last day and tell me about a quote that I should of received before the 21 days are up.

Please explain to me how this works as i need my laptop as I'm a student and this is delaying my whole process of working and I'm really upset for the crappy shoddy service I received from your Baywest branch and staff that cannot explain to the customers what the warantee covers on the products they are selling what are they trained for????

Nov 09, 2020

Hifi — Faulty product

Hi there Complaint against HiFi Corporation Southgate  Purchase date 19 September 2020 Complaint date...

Hi Fi CorporationProduct under warranty went in for repair, still not back after 23 working days

I took my laptop in for repair at Hifi Corp as it was having a problem with its battery and it was still under warranty. They said it will be back within 21 working days. And their policy says within 21 working days. Today marks 23 working days and they still have not returned it. When I call they say that they do not know when it will be ready.
      I took my laptop in on the 01st October 2020. The store was Hifi Corp in N1 City Centre. My reference number is [protected].
      I need my laptop to work and this has caused a lot of distress. In future we have decided to not buy from Hi Fi Corp ever again. The issue was handled with absolutely no caring whatsoever. This is not okay.

Nov 03, 2020

Hi-Fi Corporation — Unethical behavior and bad service.

Good day. I bought a bed online at the end of JULY 2020. bed was delivered end of August. I phoned call...

Oct 29, 2020

Hifi — Product and service complaint

Good day. I bought a bed online at the end of April 2020. I emailed and phoned them in May to find out if the...

Oct 28, 2020

HiFi Corp — Unethical business practice

28 Oct 2020, 13:29 Unethical business practice by Hifi Corporate Springfield On the 27/10/2020 I was on their...

HifiBroken mellerware stick blender 800w robot 8580 - online purchase

After 2 weeks, blender broke. HiFi & Mellerware must take responsibility. After multiple emails, 0 response. Took it to Cornubia branch, with slip, sent an email, no response. Returned, made a scene, was then promised refund in 7 days from Neil on 30 Sept. Today is 27 Oct, 0 money back, 0 apology, 0 email, 0 customer service. [censored] service & product

• Updated by Juliet Ca · Oct 27, 2020

I double checked my online purchase and the order was made prior to the 26th of August 2020, so it's now been nearly 2 months! no blender and Neil at the Cornubia branch promised to give me a full refund of my purchase and still nothing. hifi corp must know that they are selling inferior goods that are below par and they just continue ripping customers off. It's totally unacceptable!

HiFi CorpDiamond tv shut down

About my tv is broken and I called Hifi corp to need information of where can I take it to be fixed then a guy by name of Steward he refered me to Hifi corp in wonderpark cause they knew the best repairer, yes on Saturday I hired a car for R500 then took my tv to wonderpark when I get there it was different story, ok I knew is out of warranty and guarantee but they told me I will pay for myself but the mananger told me he can not help me I rather go somewhere for my tv to be fixed, at first why I was misled to go to hifi and secondly is their brand they have to know the best technician but today when I tell Steward about what happened in WonderPark for him is nothing he just told me to look for technician, he failed to apologies for wrong information he failed to tell me where can I find the best Diamond tv repairer

HifiSansui smart tv 65 inch

I bought a TV from hifi Corp in March 2020..
            Ever since the TV has been playing but constantly switches off on its own.. Checked the sleep setting and everything is off.. I called the shop and they said they can fix it.. But they said they are going to have to take the TV and not leave me with a replacement.. The guy who came to fetch it says it might take up to a month.. I called them and asked if I can get a replacement the lady laughed and said that won't happen.. I can not sit here for a month with no TV as I said the TV does work.. Even though it's at intervals.. I asked them for a replacement TV or a TV to watch till they finish fixing this one and they said no.. My number is [protected]

Sansui smart tv 65 inch

HifiService

Good day the service at promenade mall is unacceptable and very poor I was standing at the pay point there was no line and the whole floor was full of employees but no one came to assist me. I'm very upset about the service I got there I hope someone take responsibility for the incident otherwise I will make it my point to let the world knows about your bad service

HiFi CorpNo service

As I walked into Hifi corp Klerksdorp I hear the usual load music playing in the back of the store. I am looking for someone to get advice and as I look at an employee of Hifi corp, he turns around continue dancing to the music that is playing and ignores me, as i walked to another employee and asks for the manager, he says to me "she is out" and then the musoc gets turned up. This is not the first time i recieve bad service from Hifi corp Klerksdorp, after the revamp i thought maybe this time they will have beter service, but no not now and i doubt if I ever will .

HiFi CorpFalse warranty assurance

I purchased a 65 inches Sansui Tv at Westrand lifestyle on the 29/07/2020 with warranty, the tv only worked for 3 weeks and me knowing that it was on warranty, I contacted them and they sent someone who came to my house and failed to fix it, its been 3 weeks and they have failed to replace it despite them not being able to fix it. I regret it the purchase and wish I went to Makro as I would have been satisfied by them as they are more professional and take ownership as opposed to HIFI who take the money and don't care what happens with their product.

HiFi CorpOrdered defy 13kg top loader

I ordered a defy 13kg washing machine from hifi online on the 29 th Aug 2020.. and to my surprise when I track my order today it's says refund pending and when I ask they tell me that they don't have stock and my money will be refunded after 7_10 working days.. I mean it took them a day to take my money now I am told this kind of rubbish.. and they have not been communicating with me at all and should have atleast had the decency to call me and let me know about stock issue.. I have been chatting to Rob and he doesn't seem to care much. I just want my R4900 to be refunded back by end of the week do that I order another machine somewhere else

Aug 25, 2020

HiFi Corp — I'm complaining about the service I got from your manager in carnival mall

Good evening I would like to start by saying in not happy about the service I got at one of your branche...

Aug 11, 2020

HiFi Corp — No delivery on an online purchase

My friend has bought me a jbl endurance run eat phone, the item was purchased online on1st august 2020 and up...

Aug 08, 2020

HiFi Corp — Purchase of samsung 55' smart tv

Good day, I put down a r500 layby on a samsung 55' inch smart tv. Approximateky 1 month later, I...

HiFi CorpPurchased bed online from hi fi corp:order #[protected]

After I purchased the bed online I noticed that there is a 7-14 day delivery window. Although I respect the requirements I contacted the call centre and left a online message. A rep called me back and after I explained to her that we are elderly and lost the bed and base due to to a electrical incident and that we are currently sleeping on the floor. She stated that the bed would be delivered on monday. I have left several online messages and mails but no feedback. Yesterday I called again and the lady confirmed that they are working on the matter. Problem is nobody responds to my requests and call are not always answered, service really poor

HiFi CorpPoor customer service

I bought a bosch front-load washing machine on the 14th of july 2020 at hi fi cooperation in wonderpark. Unfortunately on the day of the delivery I lost the slip. On the 15th of july 2020 I went to the store to ask for my slip reprint then I was told that I should submit a bank statement as proof of purchase. Then I gave them all they need and the message I got was that it will be sent to my email. Now on the 5th of august 2020 I went again to the store to ask why didi I not receive the email they promised, then I got an excuse from the manager that they no longer print them at the store only head office can help me and that I was not supposed to loose the slip, then why is there a reprint option?. Now if a manager can say that to me where can I get help???